“Best kept secret” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canal Lamp Inn

Canal Lamp Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsford
Canal Lamp Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Pittsford B&B and Inns
rochester new york
“Best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is one of the loveliest Bed and Breakfasts that I know. The rooms are very nicely done; the location right on the canal with miles of walking paths; and absolutely delicious breakfast. I would recommend this whole-heartedly over any hotel in the area, if you like B & B.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rochestertraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

We arrived to this house and spent the first hour walking around oohing and ahhing. Its just gorgeous and has a beautiful old world feel with special little touches throughout the house. The property is tucked away along a canal just beside the main street of Pittsford. Breakfast was out of this world! I can't say enough about the place. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Master bedroom is amazing
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle P
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed this old house with all modern conveniences - wonderful baths with showers & baths. Breakfasts were incredible and more than enough to eat. I am not a B&B fan, but this was great.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank TPop-Traveler
Galesburg, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We had a wonderful time in this exquisite Victorian mansion along the Erie Canal. One can actually feel the history of the Canal, along with the natural habitat which has sprung up as a result of the canal.
The rooms were spacious and luxurious, with modern conveniences. The breakfast was very good prepared by the homes caretaker; the host was not present which added to the privacy of the experience. We appreciated the serenity of the surroundings. We went on the Erie Canal packet boat tour which was just a few steps away. The tour was very educational and enjoyable. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 2Irish_Rovers
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Yes it is true you don't see the owners but they were easily reachable by telephone. The rooms where beautiful and the home was huge and we had it all to ourselves for most of the time. The breakfasts were amazing. The location was great since it was right next to the canal. It was a fantastic experience. We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Yes the front room faces the road so it can be a bit noisy in the morning but it really didn't b...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank bellacoola
Los Gatos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

Our stay at the Canal Lamp Inn was the most relaxing evening I have had in a long time. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous. The Inn is immaculate. I felt like I could stay at the Canal Lamp in indefinitely and wished we had stayed more than one evening. The owners of the Inn are funny, attentive and absolutely wonderful. The breakfast we had the next morning was the best breakfast I have ever had in my life. The owner, Keith Miller, is quite a cook. I was so, so impressed. Just thinking about that breakfast makes me want to return to the Canal Lamp Inn immediately, and I live in California! I would highly recommend anyone to stay at the Canal Lamp Inn. And Pittsford is a charming town.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Curly055
philadelphia, pa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

I came to this Inn hoping that the previous reviews would have been wrong. I was disappointed in that. When I arrive I asked for a guide to the area. I was told they didn't have one! When one (out of date) was produced it was slipped without comment under my door. The website says that wireless internet is provided. Not so! And when I inquired, I was met with "I can't come back, I will bring you a cable in the morning". Whirlpool tub was non operational, not clean, etc.... I really, really wanted to believe this would be a great Inn, but alas, I think the owners have completely checked out of the picture. We'll see how breakfast is in the AM.....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank rosannemistretta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsford
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
BEST WESTERN PLUS Victor Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside

Been to Canal Lamp Inn? Share your experiences!