“A quiet & peaceful enclave”
Review of Belleayre Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Hill
Belleayre Lodge
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Belleayre Lodge consists of a dozen comfortable, clean, neat and economical cabins arranged around a grassy open area, and tucked away on a low rise just 300 feet behind Main Street in the hamlet of Pine Hill. Most of the cabins have fully-stocked kitchens and outdoor gas barbecue grills. Dan, the manager, is very nice and accommodating--contrary to some of the ill-tempered comments on this site. I do recommend that you call Dan beforehand to confirm the hour of your arrival.

Pine Hill itself is quaint, quiet, peaceful, and tiny—consisting of a post office, bookstore, library, historical museum, and two small hotels (both with bars). One of the hotels--the Pine Hill Arms--has a very nice restaurant (check ahead for open days). Directly from town one can access several state hiking trails that will take you to the top of Belleayre Mountain and deep into the forests of the Catskills State Park. Out on Route 28, and 1/2 a mile from the Lodge, there is a wonderful all-in-one general store, grandiosely named the "Belleayre Plaza Shopping Center," which contains a grocery, luncheonette, liquor and general store, gas station, laundromat, and Trailways bus stop!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ShadowOfBucephalus

Reviewed 28 May 2012

A few friends and myself went up to Pine Hill for a weekend getaway from the City and had a great time.
We arrived at the lodge and were surprised just how cute it was. They have a fire-pit in the middle with seating and grass. This would be a perfect place to go for a reunion or family or a lot of friends. It reminds me of camping with proper housing lol.
I will go back with a lot of friends so everyone can have their own cabin and we can all hangout by the fire-pit and have a great time.
It's like camp for adults.

Our cabin was two bedrooms with a cute kitchen and fireplace.
I slept in the room with bunk-beds and the mattress was very comfortable.
The kitchen was super clean and so was the bathroom.
We went for a hike on saturday up a mountain, can't remember the name but it was a lot of fun. It took us 2 hours to go up and 2 hours to come down and by the end my legs were shot. (A good workout for sure) The view at the top of the mountain was amazing and we all had a lot of fun.

We didn't have any problems with Dan like the other reviews so maybe that was just a fluke.

We had dinner at a restaurant across the street from the lodge and it was very good, can't remember the name.

When we left on sunday we drove through Woodstock and had lunch there and that was just a really nice ending to a great weekend.

I would definitely go back to the lodge and next time i'll take my 4 year old son with me. He would love it there!

Oh, they have a recreational room with pool table and pingpong. That was a nice surprise. Again, like camp but for adults :)

Room Tip: We had the cabin next to barbecue. Very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Camie G
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Decided to take a weekend getaway from the City and do a little skiing, and chose Belleayre as they're less crowded than Hunter. Now I understand it's been a very warm winter, but there was absolutely no snow on the ground anywhere in Pine Hill, and the only snow that Belleayre mountain had was man-made. So, fair warning if you're coming up for skiing.

As far as this "cabin" goes, it's a rustic and extremely dated. We saw a few bugs, there was mold and peeling wall paper and no sink in the bathroom. Not to mention the Inn Keeper was not very friendly. I called to let them know we would be arriving late, as their website states, and was told the porch light for my cabin would be left on. Whatever happened to just leaving the keys under the mat? I had to send my boyfriend in when we arrived as I was afraid someone could have been in there since the place was left unlocked. After arriving late on Friday evening, we crashed and got up early to ski. After coming back exhausted from a day of skiing, I just couldn't relax there and decided to head home early. They have a two night minimum, so payment was already set, but I just couldn't stay any longer. It felt dirty and there was an overwhelming smell of air freshener.

Another note about Pine Hill, there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING around. No restaurants, bars, anything. I wanted a getaway but this was too secluded. Had we not gotten fast food on the way up, I would not have eaten that night. And while their kitchens are stocked, they don't have microwaves, so I couldn't even heat up my food. If you like camping, then you may like this establishment, but if not then you'll probably find yourself leaving early like we did.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank petfriendlytravels
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Me and my friends supposed to come there for 2 days to have a great time and we were so excited to go.So I was trying to confirm the reservation and get some information.But nobody ever picks up the phone...But after a while Dan picked up ,but in the middle of conversation he just hang up the phone!Then I emailed them and he said he didn't even have to
Pick up the phone cause he was late to family dinner!What kind of hospitality service is that..He answered my questions tho ,in fact in very rude manner.Anyway I closed my eyes and didn't say anything because I didn't want to mess up my mood before the trip.The last night before the day we supposed to go there Dan sent me an email saying that "he spoke to the boss and decided that their place in not for us and they cancelled my reservation"How rediculous is that?!I was so panic,cause we all were ready to go,it was like just few hours left.
And now I'm so thankful for all that mess:))))Cause the same night we found a wonderful huge house ,way better than what we were going to get at the place mentioned above))So the very next morning were already at this wonderful place.And it's just amazing!
So happy we didn't go to "belleayre lodge and cabins"

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Definitely N
BelleayreLodge, Manager at Belleayre Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

As the new innkeepers of Belleayre Lodge & Cabins, it breaks our hearts to read your review. We’d like to announce that the old innkeeper, Dan, is no longer working here. There are many exciting projects in the works for this property and we hope that you check out our new website and Facebook pages for more details to come! If you find your way to our neck of the woods we hope that you give us another try. We’d love to take care of you! -Amanda & Joe, Innkeepers of Belleayre Lodge & Cabins

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My sister and I and our dog were very excited to have a getaway at the lodge, unfortunately were unable to even check in! I booked the cabin, paid my deposit, and even e-mailed back and forth with Dan, the owner, regarding details of the cabin to know what to bring. However when we arrived at 1:45pm on the day of our reservation there was not a single person at the property. It looked deserted! We made numerous phone calls over the next 2 hours trying to gain access to the cabin we had already paid for with no response. We finally decided to try to find another cabin and had to travel to Hunter, NY. It is a good thing we did, no one returned my call until 7:15pm in the evening. It has been 5 days and I am still trying to get someone to answer the phone or an email regarding a refund of the deposit!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank srkcrk

Reviewed 19 February 2010

We were excited to stay at the Belleayre Lodge and Cabins. I fired off an email to Dan the Innkeeper and he confirmed that there was space available on the weekend we wanted.

Phone calls followed, reservations were made, a deposit was given. But then Dan called up two weeks before our trip asking where we were. Turns out he booked us two weeks early and insisted it was our fault -- despite the fact that we had emails showing the dates we requested. He wouldn't rebook us for the correct weekend because he was so upset.

So, I think we would have liked the Belleayre Lodge and Cabins, but we learned a lesson that a confirmation email is a really good thing for both the customer and the business. In this case, Dan the Innkeeper got his dates switched and we suffered.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TDYguy

Reviewed 29 January 2010

Like the other reviewers, it was my first time at Belleayre lodge, and I loved it. I stayed with friends at the large cabin on top of the hill. It was great! we cooked outside on the grill (even in the freezing cold) and warmed ourselves with hot cocoa by the gas fired fireplace in the cabin. It was like having your own ski condo without the hassles. Less than 5 minutes from the mountain, and feels like a world away from NYC! Great time!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#1 of 2 in Big Indian
Pine Hill Arms Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Belleayre Lodge? Share your experiences!