“We loved this Inn”
Review of Irondequoit Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Piseco
Irondequoit Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Piseco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We spent a summer weekend at the Inn. Our room (#2) was great and so were the Innkeepers. We enjoyed breakfast, canoeing to the island, and exploring the area. They suggested an alternate route back to NYC and told us what to look out for (who knew there was a place called Stone Arabia?). This is a part of the state we'd never visited before and we'll definitely return. I recommend a visit to the Irondequoit Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Meryl_NYC

Reviewed 28 June 2011

Myself and my siblings were taking a 4 day hike along the Northville Placid Trail. We came across the Irondequoit Inn during our (my sister's) research. It was a perfect fit. It is rustic, no TV's, no fancy features but the grounds and food was amazing and I'm told that they have even more property then I was able to see and explore. The inn keepers were very friendly and helpfull and did I mention the grounds are amazing. Also what sold us on staying at the Irondequoit is that they are located only 100 yards off the trail and they will drive you to the your starting point. Since we where coming in from across the country this really made our Northville Placid hike possible. I cannot reccomend the Inn enough.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BCJon78
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Who we are: retired Californians; crowd and retail mall aversive
Why we were there: rental car trip to see parts of some northeastern states for first time, sight-seeing, hiking, looking for local culture and arts, staying in B&B's
We loved the Irondequoit! Beautiful setting, truly on the "quiet" side of the Adirondacks in mid-October. Old place, lovingly kept. Lots of history, which we learned from friendly and fun inn-keepers, from a particular guest who had been returning to the Irondequoit for decades, and from big, old photo albums on the shelves by the fireplace. Great breakfast, locally sourced. Great sleep, despite what we thought was a too-soft mattress (it did not keep us awake!). Great location for hiking (and water activities when it's warmer, including running stream and lake with safe beach), and sight-seeing, e.g., Adirondack Museum, very worth the visit (we liked that we seemed to be just behind the fall-foliage crowds). Easy to access, yet feels so remote. We loved the ambience of the Irondequoit in late fall, and would love to be able to gather our family there all at once (so much to do, so much beautiful space, kids would be free and happy in this durable setting).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andaDora66
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Irondequoit Inn is like visiting the Adirondacks several decades ago. Lots of activities and lots of quiet, both. The Innkeepers are especially friendly and accommodating. Many visitors come back year after year, and it works for couples as well as family/friends.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Even though I live in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, I can't wait to get back to the IrondIquoit Inn. I first visited in the summer of 1981 when my husband took me to visit his family holding a reunion there. Since that initial visit I have returned numerous times and have been able to stay in the full variety of accomodations. We have camped by the lake. - delightful. We have lived in cabins and had lovely rooms in the Inn. -cozy and rustic. We have been able to match the needs of our family with an available accomodation. The proximity to trails, activities, museums and nature centers is ideal. It is also a perfect place to just relax quietly and enjoy the beauty of the Adirondaks. I just recommended the Irondoqoit to a business acquaintance.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2010

You don't go to the Irondequoit for opulent accommodations. It is an old Adirondack Inn and it shows it. But if you're looking to enjoy the Adirondacks away from the noise and commotion of Old Forge, Long Lake, or Lake Placid, this is the place.

It's old, but it's not a dump. Unlike another reviewer, we did not find a lack of hot water or working toilets in the (shared) bathrooms. No warnings about putting toilet paper into the septic system. We found it rustic and quiet -- just what we were looking for.

Like another reviewer said, the people there checking you in do not own the place. They are just innkeepers (and they live there). It is owned by an association -- families which each own a part of the property and run it in absentia. Therefore, the upkeep of the property may not be as current as it would be if an owner was there every day. But, we have never found the property to be unacceptably dirty.

To us, the most attractive feature of the Inn is its orientation on Piseco Lake to watch the sunrises from the front porch. The porch faces south, and the sun rises to your left as you sit on the porch in one of the several rocking chairs there. It's mesmerizing to watch the sun gently burn the morning fog off of the lake and from between the pine trees. To watch the angle the shadows make against the trees as the sun slowly rises. Then, when Mother Nature's show is over, to head into the rustic dining room for a hearty Adirondack breakfast.

To enjoy this show, one has to be up around 6 AM in the summer. The dining room staff arrive around this time, but they do not put out the coffee until about 6:45. So, for 45 minutes to an hour, you have to sit on the porch without your morning brew. We submitted a suggestion to the association recommending that the first thing the staff should do when they arrive in the morning is put out the coffee for the guests. Then they can proceed preparing the breakfast items. We hope they took our suggestion. We'll find out when we next stay there.

Another enjoyable thing to do at the Inn is walk across the street into the woods and walk until you hit the "baths". A babbling mountain stream with plenty of rocks to sit on and enjoy lunch with your favorite beverage. Soak your feet, too, in the cool water. We only found out about the "baths" by questioning the innkeepers about the property. We also submitted a recommendation to the association that they write up the things to do in and around Piseco, laminate it, and put a copy in each room so the guests will be more informed.

All-in-all, we recommend the Irondequoit. Hopefully the owners will keep the property in acceptable shape -- enough to keep the people coming back but not "improve" it so much that it becomes yet another glitzy motel in the mountains. Heaven forbid they should tear it down and replace it with something "newer and better".

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BigBirdPhiladelphia
Reviewed 1 September 2009

My week long stay at the Irondequoit Inn, in Piseco NY, was much more than I envisioned it would be. There were plenty of activities to keep myself or a family busy for more than a week. One can hike or bike on a snowmobile trail directly from the Inn property or take a short paddle from the Inn’s sandy beach over to their Private Island for a picnic and hike. On the Island there is also a small sandy beach for the adventurous person to take a swim.
If you’re a paddler, like I am, you will be happy to discover that the Inn is located close to several great bodies of water that can take you on a leisurely or wilderness paddle. But be prepared to meet up with a few beaver dams!
Although breakfast was not included in the price of my efficiency, I chose to get the whole Irondequoit experience by joining the Inn Guests for breakfast in the dining room on the day of my departure. I found the server to be friendly, food service fast and my tasty meal prepared to my special requests.
I found the guests who were also staying at Irondequoit to be friendly and welcoming. One evening the sounds of singing could be heard throughout the property. I and two other friends, who also love to sing, introduced ourselves to several families sitting around a campfire. Guitars, banjos and song books were shared, songs were sung and fond memories created!
I am an adventure and explore. My wonderful positive experience at the Irondequoit Inn is what will keep me coming back time and again. I look forward to my next trip to Piseco Lake this fall!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo

Been to Irondequoit Inn? Share your experiences!