“No Sense of Customer Services.”
Review of Harvest Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pine Bush
Harvest Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pine Bush
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Harvest Inn has a lot to learn about customer service.

The manager communicated a policy of not releasing rooms to potential customers who are in need of a room; in lieu of keeping a cancelled room empty and keeping the deposit from the guest who no-showed. The desk clerk communicated its too hard.

Additionally, their policy of demanding check-out at 11:00am; is unreasonable when there is no guest waiting for the room - and they threaten to call police, despite NY being a squatters right state, if you request an extension of an hour.

There are many hotels within 20 miles who know how to say, YES I CAN HELP YOU!

Choose those and let this mom and pop go out of business.

Room Tip: Get a room with working plumbing!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sidney J
There are newer reviews for Harvest Inn Motel

Reviewed 12 April 2013

The Harvest Inn doesn't abound with luxuries. But it's clean and the employees radiate trustworthiness. Isn't that all you need? When I'm on vacation, I don't need a place to keep me entertained - my "vacation" does that. I need a clean place to lay my head, a hot shower and to feel secure that the maid won't steal my stuff while I'm gone. Done and done. Other reviewers talk about how the place has been renovated. I don't know if we were in one of those suites. There was some rust on the metal door frame in our bathroom. But rust doesn't equal dirty, it just means the place has been around for a while. We had an issue with our heater making too much noise one night. The local contractor they called in to fix the swapped out the unit completely with a quieter one when he realized that he would not be able to fix it that same day. Even the contractor provided great customer service!

I love the fact that they hand you real keys for the rooms and the outer door. Some people will think that's "old-fashioned," but I'm that odd person who gets excited over real metal keys in hotels. I love that there is a feeling of history about the place.

The only thing I would change or update about the rooms would be to add more light. I thought they did a great job at providing enough places to plug into our various electronic devices - even better than many business hotels I've been to. But I can't figure out why no hotel/motel ever has an overhead light. Side lamps are never enough for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Horsenbuggy
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

The motel is small but very clean. Service is friendly and attentive. Recently renovated. Directly across the street from the cup and saucer diner. Coffee and juice is served in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Plumberandy
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We were traveling with another couple with two small children. Stayed two nights and could not have stayed at a better place for our purposes. We just needed a comfortable place to sleep with coffee and juice in the morning and a helpful and pleasant staff. Plenty of dining options within 20 minutes of the hotel. Our room was very clean and no smells. The front desk was very helpful. We will definintely be back.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank STGVirginia
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. For price and quality. We were with a bus tour and there were some places that were questionable? There is always two sides to a coin. If you have an issue, get it resolved. This is from a person who works as a night manager in a hotel. The two young women at the desk, welcomed us with warm smiles and were very helpful. They were very efficent in getting us through and to our rooms. THe property, meaning the grounds were clean, there was plenty of space to park. Having come from a poor Days Inn. This was a step above. Or what the Days Inn should have offered. Clean comfortable rooms. We were not there for any views, other that to see the fall colors. The decore in the rooms is comforting. THe lobby is very bright and comforting. Being that you are in a rural area it is quiet. THe driveway is longer, so that you are not ontop of the hwy it self. A clean room with two comforatable beds. There is a restaurant attached, we chose to use a diner across the street. They have a very nice gift shop.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norman A
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Very Clean and Welcoming after a long day of walking and driving. The room we had was so clean ang smells clean.. all amenities that you expect at a hotel is present here. the Bathroom toilet is sealed with a ribbon that says its been sanitized..that alone is an assurance that we are going to have a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Room service, We never needed because it has everything inside already. Fitness center: We have no...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DoriJ54088
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I have to agree with some of the reviews that this is a very dated hotel. The management should really consider giving it some desperately needed renovations. The carpet smelled in our room, and everything had a very damp smell to it. The bathroom is in terrible shape, they need to paint at the very least. The bedding is very light, just sheets. The air conditioner was very loud and we were on the ground floor.
The rate for the hotel was good and the girl I booked with on the phone was very friendly, but as for the staff when I got to the hotel, they were probably the least friendliest staff I dealt with during my entire NYC vacation. Management really needs to do a staff review.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Gardiner
Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport

Been to Harvest Inn Motel? Share your experiences!