“Good on all counts”

Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pittsford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Helpful and pro-active staff. Great location. Clean, comfortable room. Convenient to Eire Canal, walking distance to some local shops and restaurants. Really clicked on all cylinders. They were handling multiple wedding groups and a business seminar while we were there, all without any glitches.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2014

great hotel, even though booked , very quiet. very professional staff. location was great for dining shopping and our needs. The front desk folks were professional and got to know you right away. the rooms were quiet and beds very very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I can't believe how clean and beautiful this Inn is. Not only that, the suite was only $199/night (we stayed in June 2014.) It was HUGE! We fit my husband and I on a king bed, and the front desk provided us two cots to put our kids on (the cots were big too!) It was quiet, the bathrooms were VERY large and the walk-in shower? Incredible.

The pool was great and the continental breakfast surprisingly good!! If you're in the area, don't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite. For $40/more per night, it's completely worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Clean, modern hotel with exceptionally comfortable beds. The furnishings are new and modern and the room was quite spacious. The staff was friendly and gracious. Parking was plentiful and the hotel very conveniently located and easy to find.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I didn't really expect much from a Hilton Garden Inn. Its not the typical place I stay but I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The front desk staff was great. My first room was near some loud fans outside so they moved me to a much more quite room. The breakfast buffet was a deal. The location right off the highway and in pretty Pittsford NY was perfect for what I needed. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here many times when it was the Brookwood Inn, and this was our first stay since Hilton took it over and renovated. The new look is wonderful- clean, bright and modern, though I do miss the character of the old lobby.

Love the updated rooms and especially the new granite bathroom. Everything so spacious and comfortable. You can really exhale here.

The best part of our short visit was the staff. Nancy cheerfully and professionally straightened out a change on our reservation in advance and lent a familiar and welcoming presence to our stay. She is a terrific ambassador for the hotel and the Hilton brand. The staff member (Kaitlan) who checked us in was also very pleasant.

Our thanks for a very enjoyable stay! This will be our go-to whenever we are in the area.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I would like to preface this review by stating that I didn't read any tripadvisor reviews (shocking) before booking my room. I chose this hotel because it was super close to a wedding reception and it had the Hilton name.

The outside of this place has a dated hotel appearance, but luckily the interior has been updated. When I stepped inside the entrance, I was greeted by a cluttered lobby lounge, bathrooms to my left and the bar/restaurant to my right. The reception/check-in desk is oddly not in plain sight, nor are there directions leading to it. The front desk is actually located beyond the cluttered lounge and off to the left. The reception was great, kitchen/bartender staff were pretty laid back. I read the complaints from other reviews about them being unprofessional, but I found them to be friendly. Had dinner and drinks at the bar - food was good and drinks were well.

Most importantly, my room was clean and decorated well. I think the walls could use an update, but everything else was updated (including a fancy bathroom). The bed and sheets were comfortable and clean.

The one thing that bothered me was the $11/person breakfast. Nowadays, it is pretty standard for breakfast to be included in a stop'n'go hotel. I was borderline insulted that after being charged a healthy bill for the room (on top of lavishing taxes), this hotel wanted more money for breakfast. No worries though. This hotel offered many recommendations for breakfast elsewhere and that is exactly what I did.

This place earned the 4 stars but fell short of 5 with the awkward lobby and charging guests for breakfast. Good for a clean night's stay, but it's probably best you check out what the quaint town of Pittsford has to offer for food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Art F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsford
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford? Share your experiences!