“Cute, Cozy & Clean”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Peru
Shamrock Motel and Cabins
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Peru
Upstate, New York
“Cute, Cozy & Clean”
Reviewed 2 September 2008

The Motel Room was really cute and cozy and very neat. It had a rather large refrigerator for a motel. It really was a really good deal for the price and the location. There are no frills - just a nice room. Once you are inside the cabin you really feel like you are living in a log cabin at a campground - wooden pine smell included. I would stay there again if I was in the area. Its about 1.5 miles away from AuSable Chasm; 5 miles away from Lake Champlain; 12 miles away from Plattsburgh; and 45 minutes away from Lake Placid. Janice is ultra helpful and will give you good tips on places to eat.

• Liked — the location, cleanliness, and cozy atmosphere
  • Disliked — the size of the bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Central NJ
Reviewed 10 August 2007

I stayed at the Shamrock Motel and Cabins for four nights in July during an 11 day road trip. I made this our home base to do day trips to Lake Placid, Whiteface Mountain, Ausable Chasm and Plattsburgh. We found the Shamrock had simple, clean accommodations for under 50. per night , although I don't know if rates vary, depending on seasons or special events in the area, like so many others (such as the Ironman Triatholon held in Lake Placid). Rooms were roomy, beds comfortable, and we didn't care about the dated side chairs. TV, round table with chairs for a meal, kitchen with full refrig/freezer, small stove/oven, double-sink. I brought my own mini coffee maker, but there may have been one in one of the cabinets, I never checked. There wasn't a microwave though, although we didn't need one. The motel rooms have airconditioning, the cabins do not. The cabins look really cute and they sit back further from the road. I was afraid of a heat wave, so we opted for the air conditioned rooms. They are closer to the road and you hear some traffic, but only during certain times of the day/night. I'm a light sleeper and I slept well here. Janice the owner was very accommodating and pleasant. She mentioned Crickets up the road for a meal/drink, and we enjoyed that one evening. I would definitely contact Janice again and stay here. Lake Placid hotels were too pricey for us, and what we saved we spent on tickets to climb Whiteface Mountain, Gondola Ride, Ski Jumps, Summer Bobsled run, etc. Don't let the 45 min. ride to Lake Placid turn you off. If you are on a road trip, enjoy the views and the drive like we did!

• Liked — Clean, very reasonable rates, and had kitchen.
  • Disliked — Motel rooms are close to main road.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank LivLuvLaugh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
#5 of 14 in Plattsburgh
Hampton Inn & Suites Plattsburgh
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Plattsburgh
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plattsburgh

Been to Shamrock Motel and Cabins? Share your experiences!