“Modern and accessible”

GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Catharines, Canada
“Modern and accessible”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The double queen room was large and clean with loads of room to put stuff away. Bathroom was modern with everything in place for safety. There were grab rails for seniors, the sink was low enough for children (not like the Hampton Suites) and doors were wide for easy access. The dining room staff were very considerate and the food selection was adequate. The wines could be better but I am fussy about that. The location is between Pittsford and Victor so just a short drive to shopping areas. Tim Hortons within walking distance.

Room Tip: The lower Terrace rooms were a little damp according members of my group but I had no complaints.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rochester, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a great experience at the Hilton Garden/Pittsford. Staff extermely friendly, always smiling and ready to help. The accommodations were clean, comfortable and the lobby was bright and engaging. We used the shuttle service to take us to the wedding reception, which worked out perfect. I would definately stay here again and would recommend to friends & family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here many times over the years. Great staff, restaurant in house. Good clean spacious rooms. Nice lobby with lots of room to spread out and work. Location is good for working or doing business in Rochester as it right off the exit ramp. Close to Pittsford and all the canal restaurants. Perfect for a stop on your way west as its close to I-90.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I chose this hotel because their website said they had jacuzzi suites available. I booked the room online and received an email confirmation. When I checked in I was told that they didn't have jacuzzi suites. The woman at the front desk very politely explained that it was my fault for booking the room online. I should have made the reservation in person or by phone.

The room was decent but very dark and cold. They have a digital thermostat. I kept setting it to 74 but an hour or so later it would change to 64. When I put it at 74 the heat would come on then the thermostat would reset and the a/c would come on. This went on all night.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here don't book online.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dhlogan
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great hotel... Awesome... So far, this is the best hotel for us... We were there with our 5-years old son & 7-months old daughter... Our boy love it, he asked to stay for another night..@@... We were a bit worry about our baby, cuz it was her 1st time lived in a hotel; but she was fine... : ) ... the room was very clean & comfortable, I woke up twice during the night for my baby, I was still thinking about that we got a great hotel (I don't think I want to be awake in the middle of the night in a room that's aged)...When we booked the room, we requested if we could have a room that's clean, bright & comfortable for the baby; as we checked in, the front desk staff told us that she saw our request & they got us a room that's looking out to the trees...we got a great room with 2 queen size beds... One more thing about room temperature, this is the 1st time that we could adjust the room temperature easily... from our past experiences, either we can't adjust the temperature or no matter how we adjusted, we wouldn't be able to get the right temperature... Last but not the least, washroom... thumbs up...god, I love the washroom... if you lived in a condo, I think their washroom might be even better than your own (I'm just talking about average size condos, not those huge ones or million $$$s ones... ; p )... If they remain the same condition, this would be my choice of hotel in that area... : )

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Corey D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We greatly appreciate the feedback you provided about your stay experience. Our goal is to deliver Award Winning Service, and your insights help us to continuously refine the guest experience, as well as address any concerns.

We appreciate your business and hope that in the future you will again select a Hilton Garden Inn.

dover, nh, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

spent three nights to visit with family in the area. Easy location from the turnpike. Staff very friendly/helpful. Rooms are good-sized, clean, comfortable bed. Pool/gym facility really not a usable option since no apparent locker/change rooms adjacent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are glad you were happy with your stay and your feedback on the changing area is greatly appreciated. We will look into the option of modifying our restrooms to be more accommodating to this need. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Charleston, WV
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had to be in the lovely town of Pittsford for a wedding and needed a place to stay and booked at the Hilton Garden Inn.. When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the grounds and setting of this hotel. The hotel is conveniently located off the interstate highway as well as to the Erie Canal, and is just a short drive into Pittsford. It is worth staying here to get a morning walk in along the canal. Our room was spacious and, most importantly, quiet. The furniture and bed were very comfortable. I slept well. Staff was friendly and helpful. All in all, a pleasaant stay in a pleasant village. If in the area I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the terrace level. Ours was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Corey D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Pittsford for your recent stay, and we greatly appreciate the feedback you provided about your stay experience. Our goal is to deliver Award Winning Service, and your insights help us to continuously refine the guest experience, as well as address any concerns.

We appreciate your business!

Corey Dooley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsford
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford? Share your experiences!