“Driver & Company are wonderful”
Review of Quality Wine Tours

Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Pittsford
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality Wine Tours has been providing Scenic, Fun & Tasteful wine tours since 1996 along the Seneca, Keuka , Cayuga & Canandaigua wine trails. We offer many nice B&B / Hotel packages for one or two couples. see our packages. Wine tour for two starts at $275.00 + tax & gratuity for the driver-guide 5 hour tour & tasting at about 5-6 wineries.
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I would just like to say how much we enjoyed the Limo service
this past Sunday September 29, 2013. You had come highly recommended from
Miles Inn and Winery.
You did an awesome job in pairing us up with our driver Phil - who was
absolutely wonderful! The first question he asked was what type of wines did
we like. From there it was easy to determine which wineries we would best
enjoy and taste. We left the choices to him. Phil was not only full of
knowledgeable wine lore, but also about the surrounding area of Seneca Lake.
I will also admit the small gift of wine glasses which you provided for our
35th anniversary was a very pleasant surprise.
Morris & Debbie
Ontario, Canada

wineloverjill, Manager at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hello Morris & Debbie,

Thank you for your nice letter about our service. I am really pleased to hear that you both had a enjoyable day on your wine tour, and that Phil provided you with made your visit special.

I will pass along your letter to Phil, I am sure he will enjoy reading your nice comments about him.

Please call us again when planning your visit to the Finger Lakes wine country it will be our pleasure to provide your with a wine tour.

Sincerely

"choices"
"vehicle"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We booked a private car for a drive to some of the wineries around Seneca Lake. Ron was our driver, and really took care of us. We had no idea where we wanted to go, but based on our taste in wine, Ron picked some lovely wineries for us to visit. He knew a fair amount about the area in general as well, which was great for us as first time visitors to the area. We never felt rushed, and spent as little or as long as we liked at each stop. We booked this trip by phone before our arrival, and the person that made the reservation was also very helpful. All of this combined made for a really relaxing and fun tour of a beautiful area.

1  Thank ohsillymonkey
wineloverjill, Manager at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thanks for your nice letter about our service. I am really pleased to hear that you had a great time on your wine tour! I look forward to see you again! Thanks!! Much!!
Jim

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I took my girlfriend on one of these for her birthday, and it was PHENOMENAL. Our driver, Steve, was pretty awesome and knew all the good wineries to go to, and even knew a little bit about how to choose the next one for us based on what we liked and didn't like. For example, my lady was a fan of certain sweeter wines, so he made sure to take us to a place that offered sweeter wines next. He even recommended a pretty sweet place to have lunch.

I had arranged previously with the owner (Jim) to have the driver take me to a special place called Garret Chapel, which was fairly close to the route so that I could propose to my (now) fiancee. Jim was very polite on the phone, and helped me finalize all the details. He was very punctual about everything and made sure it went without a hitch, and Steve was too.

Steve came down and took a bunch of pictures of the whole thing and really made the experience extra special. As a matter of fact, while we were going on all the tastings Steve made sure to talk to people all over the place and spread our good news! It was awesome! We were handed a bottle of champagne from one couple we ran into, one place gave us some free commemorative glasses, and one place the server (for lack of better term) gave us a toast with the whole tasting room.

I canNOT say enough good things about this tour, and when I book another trip out to the finger lakes, I'm positive that these guys will be who I call.

1  Thank Jens M

Hello Jens,

I am very pleased to here that you had a wonderful time on your wine tour and that Steve provided you with great service.. I will pass along your letter to Steve I am sure he will be very pleased to read your kind words. Please do look us up again! It will be our pleasure to provide you with service again.

Best regards,
Jim Havalack

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We just returned from a tour of the Seneca lake wineries.
We had a great time thanks to our driver, Ron. He was the best, very
knowledgable and helpful. We couldn't ask for a better tour guide. Ron made
our trip effortless, thank you so much!
We will definitely recommend your company and especially Ron to all our
friends!

wineloverjill, Owner at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Hello Bonnie,

Thank you for your letter on our service.I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the wine tour and that Ron provided a great experience for you. Please do look us up again for your next wine tour, It will be our pleasure to provide service to you again!

Best regards
Jim Havalack

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Hiring a car is the best way to tour the wineries--Not only are the drivers familiar with the different wineries and how to get there, but you also don't need to worry about designating a driver. We first used Quality Wine Tours in 2010, and it was such an enjoyable experience, that when we traveled back to the Finger Lakes in 2013, it was an easy decision to use the company again.

Booking is easy, and Jim is helpful and friendly. Pick up and drop off were easy--right at the front door of our hotel. And the drivers were early both times. Ron drove us in 2010, and Steve in 2013. Both were very knowledgeable about the area and the wineries. We described what we like, and they selected wineries on our route that were most likely to match our palates--and they were right much of the time. Made for a much more relaxing day than figuring it out on our own. Steve and Ron were also both very friendly, putting us immediately at ease.

I hear that 2015 will be a great vintage for reds from this area, so I expect we will go back again in a few years. We will absolutely book with Quality Wine Tours again.

2  Thank Michelle S
wineloverjill, Owner at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your kinds words about our service! I am really happy that you enjoyed the wine tour and you were pleased with the service Steve & Ron have provided on the tours. Please do look us up again for your next visit to the Finger Lakes, It will be our pleasure to serve you again!

Jim Havalack (owner)