“Bates Motel would be better” 1 of 5 bubbles

Red Carpet Inn Phelps
Red Carpet Inn Phelps
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Phelps
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“Bates Motel would be better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Ok, it was late and it was in the Motelcoupon.com book at $39 for king bed. I always read the reviews but because of the hour and close proximity to Rt 90 we checked in. Bad, bad choice!

As soon as we entered the room the phone rang and Mrs Patel called telling us she undercharged us by 20 cents. A minute later she was at the door to collet the money. I wanted to give her my credit card but fished out a quarter and told her to keep the change.

This place might be considered a 'tear down' but the ground is probably unsavagable. Possibly an EPA superfund site.

Bottom line: avoid this place

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Roy129

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

We had to get off the road since it was very late - found the signs to Red Carpet - what a waste of time DIRTY DIRTY and worn down location. We only stayed since we were so tired and had to get get a few hours of sleep before more hours of driving. This place needs to be closed down and franchise removed. Our suggestion is find another hotel right away before you get to the last minute. The money we paid - I hope they pay their taxes with it and then get closed down by the board of health......Ask to see a room if you have to stay and then BEWARE

Room Tip: Room 104 I think it was was fifthy - the place is worn down and out right DIRTY sent some of the pi...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Awonderfulday

Travellers are raving about these Phelps hotels

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

We have the typical story, we arrived late, kids and wifey needed to stop, nothing else available. We would have been better sleeping in our car. The sign nailed to the front desk that read "NO REFUNDS" should have been a red flag but we went to our room #103 anyway. We immediately smelled a strong odor of bleach and amonia upon entering the room. After about 2-3 minutes I realized the entire room reaked of cat urine. The carpets were stained, it was old, the bathroom was disgusting, hairs everywhere, not clean at all. The sheets stunk. Only one of our five lamps had working light bulbs, stains everywhere, alarm clock did not work, absolutely HORRIFFIC smell of cat urine kept me up all night, which made the remaining 10 hours of our trip the next day dangerous and uncomfortable to say the least. If anyone gave this "Motel " (HOLE) more than one star review it is the owner, DO NOT STAY HERE! RUN TO THE NEXT MOTEL OR FIND ANOTHER EXIT! If my "SMART PHONE" had a signal in the parking lot I would have never stopped here if I had read the revirews. The next day I went to the front desk but there was no one there! The "Continental Breakfast" was a basket with one crushed, old nasty cheese danish and a completely empty pot of coffee, and we checked out well within the allotted time, believe me, we RAN out of there! Again, DO NOT STAY HERE! IT IS ATROCIOUS! $70 room should have been $2. I'm guessing most crackhouse motels are cleaner than this place. RUN RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN, THE RED CARPET INN IN PHELPS NY IS THE WORST MOTEL I HASVE EVER STAYED AT! AND, I WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT ANOTHER RED CARPET INN AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW UNTIL THE DAY I DIE TO NEVER STAY AT A RED CARPET INN, THE OWNERS AND ALL AFFILLIATED WITH THIS MOTEL SHOULD BE DOWNRIGHT ASHAMED! MY POOR WIFE AND BABIES, I FEEL LIKE THROWING UP JUST THINKING THAT I MADE THEM SLEEP IN THIS HELL HOLE.

Room Tip: Atrocious! Do not stay here, it is the most disgustinbg motel on the planet. Reaked of Cat Urine!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank DMSChicago_Illinois
north wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

This isn't as bad as some people have made out! Obviously when you are on a budget you don't expect the ritz, yes the place is old and could do with some renovation and extra TLC but everything was clean, the bed was very comfy the tv had lots of good channels and the air con worked well. It served our needs for one night and it was cheap too :-) good access to highway aswell

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hellensmith27
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed on a Saturday night in July 2012. I have to say, the staff were very friendly. However, this placed is old & musty. Old mouldy shower. Grey stained towels. Scary stained carpet. Found a hair in the bed which wasn't ours! Corner toilet impossible for hubby to use. Only one light bulb in room (rest were missing!). You're better off sleeping in your car.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BabsForestfish
East Palmyra, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

My girlfriend and I booked this place thru Priceline.com. When we got there they said we owed the balance of the full price. They said we just paid Priceline a commision to hold the reservation. It took us 2 hrs to find another hotel nearby. They were rude and very obnoxiuos............. do not go there!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DanielPospula
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Everything about this motel is beyond dirty. I even got bedbug bites from this place. NEVER STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank micheli53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phelps
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
The Gould Hotel
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort

Been to Red Carpet Inn Phelps? Share your experiences!