River Edge Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Pennellville
See available hotels
View Hotel
The Red Mill Inn(Baldwinsville)
View Hotel
All reviewserie canalwonderful hostsb bcanopy bedwine and cheesehuge bathantique furnitureelegant homemoment you arrivefantastic cooksyracuse areaboat tourmodern conveniencesnext morningfeel right at homebeautiful roomshopping and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Had the most wonderful time at River Edge Mansion with our charming hosts Anne, Steve, and Cindy! The rooms are all gorgeous and tastefully decorated-- we stayed in the Oneida Room, which includes easy access to a 2nd floor balcony where we had tea and homemade blueberry muffins (made by Anne! delicious.) in the morning-- just perfect. The food is superb, really above average (both Anne and Cindy are wonderful cooks). The accommodations are so comfortable, and the setting is beautiful! The Mansion sits on the edge of the Erie Canal, and you can walk down and sit in the gazebo by the dock-- so quiet and still. The house is huge, so the room felt very private and spacious, even though there were other guests staying in the Mansion that night. There are lots of little wonderful places to retreat-- 2 porches, a beautiful sitting room-- made me feel like I was a character on Downton Abbey!
I was on a family vacation with my parents, and we arrived in the afternoon-- Anne and Steve instantly made us feel at home and treated us more like family than just guests. They happened to be having a clambake that evening and invited us to join them! The clams were delicious, and while we ate Steve regaled us with some wonderful stories of his past; he always has a twinkle in his eye and sure knows how to deliver a punch line.
Everything about this place is wonderful-- they even have an incredibly friendly golden retriever. All in all, we couldn't have picked a better place to spend a relaxing weekend. We will most definitely return, as we already miss our new friends Anne, Steve, and Cindy. And we can't wait to escape for another weekend in their beautiful mansion!

Room Tip: Oneida Room has easy access to balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed at the Mansion in early July and had a great time. Anne, Cindy and Steve are the best hosts ever!! Sitting on the dock in the afternoon was a treat as was the wonderful food they served. We took a dinner cruise (Steve is a licensed captain) to a small town about an hour from the Mansion and were treated to a great meal aboard fresh from the grill. Steve and I tried to match stories but he's a better story teller I think. We stayed in the Seneca room and all I can say is "WOW"! I think the bathroom was bigger than my bedroom at home! And breakfast.....I kept thinking we were done when Anne would bring out the next course. Even their dog is very cool!! I hope we get the chance to stay with them again one day. Steve and I still have more stories to tell.....

Room Tip: We liked the rooms with a view of the river
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This place is a dream! We stayed here only for one night (wish it could've been longer) on our way to Massachusetts from Niagara Falls. We met Anne and Steve, and immediately felt welcomed and at home! After helping us upstairs, he showed us around the house and to our room - the Oneida River Suite. It is even more beautiful than the pictures, but we didn't have much time to relax because we were also set up to take the River boat dinner cruise! A MUST!!! Wow oh WOW! The weather and river and the whole environment was just amazing! We boarded the boat and enjoyed refreshments and music and conversation while smelling the wonderful meal that Anne was making for us. I learned how fantastic of a cook she was that night and it would be reiterated the next morning for breakfast. If you get a chance, let Steve and Anne take you on the river boat dinner cruise - you will not regret it! When we returned, my husband and I enjoyed the deck out by the room and fell in love with everything! The bed was comfortable, the house was quiet, it was a perfect place for a peaceful rest. The next morning we had a pre-breakfast treat waiting outside our door - coffee and some kind of tasty cake - what a surprise! Steve was a great conversationalist and did not make us feel uncomfortable, but more like family! One minor problem I had, but I totally got over it - I wish there was a handheld shower head for the shower... it is a small shower and a handheld would have been very helpful, but no biggie. We will most definitely be back to this gem! Absolutely enchanting!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki M
AnneHutchins, Owner at River Edge Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Thanks for your really nice review and comment about the Oneida River room shower. We installed a handheld shower and it works beautifully. Great idea!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I celebrated my birthday with my fiance and was very impressed with this B&B, Anne and Steve are wonderful hosts. They went out of their way to make our stay very memorable. When we arrived, there were yellow roses in our room that Anne had selected for me. Steve recommended a fine restaurant and he arranged to have them pick us up in a limosene. The decor was first class with beautiful antiques and a very comfy bed. We came down to shop and Anne was so kind as to give us a discount Macy's coupon (which was a short distance from the house) and which we put to good use. Our breakfast was scrumptous and her two friendly dogs made us feel welcome. We would highly recommend this relaxing B&.
Sandra and Russ

Room Tip: Our room was a corner room in dark green with a king size bed. Very spacious and bright.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WarsawConnection
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Unfortunately only spent one night but will certainly return. Steve and Anne were delightful hosts.
The room and decor were great as was their restaurant recomendation. All this followed by a superb breakfast the next morning. The little touches were especially nice, like a tray of coffee and goodies delivered to the room in the morning. All in all a wonderful experience which we hope to repeat

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple