“Just a okay place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Phoenicia Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenicia
Phoenicia Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Phoenicia
michigan
“Just a okay place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

The cottage looked much smaller than was in the website photos. The bed in the bedroom was very squeeky. The bedding had strange odor that got on my pajamas.
The sound from the major road in front of the place was very loud with traffic at night.
It was near nice hiking trails and the the owner was very nice in giving detailed directions to the area.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
phoeniciavillage, Owner at Phoenicia Lodge, responded to this review, 25 June 2009
Thanks for taking the time to review our place, though of course we're sorry you didn't enjoy your time with us. Our two top priorities here are cleanliness and accurate expectations.

We recently discovered that our new front-loading washing machines have to be left open at night, and this may have been the source of the problem with your sheets. I assure you this was an isolated incident that we encountered right around the time of your stay, the problem has been resolved and of course won't recur. Truly, most of our guests compliment on our fresh-smelling linens.

Our cottages are small, and not everything is new, but they have a rustic charm that most of our guests appreciate. We try to give an accurate representation of what to expect on our website.

We rarely get comments about our road as most of our units (particularly the cottages) are set back considerably, but we do try make it clear on our website that we are not in a secluded location, and we are on a main road which can be heard at times. On the upside, we are very accessible to the best of the Catskills.

Again, thanks for taking the time, and good luck in your travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

My husband, son and I stayed in cottage #6 for 3 nights. We absolutely enjoyed our stay. This was our first time to the Catskills. The area is beautiful and we will be returning in the fall to see this place become more beautiful with the fall colors. The cottage is very cute and quite comfortable. The gas fireplace is really nice and cozy. Lots of things are provided such as cookware and tableware. Dish soap, dish sponge and garbage bags were provided also which was a surprise, I had brought these things with us. The service was impeccable. The owners Brian and Sarah are very nice and take great pride in their business. Lots of thanks go to them for giving us directions around the area and for their kindness.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Yonkers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2009

I had stayed in the Phoenicia area before, but never at the Phoenicia Village and Cottages. The room was more than adequate, in fact is was very comfortable for the 3 of us (My fiancee and our son). I look foward to another trip to the Phoenicia Village and Cottages this July and would recommend anyone looking to stay at a comfortable, hospitable place do the same.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

The Phoenicia came highly reccommended from the staff at Bellayre Mountain and for good reason. The owners are incredibly friendly and keep the place impeccably clean and well kept. My fiance and I needed basic accomodations for a weekend ski trip and found that and then some all within our budget. We will be comming back!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

I have to say I have stayed in some wondful places in my life many 5 star hotels but the cleanliness of this hotel was AMAZING. I loved this place and I loved the set up and I have even requested to come back there to celebrate my birthday because of the relaxing time we had initially. What the place lacks from what hotels offers it overwhelms with the quaintness, friendliness and I would much rather give it to this independent hardworking couple than some corporation who would never know my name. Thank you for the hard work and thank you for giving people a choice.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
south jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

we loved this cozy, wonderfully warm cabin. would go back anytime. thank you to the owners who were friendly, welcoming and insightful. fantastic

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Manahawkin new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2009

We had everything we could possibly need, as a return visitor for years I can honestly say it just keeps getting better.....keep up the good work...Sara and Brian! and thank you for the hospitality yet again.
Arlene Gray
Manahawkin NJ

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenicia
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
#2 of 3 in Woodstock
Catskill Mountain Lodge
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Palenville

Been to Phoenicia Lodge? Share your experiences!