“The best way to visit the wineries!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Wine Tours

Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Pittsford
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality Wine Tours has been providing Scenic, Fun & Tasteful wine tours since 1996 along the Seneca, Keuka , Cayuga & Canandaigua wine trails. We offer many nice B&B / Hotel packages for one or two couples. see our packages. Wine tour for two starts at $275.00 + tax & gratuity for the driver-guide 5 hour tour & tasting at about 5-6 wineries.
york, pa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“The best way to visit the wineries!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We called many tours and Quality Wine Tours came in as the least expensive so we booked our tour with them. Our driver Dave, picked us up in a Lincoln Town Car (actually he was a little early) at the Watkins Glen KOA campground. He was very nice and knowledgable about the wineries. This was my second time touring this lake so we already had some favorites.
There was a gift bag which contained 2 wine glasses, some mints and some good info about the region. There was also 4 small bottles of water, which came in very handy. We had tickets to Smokin' Summer on Seneca Lake so we began our tour at one of my favorite wineries, Lakewood Vinyards. We toured most of the wineries on the west side of the lake--all the way up to Ravine's near Geneva (and Belhurst Castle). Dave was always very courteous and nice, opening our doors and getting boxes for our wine purchases. He even had stickers to put on the bottles so that I would know which bottles were mine. The total cost for 5 hours was $357 and it was well worth it. I would definitely recommend this service to anyone who would like to tour this area.

Visited June 2014
wineloverjill, Manager at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank your for the kind words about our business and your driver-guide Dave that provided you with an enjoyable day! I am very happy to hear that you had a great time on the tour and Dave helped to make your experience with our company a pleasant one. Please do look us up again when your return to the Finger Lakes in the future.

Sincerely

Jill

Utica, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Tourguide/Questionable Management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

If I could rate the experience itself, alone from the management, I would have given it a 5/5. First off, our driver/tourguide Frank, was excellent. He arrived on time (even apologizing for being 3 minutes "late"), he was knowledgable about the local vineyards and history, and his recommendations of the different vinyards was spot on. If I choose their service, again, I will certainly request Frank.

The only significant thing I feel is important to mention for other customers to take note of (and form their own opinions regarding) is what I believe are questionable business practices. I will lay out what happened with us and you can decide for yourself if you believe this is honest business practice.
Initially we called and asked for the Sedan for an upcoming Sunday. He stated it was not available, but since we were only booking for 2 passengers, that he would give us a limo at the sedan price. This seemed very nice, so we agreed. When it came time to send the contract, we noticed that the date was changed to the Saturday. After this was corrected, the new contract all of a sudden said "sedan" where "limo" was listed, before. When we asked for an explanation he stated that he did not have the limo available on that date.
We respectfully asked him to either honor the original agreement or to reduce his rate. However, he refused. Normally we might have chosen another service, however, he only decided to withdraw the offer of using the limo at the last minute, leaving us with little time to find another service.

You can judge for yourself if this sounds like it was an "honest mistake" or if it sounds more like he ended up being able to rent the limo to a larger party in between the initial offer and when it came down for him to finally send the contract. Either way, I feel that an honest individual would have offered to make amends and we were quite disappointed that he made no efforts to do so.

Post Script: QWT manager has sent me three harassing emails and successfully had my review removed. I am attaching a picture of my contract to prove I was their customer. They initially stated I was lying and was not their customer. I am not allowed to post correspondence from them, but I believe this is a violation of TA. Also, I have tried to attach the photo of the contract, but TripAdvisor would not allow this, but I can send it to anyone who doubts that I was a consumer of this tour.

I also would like to note that they called twice, harassing my companion on the trip, trying to get her to pressure me to remove the review.

I initially gave this review 3/5, however after the inappropriate actions of their manager I can no longer give them such a high review.

4 Thank David A
Yardley, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We did a wine tour around Seneca Lake and were so pleased with our experience that we are already talking about going back next year. We booked during a very busy weekend and were told that they had no sedans left, but that they would give us an SUV at the sedan price. No problems when the contract arrived and no surprises on the day of. Our driver Frank was extremely knowledgeable not only with the wineries but also with the area and showed us some scenic areas that we would not have seen otherwise. We would definitely recommend Quality again as well as Frank who absolutely made the tour amazing! Thank you so much Frank!

1 Thank mindy k
wineloverjill, Owner at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Hello Mindy,

I am really pleased to hear that you had a great time on your wine tour, and Frank your driver-guide provided a wonderful time on the tour. I will pass along your letter to Frank I am sure he will be very pleased to read your kind words about him. We look forward to having you back again for another wine tour!

Sincerely
Jim Havalack
New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Let Frank drive you to drink. He’s knowledgeable and fun and made a few extra stops to share some scenic views. My daughter and I had a lovely day.

Visited November 2013
wineloverjill, Owner at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hello Sully, I am happy to hear that you both had a great time on your wine tour! And that Frank our driver-guide made it a fun day for you both. Please look us up again it will be our pleasure to provide you with a tour again.

Best regards,
Jim Havalack (owner)
Central PA
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Repeat Customers Who Will Repeat Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Jim--I and my family and friends are again extremely satisfied with Quality Transportation. Your driver, Jim, was fantastic, and the vehicle was absolutely spotless. The driver catered to our needs, and his suggestions met our needs to the tee. He was able to suggest a route that allowed us to visit as many wineries as possible and showed us a few attractions along the way. I also believed he had fun with a family who likes to poke fun at each other.

During our last visit in 2012, we did a tour of Seneca wineries with friends. This time we toured the Keuka Lake wineries. Both drivers were quite knowledgeable about the area and the wineries on both lakes. Like last time, the booking was very easy. It is hard for me to believe that they come right to your door where you are staying and drop you off at that same door after the allotted time. Also, the complimentary wine glasses were great. I am wondering what I will get for the third time....LOL

I know that we will do business again. With all that you and your drivers do to make our time enjoyable, I would definitely choose no other transportation company other than Quality Transportation to chauffer us around the Finger Lakes. Your company and its employees rock!!!!Thank you so much......Mike

Visited November 2013
wineloverjill, Manager at Quality Wine Tours, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Hello Mike, Thanks for your kind words about our service. It was a pleasure to have you and your friends back again! We love our repeat customers and we look forward providing service to you again!

Thanks again!