I had a 50/50 experience at Birchcreekretreat in Costa Rica.
Here is what I was not happy about:
1.Location not as described( very difficult beach access). The resort is really hard to find as there were no signs at the road with the name of the place( I'm still not sure of the correct name. Birchcreek?Sunset? Who knows?)
2.Accommodations ( broken shower, no hot water for days, toilet not flushing properly, cheep bedding, lumpy pillows, no toiletries provided).
3. Maid service ( several times there were no beach towels left in the room, trash was not picked up).
4. Trip to the waterfalls ( very disappointing since there were no waterfalls due to the dry season, very difficult and unsafe access to the location).
5. Lecture on Juicing was very disappointing. It was via Internet and the quality of the reception was awful. The guests could hardly understand what the lecturer was saying. And it felt like he was not open to other people opinions and almost insulting talking about healthcare providers. Some of the lectures listed on our schedule never took place, some started late.
6. There was absolutely nothing to do at the resort in the evening time since it's up on the hill and very isolated from everything.
Don't get me wrong, the place has a lot of charm and potential. With only some minor changes it could be so much better. The beach was absolutely beautiful! Ziplining/ tubing/ horsebackriding trip was awesome! All the trainers ( Kyle, Matt, Sean) and "juice" ladies Daniella and Loni were very good at what they do and very supportive. The manager on site Amanda was super nice and very helpful. I am very thankful to all of them. I got very good results loosing weight and getting my energy back and that is what matters the most, but I wish I did not have all that negative stuff to deal with. I did not expect to find a luxury hotel there, but I would expect better conditions considering the price I paid. If you go there be prepared to work hard and make a lot of adjustments to your daily routine. You will definitely get good results if you try hard. Juicing works!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rapid Aggressive Weight Loss, Juice Fasting, High Octane Food Plan, Detox and Cleanse, Fitness Restoration, Stress Relief, Behavior Modification, Highly Individualized with a High staff to client ratio. Experience the Jump Start that comes from success! The Jump Start Weight Loss Program offers: Structured daily schedule, Jump Start's signature 'High Octane' low calorie juices and meals, Health and Weight Loss seminars and workshops and permanent lifestyle changes. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Birchcreek Retreat Hotel Pine Hill
- Jump Start New York Pine Hill