“Excellent value and amazing staff.”

Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was very satisfied with the hotel. The service was amazing and the staff was so helpful and nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend. Will definitely stay here again. This hotel is right off LIE and is a short drive to NYC and other areas on long Island

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank lanza24

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel while attending a wedding locally. The rooms were very clean and comfortable; the lobby was very inviting, and it included complimentary lemon water throughout the day, as well as complimentary coffee in the morning; my husband and daughter enjoyed spending time at the pool; check-in and check-out were very quick and simple, and the staff was lovely.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Some of my family (5 others) and I stayed at this property for three nights last weekend while attending a wedding. The hotel is a very attractive property from the time you pull into the driveway off Round Swamp road. It was especially wonderful after 2.5 hours from the George Washington Bridge. The lobby is large pleasant and you are greeted by a large container of lemon ice water and cookies. We were checked in very quickly and given a list of local restaurants.

Our room was spotless and very comfortable. Coffee, a mini-refrigerator and microwave are included. The restaurant is very good and the breakfast buffet includes served omelet and egg dishes.

Since I ran into a medical problem and could not go to the wedding I spent the entire day on Saturday on one of the two spacious patios next to the lobby. They are designed so that you can have sun or shade as you choose.The furniture is very comfortable and as disappointed as I was to miss the wedding I enjoyed the whole day.

We will stay here anytime we are in the area again.This stay restored my opinion of Hilton which took a real hit at the Hilton Royal Palms in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stay at Hilton Garden Inns where ever I go. They are clean and fresh. The cleaning staffs and desk clerks are very good. The food is generally excellent but the serving staffs could be better,; more professional.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Deborah L
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a Wedding in mid-July in the reserved block of rooms for the Wedding party. Was very pleased at the appearance, large lobby, beautiful patio area, and reasonable price (although I am assuming we had a pretty decent wedding rate). Rooms were clean and up to comparable "Hilton Garden Inn" class hotel standards - the rooms come with a fridge to store beverages and food if so inclined.

My only complaint about the experience was the two elevators they have running which I feel is insufficient for the amount of people staying at the hotel and their event guests. In fact, they were only running one of the elevators during the daytime so I opted for the stairs. This was fine for me but does not work for elderly guests staying on high floors.

PROS:
- Great Outdoor Space with Tables, Chairs, and Firepits (Very nice for post wedding celebration)
- Large lobby with a nice bar, breakfast nook, and fireplace (Also very nice for meeting with family
- Lots of parking

CONS:
- The hotel is pretty busy, lots of people and traffic throughout the place
- The elevators are woefully insufficient

OVERALL:
This is one of the better hotels in the "Hilton Garden Inn / Courtyard Marriott" category class that I have stayed at (I have stayed at many during business trips). The common space at this hotel really puts it over the top. I know that the bride and groom were pleased with the hotel and I would return if staying in the area.

Room Tip: Higher floors will keep you away from the crowds but the elevators are slow.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I always stay here for business and the hotel is always clean with a very friendly and helpful staff. The food at the restaurant is great and the amenities of this hotel are great for the price. This is a great value hotel considering the Long Island location. The location also allows easy access off/on the Long Island Expressway.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank William H
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am an event planner and this hotel never fails me. This past weekend I held an event for a woman's group of just under 100 women. The weather was perfect for our outdoor cocktail hour on their newly completed "beautiful" patio area. There are many stunning seating areas with plush, extremely comfortable couches and chairs. There are plenty of umbrella topped tables with chairs and a lovely pergola overhead. The area is also beautifully landscaped. The food served during the cocktail hour was non-stop, delicious and hot & in great variety. The guests then flowed into the indoor stunningly decorated party room which comfortably seated the large number of guests attending and still left room for a DJ set-up and dance floor. The sumptuous dinner buffet was set up in the second party room directly across the hall just steps away. Chef Craig did an amazing job with the vast amount of food that was presented. The carving station offered sliced flank steak with yummy, creamy horseradish sauce that melted in your mouth and honey baked ham. The lobster & crab stuffed crapes with newberg sauce, chicken marsala, spinach stuffed ravioli, garlic mashed potatoes along with the rest of the entrees were all just wonderful! The delicious private party breakfast buffet the next morning was as plentiful and delicious as the dinner food was. Both sitting's were run by headwaiter Jim who is overwhelmingly accommodating and attentive to each guests needs and wants. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. The front desk staff especially Matt are always delightful and so very helpful. Everyone from the housekeeping staff to the engineer's are so very friendly and respectful. The crown gem of this hotel is Tom Crosby Director of Sales. He flawlessly fulfills my every wish every time I run an event there. I stay with this property even though I could go much bigger simply because I never have to worry about a thing when I work with Tom.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Melville Marriott Long Island
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Melville? Share your experiences!