“BEST THING I EVER DID”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Hill
Jump Start New York
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My stay was nothing short of wonderful and miraculous. I literally have been trying and failing for 17 yrs. at weight loss. I've been to the fancy shmancy super elite expensive places. Jumpstart doesn't mess around. They know how to get results. A different professional trainer every day, with a caring, knowledgeable and kind staff. Smaller is better, with individualized consideration. Almost daily webinar/seminars are 'nuts and bolts' NO NONSENSE . I would go back in a second. P.S. Acommodations are charming and more than adequate/ This was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I gave up a fancy Cabo San Lucas trip for this. It was the better choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Ella D
There are newer reviews for Jump Start New York

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Just Do it. Stop thinking about it and make a decision already, you will be glad you did. I am a healthy guy and didn't really have much weight to lose starting out as I was 186 pounds at a height of 5'10. After 7 days I was 8 pounds lighter at 178 so this was more about cleansing for me than losing weight. After the 7 days I felt like a million bucks. I felt as if my hearing and sight had improved. I recommend Juice Fasting to people all the time but it can be tough when you do it alone at home or around bad influences of friends that are eating cheeseburgers and drinking beer. It was so nice to just spend a week in peaceful beauty the Costa Rica retreat. We worked out hard and enjoyed the hammocks or the pool when we could. They take you on nice walks where you can see monkeys and other interesting animals. Its fun, healthy and relaxing all in one. Because of Birchcreek I have adapted a much healthier way of life and I am excited to be the best I can be!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kurt Y
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I've been back a week from Costa Rica Birchcreek which was the best thing I ever did for myself. This place is on the non commercial side, a secluded retreat away from everything, close to a secluded beach with scenic views. This place is for those who truly want to change their eating habits and detox. This is not a resort luxury hotel on the beach with lots of shopping (there are excursions you can take if you want). This small retreat is led by Julie and Ron who are passionate about living a healthy lifestyle and teaching it to others. 10 days of juicing and rigorous exercise allowed me lose 13 lbs and I continue to live this program. I Also did some relaxing on the beach, hiking and horseback riding through pasture and forests. A lot of scenic green country to see with monkeys, cows and animals all around you. I am loving my new way of eating and thinking thanks to Julie, Ron and the wonderful staff they have. Not having a vacation in 5 years, I wanted everything. This place was everything I could want, a vacation, plus detox, plus adventure plus so much more. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Jodi S
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Birchcreek Costa Rica is a gem amid tropical beauty. You will lose weight, you will exercise, you will rest and recuperate, and you will have fun! Most importantly, you will learn food facts you never knew. Caring and compassionate staff, excellent spa treatments, clean and cozy accommodations, opportunities for touring and excursions - all here. Look no further - this program works! I lost 14 lbs in 13 days!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ELNYC123
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My daughters saw an ad for Birchcreek in Costa Rica and we decided to try a healthful vacation for a change. This program is totally different than anything we had ever experienced. We had juice three times a day, and surprisingly we did not feel hungry. You can decide what level of exercising you want to participate in. We did the power program which kept us busy exercising all morning and allowed time in the afternoon to go into town to visit the unique shops or to the beach. We also enjoyed a fabulous adventure tour which included zip-lining, horseback riding, tubing and natural hot springs. All the staff at Birchcreek are very nice and accommodating. The trainers are awesome and customize the level of exercise based on your ability. All the guests were very supportive which made the entire experience more enjoyable. The seminars were very informative and eye opening. You will come away with a whole new approach to healthy eating. We all lost weight and were pleased with our results. We have continued the healthy eating habits we learned at Birchcreek!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanette S
Reviewed 10 June 2013

For those seeking to healthfully take off weight and learn how to keep it off, Birchcreek Retreat at Pine Hill is the retreat for you. I was there for just under two weeks and not only lost weight, but came away educated on how to eat in a way that will makes me stronger, fitter, more energized, helps the body heal, and which isn't merely centered on 'dieting.' I witnessed people losing inches in just days by way of the program's detox juicing and was amazed by the difference I felt in my own body in a short time. Add to that the quaint surroundings of Pine Hill, plush terrain of the NY Catskills, comfy accommodations, and a caring, supportive, informed and encouraging team of trainers and staff, you literally can't help but grow well. A quality retreat and effective weight loss program, Highly recommended to those seeking rest, wellness and self-restoration. Birchcreek will amaze!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tranquil t
Reviewed 2 June 2013

If you are serious about your health or weight loss this retreat is for you. Let me preface this, by telling you, I did the pure and simple program, not the power program. This means I worked out on my own, or could have gone on the morning 1.5 hour hike. I enjoyed the juices, my big room and the staff. I have a lot of health and food allergies and the staff were very attune to my needs, when they could have been annoyed, I needed separate juices and smoothies. I hit a health wall, because of the detox and the heat one day, and the staff were very motherly taking caring of me. I really appreciated it and recovered well afterward. Birchcreek is known to have specials, so just ask. Sophia the owner of this retreat, in Pine Hill, New York was fantastic, sweet, funny and everyone loved her. Same can be said about the trainers and Vivian and Aleska, who make the juices and salads. Whatever the reason for your visit here, you are making the right decision.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Margaretville Mountain Inn
Margaretville Mountain Inn
#1 of 2 in Margaretville
Gateway Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Been to Jump Start New York? Share your experiences!