The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Towpath Motel(Rochester)
View Hotel
All reviewserie canalerie grillquaint shopsfour seasonsfree valet parkingrooms are nicerenaissance propertiesschoen placehotel restaurantfitness roomthe location is perfectguest roomshousekeeping staffminute driverochesteravedatowpath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at The Del Monte Hotel for our anniversary and had an amazing experience. This is a full-service classic, smallish hotel, with beautiful lobby, indoor swimming pool, fitness room, top-notch restaurant, award-winning full service Spa, great rooms with full amenities (from bathrobes and slippers to top of the line bath amenities, awesome linens and towels). The hotel staff is personable, helpful, responsive and friendly. The hotel even provides FREE valet parking (something we thought was a thing of the past in the U.S. hotel industry).

We had an absolutely lovely experience from the moment we arrived (a complimentary upgrade to a gorgeous suite due to it being our anniversary) to the moment we departed. Plus, the location cannot be beat, as the hotel is right next to the scenic Erie Canal in the quaint Rochester suburb of Pittsford. Within a one minute walk are cafes, shops, famous Pittsford ice cream dairy, galleries and bicycle rentals. Having stayed in the chain hotels in Pittsford in prior visits, we would definitely return to The Del Monte, with its unique ambience and character.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was in Rochester for a day of bike riding. When I arrived at *my* hotel, they were overbooked and sent me here. Needless to say, when I arrived at 9:45pm, I was not looking (or smelling) like the other guests in the lobby, but the front desk clerk was nothing but welcoming and kind. The room was terrific, well furnished and decorated, with all the amenities you would expect and a few you wouldn’t - like a leather reclining chair and a little night reading light built into the headboard. It was quiet and comfortable. It’s right on the canal and paths go on for miles and miles (so glad I had my bike!) and there’s a picturesque downtown and a section of shops and restaurants right on the water, both in easy walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank barbc1111
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Three of us stayed at this property from Thursday - Sunday and experienced a few different aspects regarding the hotel. First, this hotel is wonderfully situated in the small town of Pittsford. The hotel is directly adjacent to the Erie canal. We enjoyed sitting by the canal on park benches just along the canal, a just a short walk across the parking lot. There are many shops and eateries less than 1/4 mile from the hotel making them accessible by foot.
The front desk attendants were pleasant and gave us ideas where to go for eating options. All of the staff greeted us every time we passed them. Our Marriott level allowed us to enjoy a complimentary breakfast in the Erie Grille. The view is awesome, as one can eat and look out over the canal at the same time. The food is tasty and service was fine.
At check in there is an option to obtain a key to open the refrigerator/mini bar, containing beverages and snacks. While the prices are quite reasonable the hotel staff lack of attention to detail shows through what transpired. One of us ate half a bag of pretzels before realizing the expiration date was TWO YEARS past. I brought the bag to the front desk to advise them of the long past date and was promised nothing else was out of date. Not true. Not only were more items past the expiration date in this room, when we moved to another room, (detailed further in the review), there were expired items in that room, too. I really did not expect this in a Marriott property. To date the hotel has not charged the snacks to my form of payment on file.

As we entered our room the second evening the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. The occupants of the next room were smoking in the room and the smoke. The next day I advised the front desk of the situation and they already knew about it and offered to move us to another room, away from the smoke. This was a much welcomed gesture to a situation not caused by the hotel. I really did appreciate how easy it was for us to move to another room.
The new room was on the opposite side of the hotel from the first room. Neither room had a view of the canal. I am not sure any rooms have a view of the canal.

The third night I was kept up for over an hour around 2 am by the party going on in the next room. I finally called to inform the staff about this and they must have taken care of it because the occupants of the party were much more quiet. I am not sure how a party that loud goes on for that long without hotel security not knowing about it.

I would recommend staying at this property even though some of the attention to the details were missing. Upstate is beautiful in the summer, I can just imagine the beauty of the fall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Todd P, Manager at The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Kindest regards,

Jordan Patarino
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were in a Pittsford for a wedding and were told by the bride's family, this was the place to stsy! They were right. Terrific staff from parking valets to front desk, nice pool, well-appointed rooms, nice restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Disappointing has ever especially in my other Hometown.Despite calling in advance the shuttle bus showed up after an hour i had called for pick up.Of course i had called ahead and they told me they might have had about 15 min delay...But an hour?The driver was nice and apologetic but still.Room was fine but could be better for that price.Room service...ah ah! Four star hotel and you serve your food on plastic tray no table cloth and plastic cover over your half cold food.Of course i had to call back for napkins and silverware...should i mentioned breakfast? A repeat performance but worst...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wondermiki
Todd P, Front Office Manager at The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Wondermiki,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay at The Renaissance Del Monte Lodge & Spa.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If you would like to discuss your experience further please contact me directly so I can personally see to it that this situation is rectified.

Kindest Regards,