“Improve your health while enjoying a beautiful country”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Hill
Jump Start New York
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My daughters saw an ad for Birchcreek in Costa Rica and we decided to try a healthful vacation for a change. This program is totally different than anything we had ever experienced. We had juice three times a day, and surprisingly we did not feel hungry. You can decide what level of exercising you want to participate in. We did the power program which kept us busy exercising all morning and allowed time in the afternoon to go into town to visit the unique shops or to the beach. We also enjoyed a fabulous adventure tour which included zip-lining, horseback riding, tubing and natural hot springs. All the staff at Birchcreek are very nice and accommodating. The trainers are awesome and customize the level of exercise based on your ability. All the guests were very supportive which made the entire experience more enjoyable. The seminars were very informative and eye opening. You will come away with a whole new approach to healthy eating. We all lost weight and were pleased with our results. We have continued the healthy eating habits we learned at Birchcreek!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanette S
There are newer reviews for Jump Start New York

Reviewed 10 June 2013

For those seeking to healthfully take off weight and learn how to keep it off, Birchcreek Retreat at Pine Hill is the retreat for you. I was there for just under two weeks and not only lost weight, but came away educated on how to eat in a way that will makes me stronger, fitter, more energized, helps the body heal, and which isn't merely centered on 'dieting.' I witnessed people losing inches in just days by way of the program's detox juicing and was amazed by the difference I felt in my own body in a short time. Add to that the quaint surroundings of Pine Hill, plush terrain of the NY Catskills, comfy accommodations, and a caring, supportive, informed and encouraging team of trainers and staff, you literally can't help but grow well. A quality retreat and effective weight loss program, Highly recommended to those seeking rest, wellness and self-restoration. Birchcreek will amaze!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tranquil t
Reviewed 2 June 2013

If you are serious about your health or weight loss this retreat is for you. Let me preface this, by telling you, I did the pure and simple program, not the power program. This means I worked out on my own, or could have gone on the morning 1.5 hour hike. I enjoyed the juices, my big room and the staff. I have a lot of health and food allergies and the staff were very attune to my needs, when they could have been annoyed, I needed separate juices and smoothies. I hit a health wall, because of the detox and the heat one day, and the staff were very motherly taking caring of me. I really appreciated it and recovered well afterward. Birchcreek is known to have specials, so just ask. Sophia the owner of this retreat, in Pine Hill, New York was fantastic, sweet, funny and everyone loved her. Same can be said about the trainers and Vivian and Aleska, who make the juices and salads. Whatever the reason for your visit here, you are making the right decision.

3  Thank 271Ariel
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I went to birchcreek to focus on making my body healthier. I was there for 2 weeks and I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere and ended up staying an extra week. I dropped 15 lbs while I was there and my weight is still coming off. I have 20 more lbs to go and I know I can do it and I want to personally thank them for the motivation and support for getting me back on track. If you are wanting to be healthier and get into shape this place is for you, but don't look at it as a fancy place to be, this place is nice to stay at. But you are not here for the accommodations you are here to work on your body and self. Plus costa rica is a beautiful place to be and see, no one needs to be indoors all day.:) if you decide to come here and are determined to create a new lifestyle then you will not regret it. It was the best choice I ever made when it came to making my body healthier.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Traci L
Reviewed 19 May 2013

To completely focus on yourself is a luxury. When I decided make a positive life change I knew I would need guidance and support. That is exactly what I received and so much more. The location in Costa Rica is remote and absolutely lovely. Everyday I envied myself for the beautiful, lush, hypnotic scenery. I lost weight, learned how understand and how to control my negative eating habits. I tried something new (juicing)in a wonderful, positive, supportive environment. I learned with Ron how to control myself using and understanding my brain and my triggers. With Julie I have guidance, wisdom, strategies and support for my home life. The staff was helpful, efficient, fun-loving, patient, organized and just
wonderful . I had a positive experience and loved my stay at Jump Start Costa Rica.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Rachely1212
Reviewed 13 May 2013

birchcreek was just what i needed - beautiful grounds, beautiful weather, peaceful surroundings; helpful, friendly staff
nutritious and satisfying drinks
comfortable room
interesting nearby towns - history and architecture

i did not take much advantage of gym or spa opportunities except for one fabulous massage

2  Thank kathleen t
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have made 5 separate trips to Birchcreet for a total of 33 days and have lost a total (and maintained) of 33 pounds. I am a 46 year old business owner and arrived at Birchcreek last September at a weight of 199 pounds. My goal to lose 40 pounds will be achieved at the end of my next stay in two weeks. My movivation - my doctor said I needed to lose weight or die young and when I saw myself in pictures I did not like what I saw. The facility is a beautiful country house in the fantastic Catskill Mountains. The diet of Juice is tasty, no steak dinner, but that is not how one losses weight. The staff are ready to assist guests in any way possible and when a guest needs an accomadation the staff does so upon request. One of the best surprises was the other guests - since guests come and go I have probably met over 50 different people in stays - as a group - nice, interesting and easy to get along with from a variety of backgrounds. If someone wants to lose weight in an enjoyable atmosphere surrounded by trained staff with others who are trying to do the same - Birchcreek is the place for you!

2  Thank Russ M
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#1 of 2 in Big Indian
Gateway Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Been to Jump Start New York? Share your experiences!