“Lovely B&B; Luxurious Bath; Delicious Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rufus Tanner House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine City
Rufus Tanner House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Pine City B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Lovely B&B; Luxurious Bath; Delicious Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

This B&B is run by a great couple, he of the meticulous and welcoming demeanor and she of the great story-telling when prompted. The morning biscuits were melt-in-your mouth and the French toast was wonderful. The jams and honey offered were exceptionally good. If you like strong coffee, use the machine--it's got expresso-type K-cups, the perked coffee is a little weak. The bathroom in our room had a huge jacuzzi-type tub and a spacious double shower. The room was large and comfy. We do prefer softer pillows and the bed was very firm--granted we're used to a Tempurpedic. The house is furnished with wonderful antiques, beautifully restored, and the common areas are extremely comfortable. If you like to roam the grounds, including the small apple grove in Summer, bring bug repellent--the skeeters leave a vicious bite. We may go back in the Winter. Our hosts give accurate and helpful printed directions that we used to visit Corning and eat in Elmira.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fryeburg, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

My daughter graduated from Elmira College this past weekend. I shed a few tears at the Candlelight Ceremony and at the graduation itself. I also had to fight back tears as said goodby to my friend, Donna and Rick, for (hopefully not) the last time. I have frequented the Rufus Tanner House many times since our first visit 5 1/2 years ago during my daughter's college search. I've stayed in every room, and have relished each 3-course breakfast, ever grateful for the respite afforded by this comfortable, peaceful, home away from home. I've met marathoners, wine tasters, and passers-by. The Rufus Tanner House was my sanctuary when visiting my college coed. Now, it is my destination location, and I look forward to my return!

Room Tip: The Victorian Cottage Room has an antique fold-down bed that my daughter would regularly nap in. I...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank debdenliz
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

This review is 4 months late and to Donna I apologize. My wife and I stayed at this bed and breakfast back in mid October and again between Christmas and New Years and all we can say is wow!! Pretty much out in the boonies but thats what we were looking for. Peaceful and quiet. Beds are huge and comfy. Lots of antiques. Breakfasts were outstanding and had a great time playing with the dog (cant remember her name) and Dusty the cat. Only a couple of miles from the PA border and close to the Finger Lakes and the Corning Museum of Glass. Games for the family and lots of books to read by the fireplace in the living room. Trust me and just go and stay. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

What a lovely place to stay. Our room was beautiful.. The setting was pretty. The breakfast was delicious--especially the eggs and homemade tea breads. The innkeepers were very friendly and provided extra snacks, soda and ice cold bottled water.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Guffey1993
Amherst, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

Stayed here on our first night of a 8000 mile trip. Was hard to find, but my own fault. Forgot the instructions the owners emailed. It was a nice, cozy B&B. Donna, the hostess even shared her birthday "bread" with us at breakfast! Great recommendations for dinner also. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

We made a one night stop at the Rufus Tanner House on our way to Niagra Falls. It was a nice cozy place to stay. The breakfast was very good and Donna was gracious enough to give me acouple of the recipes. It reminded me of staying at my grandmothers farm when I was younger.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We enjoyed our weekend, which was well off the beaten path. The house was very clean and welcoming. Plenty of room to relax...Great porch and sitting areas. Hot tub was a plus. Lovely breakfast each morning.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine City
Staybridge Suites Corning

Been to Rufus Tanner House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!