“Great Place to Stay”
Review of Belleayre Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Hill
Belleayre Lodge
Jackson, New Jersey
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My wife, twin 5 year old boys and 9 year old boys spent the past Saturday and Sunday nights in Cabin 6 (a two bedroom cabin with a kitchen, bathroom, living/dining room, enclosed porch and wrap around porch). Amanda and Joe were very communicative during the reservation and check-in process and extremely pleasant to be around. The cabin was clean and cozy. It suited our needs and offered the boys a little bit of an adventure as we were tucked into the mountain at the back edge of the other cabins. My family is looking forward to staying with Amanda and Joe again and will be bringing additional family members so that we can all enjoy a weekend together!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tim C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Blauvelt, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have been staying at Belleayre Lodge for 3 years now. Although I am sure Dan is a nice person, he lacked the warmth and hospitality needed for the job.
I am happy to report that the lodge's new Inn Keepers Joe and Amanda are terrific. The Cabin was clean, modern and rustic all at the same time!!! Joe made sure our group was comfortable and that we had what we needed. As usual, he made a great fire in the ring each evening. The food at the restaurants is excellant and the Ski Hill is a short drive.

Room Tip: The cabins are terrific, especially for a large family or friends.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Michael H
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This place was the perfect retreat away from the noise of the city. My family and friends decided on a weekend getaway and chose cabin 6. It was spacious and yet had that cosy feel that we wanted.There was a flat screen TV (which we didn't need), a kitchen with utensils and proper heating.

Amanda and Joe were so friendly and helpful and we knew that they took a lot of pride in caring for the cabin. We would definitely be going there during the summer. Can't wait to get a bar-b-que going there.

Advise: Carry food or cook. We found one good restaurant nearby ( The Pine Hill Arms).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2013

You can tell the owner takes pride in his property because everything here was very well maintained. First, our cabin had a flat screen TV with a DVD player! The kitchen was equipped with everything you need, down to the electric can opener. The cabin looked new, and very clean. No "old" stench here. But here's the real kicker, the place has WIFI, and it really works! Now I know we all like to "get away" from it all, but let's be real, it's nice to leisurely surf the web when on vacation. We were impressed that each cabin has it's own gas grill, no need to wait for one to open. There is a big fire pit in the center of the property, which gives it a country feel. One negative thing is that our cabin had little direct sunlight, so we had to keep the door open to get extra light. There are cabins that are better positioned for more light. Also, this town is VERY close to a the Belleayre Beach, which is better than any pool can be in this area (for kids at least). Overall, we had a great experience. Kudos to Dan for being helpful. One note, the only close place to get basic groceries is a roadside general store/gas station that has almost no fresh produce and closes early. Stock up on what you need and don't wait till too late to do a store run.

Room Tip: ask for room with good sunlight
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Belleayre Lodge consists of a dozen comfortable, clean, neat and economical cabins arranged around a grassy open area, and tucked away on a low rise just 300 feet behind Main Street in the hamlet of Pine Hill. Most of the cabins have fully-stocked kitchens and outdoor gas barbecue grills. Dan, the manager, is very nice and accommodating--contrary to some of the ill-tempered comments on this site. I do recommend that you call Dan beforehand to confirm the hour of your arrival.

Pine Hill itself is quaint, quiet, peaceful, and tiny—consisting of a post office, bookstore, library, historical museum, and two small hotels (both with bars). One of the hotels--the Pine Hill Arms--has a very nice restaurant (check ahead for open days). Directly from town one can access several state hiking trails that will take you to the top of Belleayre Mountain and deep into the forests of the Catskills State Park. Out on Route 28, and 1/2 a mile from the Lodge, there is a wonderful all-in-one general store, grandiosely named the "Belleayre Plaza Shopping Center," which contains a grocery, luncheonette, liquor and general store, gas station, laundromat, and Trailways bus stop!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ShadowOfBucephalus
Reviewed 28 May 2012

A few friends and myself went up to Pine Hill for a weekend getaway from the City and had a great time.
We arrived at the lodge and were surprised just how cute it was. They have a fire-pit in the middle with seating and grass. This would be a perfect place to go for a reunion or family or a lot of friends. It reminds me of camping with proper housing lol.
I will go back with a lot of friends so everyone can have their own cabin and we can all hangout by the fire-pit and have a great time.
It's like camp for adults.

Our cabin was two bedrooms with a cute kitchen and fireplace.
I slept in the room with bunk-beds and the mattress was very comfortable.
The kitchen was super clean and so was the bathroom.
We went for a hike on saturday up a mountain, can't remember the name but it was a lot of fun. It took us 2 hours to go up and 2 hours to come down and by the end my legs were shot. (A good workout for sure) The view at the top of the mountain was amazing and we all had a lot of fun.

We didn't have any problems with Dan like the other reviews so maybe that was just a fluke.

We had dinner at a restaurant across the street from the lodge and it was very good, can't remember the name.

When we left on sunday we drove through Woodstock and had lunch there and that was just a really nice ending to a great weekend.

I would definitely go back to the lodge and next time i'll take my 4 year old son with me. He would love it there!

Oh, they have a recreational room with pool table and pingpong. That was a nice surprise. Again, like camp but for adults :)

Room Tip: We had the cabin next to barbecue. Very nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Camie G
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Decided to take a weekend getaway from the City and do a little skiing, and chose Belleayre as they're less crowded than Hunter. Now I understand it's been a very warm winter, but there was absolutely no snow on the ground anywhere in Pine Hill, and the only snow that Belleayre mountain had was man-made. So, fair warning if you're coming up for skiing.

As far as this "cabin" goes, it's a rustic and extremely dated. We saw a few bugs, there was mold and peeling wall paper and no sink in the bathroom. Not to mention the Inn Keeper was not very friendly. I called to let them know we would be arriving late, as their website states, and was told the porch light for my cabin would be left on. Whatever happened to just leaving the keys under the mat? I had to send my boyfriend in when we arrived as I was afraid someone could have been in there since the place was left unlocked. After arriving late on Friday evening, we crashed and got up early to ski. After coming back exhausted from a day of skiing, I just couldn't relax there and decided to head home early. They have a two night minimum, so payment was already set, but I just couldn't stay any longer. It felt dirty and there was an overwhelming smell of air freshener.

Another note about Pine Hill, there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING around. No restaurants, bars, anything. I wanted a getaway but this was too secluded. Had we not gotten fast food on the way up, I would not have eaten that night. And while their kitchens are stocked, they don't have microwaves, so I couldn't even heat up my food. If you like camping, then you may like this establishment, but if not then you'll probably find yourself leaving early like we did.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Margaretville Mountain Inn
Margaretville Mountain Inn
#1 of 2 in Margaretville
Gateway Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Been to Belleayre Lodge? Share your experiences!