“Everything you want in a B&B”

Pine Bush House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Pine Bush B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Not having the time to really celebrate our one year anniversary. My husband and I decided on a short weekend away. The goal was to stay as close to home as possible and just relax. An hour and a half north of our home in Bergen County NJ, with wineries and hiking all within a 1/2 hour driving distance we really couldn't go wrong. Barbra was an absolutely fabulous host, and her breakfasts were the highlight of our mini break. The room was clean and intimate, and the steam shower (although honestly a little scary at first) made rinsing down after a hard day of hiking and wine tasting an absolute pleasure. Not to mention it is within walking distance of an amazing home made ice cream stand. Yummy. If you are looking to relax and enjoy a romantic weekend in the New Paltz/Shawangunk Area make this your home base and you can't go wrong. Thanks Barbra!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Zinfandel Suite but had the opportunity to peak into the other rooms. All of them were...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaclyn D

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My boyfriend and I escaped to upstate NY for a weekend in March and we could not have been happier with Pine Bush House. An entire family had just cancelled so we lucked out with our pick of rooms. We stayed in the Zinfandel Suite which has a high victorian style bed and a steam shower (bonus!). We peeked in all the rooms and they were all gorgeous. The Cabernet and Chardonnay rooms were lovely as well and had bigger tvs if you plan to stay in a lot.
Barbara was delightful, so welcoming and sweet.
The rooms were so comfortable, clean, gorgeous and wonderful attention to detail. We felt so relaxed and taken care of. Every room even has netflix and hbogo so you can watch the latest shows and movies.
Barbara brought up an afternoon snack of lemon tarts (too sweet for us but we aren't big dessert people.)
My only "criticism" was of breakfast which was a maple bourbon pecan french toast. I should probably have mentioned that we dont eat sweet breakfast as this was sugar high inducing comma sweet, but berries were delicious anyway. Barbara asked about food preferences so next time we will tell her we would love quiche!

We visited Tuthilltown Distillery and had dinner at BrauHaus, this incredible German restaurant! You must go and get some schnitzel. Would love to come back when the weather gets nicer to do some hiking.
Definitely stay here if you are visiting the area. This was probably one of the best B & Bs I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: We loved the Zinfandel room but Cabernet and Chardonnay looked so cozy too!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank budgettravelin
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great location, great service, great food, great coffee. Pine Bush House is definitely worth the trip. We had the steam shower in our room and it was amazing. You should not worry about a thing after booking at the Pine Bush House.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColinRobina
Reviewed 6 December 2013

They only get better and better. Barbara and Mark are the wonderful people who make it happen. This is the best B&B I have ever been to and will likely ever be to, hands down. Certainly Barbara's delicious breakfasts and a great jacuzzi tub/shower don't hurt. To anyone thinking of staying there, take the chance, you won't be disappointed. I guarantee it.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Barry L
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was our first trip away since we got married, and my husband and I did a ton of research. We ended up at Pine Bush House based on Tripadvisor Reviews, and we were NOT disappointed. Our 4 year anniversary was so perfect!

We needed to arrive late in the evening, and Barbara's words to me were, "Honey, this is all about relaxing. You just get here when you get here and enjoy yourself." She then directed us to the most amazing restaurant (Mountain Brauhaus) and we arrived in Pine Bush with completely satisfied stomachs!

We walked into a GORGEOUS home draped perfectly with Christmas decor. Soft music, lighting and lemon raspberry tarts welcomed us. Our room was also staged with music and soft lighting. It truly was magical.

We stayed for two nights. Breakfast and afternoon snacks were nothing short of AMAZING. Modern amenities (wine chiller in every room, state-of-the-art coffee machine in the lobby, Apple TV in every room, and super modern showers) were just icing on the cake! Every detail was well-thought out. And did I mention the cleanliness? I'm pretty much a germ-phobe and clean freak and there wasn't a SPOT anywhere. Meticulous!!!

We felt so welcomed and never rushed or "bothered." Barbara is like the family member you look forward to seeing every holiday, and you'll find yourself hanging onto every word Mark says...he is full of knowledge and rich history! The staff (Cody and Casey? I am struggling to remember their names at the moment...sorry, ladies!) were just about as nice as could be. Loved them! We felt so at home.

Whatever Barbara recommends, DO IT. We ate the best foods at all the best restaurants. She is a genius at hitting all the best parts of places. And there is a little Stone Church in Cragsmoor that you must drive to and see the view. Spectacular. PBH is located in the most perfect of places! Wine Tasting? Check. Fabulous Restaurants? Check. Hiking? Check. Breathtaking Views? Check. Relaxing Spas? Check. Cute Towns? Check. Antiques? Check. There is something for everyone! (And beware of the deer while driving!)

We were so sad to leave. While we were there, we toured all the other rooms (we stayed in the Zinfandel Suite) and they are all gorgeous.

Mark and Barbara have gone to every length to make their home a modern yet charming place where every heart can find rest, laughter and love. We are so looking forward to returning.

A sign adorns the eating parlor: "Enter as strangers, leave as friends." I think that sums it up very well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great! Each one has a little something different/extra, so read the website to fin...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DTKT2009
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Pine Bush House last weekend with dear friends. Innkeeper Barbara was charming and gracious. The bedding was luxurious and the bed comfortable and, while it is a Victorian that the innkeepers have decorated beautifully, it is not "too precious," every modern convenience has been thoughtfully provided. Our various food allergies were accommodated without making us feel that we were inconveniencing her or being short changed because of the ingredients we couldn't have. Breakfast Sunday morning was so delicious that we ate more than we really had room for.

This B&B is only 15 minutes from the Magnanini winery we visited on Saturday evening.

We would absolutely stay at Pine Bush House again and will recommend it to anyone who will listen.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have an ensuite bathroom, though no one shares a bathroom with another. Our bathroom...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I will start off by stating on the way home from our 2 nights at the Pine Bush House my wife & I were already plotting how soon we could get back for another visit. You will pretty much realize after being in this B&B for about 5 minutes you picked the right place. The owners Barbara & Mark manage to toe that line of somehow being there when you need them but not being in your face all the time. They couldn’t be friendlier, but it’s not too much either. They are so helpful & can answer all your questions without it being over load. They recommended 2 places to eat, which we both enjoyed each dinner. Mark gave us great tips on Lake Minnewaska State Park & Barbara shared some winery tips. They truly love what they do & it shows.

I am not a huge B&B type of guy but this by far the best one I have been to. The rooms are nice & comfortable & the house is beautiful. Everything is very clean. The technology that has been seamlessly incorporated into the house is great without ruining the feel of the house. The cookies each afternoon were a great treat & both our breakfasts were very tasty. We loved the area & yes you have to sometimes drive 20-30 minutes to some of the wineries, parks or restaurants but there are also nearby wineries & restaurants as well. We didn’t try any of the walking distance restaurants but we heard other guests raving about the vegetarian one. The Stoney Brae Pub is where we went one night & that one was maybe only 10-15 minutes away. I forget the name of the Italian restaurant but that was good as well but was maybe 20 minutes away. Over the last several years we have done weekend getaways to Connecticut, Lambertville(New Hope), Spring Lake, Atlantic City & Pine Bush was our favorite. Yes we loved the wineries, State Parks, biking, & the restaurants but the Pine Bush House made it all come together for us & we will definitely be back. On a side note their website is a wealth of information. Make sure you click on their things to do section after you view the rest of the site.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Pine Bush House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!