“One of the Best deals going”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed 28 June 2014

For the location this hotel and staff provided a very nice experience. Clean, orderly and comfortable. The breakfast was more than ample. And the complimentary buffet at dinner was a very nice surprise. The nearness to the Long Island Expressway and Northern Parkway adds the ease of getting around. The nearness to the Bethpage Golf Course was an added bonus.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here for a lacrosse tournament at St. Paul's Recreation Complex - it's about a 20 minute drive to the venue. The hotel looks like it was recently renovated. (Though I would fire whoever did the grout in the bathroom in room 216 - very sloppy!) We had a one bedroom suite which had a separate king bedroom and a sofabed in the living room as well as a nicely equipped kitchen. We had plenty of room. There are lots of gathering places around the hotel if you're traveling with others. Good free hot breakfast - free printer in business center (forgot our waiver!) - small indoor pool and hot tub - and although it seems to be in a pretty isolated area, lots of restaurants and shopping within a 5-10 minute drive. There is a great mall with a Cheesecake Factory/Legal Seafood/Five Guys nearby - I think called Huntington Plaza? The heating/cooling system is very loud - I had to turn it off in the middle of the night and open the windows. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location for our Lacrosse tourney but the furnishing and comfort was a little below what I normally expect at Homewood. Breakfast was very lacking, rooms average, and no maid service after our first night.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is extremely clean. The complimentary breakfast and dinner was great. We were able to save money throughout our trip by using the complimentary breakfast/dinner and the best part is the food was good. The pool was nice and quiet. We really enjoyed our stay here and we will stay here again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We really liked our stay here, but I was impressed by a follow up call I received from Maria in Housekeeping. We thought we had left an item in the room a few weeks ago. She called to follow up and apologize they still have not located anything. I felt it was very considerate to take the time and call me again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The breakfest was one of the nicer complimentary ones we have had. Again, it's complimentary, so it's not going to be 5 starts, but it was good enough that we were able to stay in in the morning to relax instead of going out to hit a diner. Sometimes we bring breakfest food with us to store in the kitchen, but not for this trip. I gave the cleanliness of the room a lower mark, because when we checked in, although it did smell clean, the room have a very strong smell of whatever cleaning product was used. It did seemed to have dissapated when we returned later in the evening, whether on it's own or due to the air conditioning. Other than that the room was very clean, spacious (King Suite), and comfortable. Also, on the morning when I checked out, I had gone to my car which was parked close to the entrances near our room. I noticed that the cord to the blinds next to the door was "embedded" between the door & the door frame. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it was concerning that someone might be able to use that cord to keep the door ajar. Maybe something else should be used there to either prevent that (if it could be used in such a way) or just to prevent any potential guests' concerns. This was our 1st time at a Homewood Suite, and I would definately consider it again if there was one near ouy destination.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I chose this hotel because it was within 15 minutes for my commute. I was relocated for work within one week and now commute up to 1.5 hours each way - but I love this place and couldn't stand to leave. Close to fishing charters too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel

Address: 1585 Round Swamp Road, Plainview, NY 11803 (Formerly Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville)
Region: United States > New York > Long Island > Plainview
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Price Range: £135 - £270 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville Hotel Plainview