Colonial Inn(Pine Hill)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$116
  • Restaurant
The Wheelhouse Inn(Pine Hill)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$105
US$99
Belleayre Lodge(Pine Hill)
Agoda.com
All reviewslife changinglose weightron and julielost lbsbirch creekexercise classesde stressco workerssurrounded by naturejuices and smoothiesjunk foodlearned howstretch classescertain foodsb and bher husbandcanyon ranch
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Jump Start is a great place with human/professional attention, very good staff serving the satisfaction of customers, the environment is paradise itself, and the learning lesson is priceless.
Julie and Ron have the magic I needed to learn so much about how little I knew about food and much more else.

Room Tip: Follow Julie suggestions, she knows best
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I wanted to get a head start on my health, eat better and drop some weight. This was the place for me! It’s tucked back in a residential area of the Catskills. If you follow the directions they provide, it’s easy to find. The location is an old Summer house converted to a B&B style place. Julie and Ron, the owners, are great. More practical than our when it comes to juicing, which I can appreciate. The program is easy, juice juice, snack and more juice. I thought I’d be starving but I wasn’t at all. I did suffer from caffeine withdrawal but that’s my fault for not weening myself off earlier. Not only do you feel better but you learn why you feel better. Take Ron’s kitchen workshop on nutrition and health. Better yet, read his book.

There are exercise classes available which are optional. It was nice to get out and walk and do some yoga and stretching, but I’ll admit I didn’t do it each day. After a few days I dropped about four pounds and left with some great knowledge about juicing, health and nutrition. I’ve kept it up a week later and dropped eight pounds. Ten to go! I would go back just to reset and relax and enjoy the company.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
JumpstartRetreat, Owner at Jump Start New York, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Good job! So glad you're keeping it up!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

First of all, drove around for about 1 hour looking for it. Pulled into 3 separate properties inquiring about this location. Google maps couldn't find it either, and the data reception up there isn't great.
I kept trying to call their number on my reservation form but the mobile reception up there was terrible too. I could get thru a few times, but the mobile number on the property owner's end would say the number was not in order.
When I did finally locate the property, it was late, my kids were tired as was I. The property manager came down and told us that she had to cancel all reservations as a pipe had frozen and burst over a week ago. She claimed that Expedia contacted all reservations and handled cancellations.

I booked thru VRBO, which is owned by Expedia. I made my reservation a month prior. I had not been contacted by anybody at VRBO about this last minute cancellation by the owner. However, it is curious that the owner and property manager expected an online vendor to facilitate all direct communications with potential clientele. There was apparently no effort to get confirmation that all guests received the cancellation. And I sure didn't get my refund until over a week later.

The number listed on my reservation was for an off-site owner. The onsite property manager was using a different number. Pretty unprofessional broken chain for communication.

Luckily, one of the first mistaken properties I had pulled up to offered me and the kids a room if things didn't work out at 123 Birch Creek Road, Pine Hill, NY. I guess they are used to this sort of thing. Gateway Lodge saved the day and the kids loved it there.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I have waited several weeks before posting my review of the Jumpstart program because I wanted to have a full perspective of the experience.
I know that the term "life-changing" can sound like a cliche but I lost 7 lbs during the 5 days (4 nights) and lost more weight since then which I have managed to keep off. My loss was apparently on the high end for women (but I do know a few lbs was due to water weight from flights). I was amazed that I was not hungry or weak during the time and that it was not unpleasant (unlike the pre-packaged juice fasts I attempted and failed at). I was very satisfied drinking their fresh juices, a daily smoothie and tons of water and herbal teas. We were encouraged to join the daily walk, lectures and light exercise classes/stretch classes. Julie and Ron promoted their clean lifestyle without ramming it down our throats. Yes - I still eat meat but much less and way more vegetables!!! The secluded environment is initially extremely intimidating, especially when you briefly lose cell service on your drive to it. It is an isolated environment in the Catskills and, if you took the bus like I did which was actually very pleasant, there is no junk food within walking distance. The accommodations are great - it is a bed & breakfast type of place and is very cozy. It worked for me because I have not lost weight at Canyon Ranch Tucson (4x) nor the Doral (2x) but I have here. I read the cranky reviews complaining about torn carpeting etc. before I booked and I am glad it did not deter me. The only potential downside, which is also one of the greatest strengths of Jumpstart, is the size. When I was there we averaged around 6/7 people. If you have a good group - this is fabulous since you are all sticking together and you don't feel alone in your quest to lose weight and modify bad habits. But one bad apple could make your stay somewhat unbearable (but you can always hide in your room). Unlike Canyon Ranch, there were also some men who were staying there, so men should not be hesitant about attending; this is not just a chick thing. Initially I was surprised by how many people I met who were repeat guests - I wondered if the program was a failure because so many were still trying to lose weight. But then I realized that this is a journey and not a quick fix. If you fix your car, you will still need to get it serviced in the future. Likewise - I cannot wait until my next trip to Jumpstart since it will help me get down to a new lower weight and will keep me inspired.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Marion C
JumpstartRetreat, Owner at Jump Start New York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you!! We are so glad you have continued to lose at home. At the end of the day - that's what makes Jump Start a success story!

Best of luck and keep it going!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I spent 6 days at Jump Start and absolutely loved it! I lead a very busy high stress life and this was the perfect way to detox, de-stress, and get a great jump on weight loss. I was able to stay on the program when I got home and gave now lost ten pounds in ten days. More importantly, I feel stronger and younger than I have in years! Julie was fantastic at encouraging me to stretch myself. I couldn't be happier with how I spent that time and money!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo