“Not one of the better Residence Inns”

Residence Inn Plainview Long Island
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Potomac, Maryland
“Not one of the better Residence Inns”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Pluses:
(1) small toddler play room and game room for older kids
(2) free dinner, not just appetizers as at other RIs.
(3) indoor pool

Minuses:
(1) Older hotel, poorly designed. Nowhere to stop when you want to drop off luggage, parking lot is way too small, some rooms (including ours) are a real hike from the elevator.
(2) Indoor pool is a lap pool, no useful for small children
(3) front desk staff hit or miss, some were young and inexperienced. One told me at 3:00 am that the nearest 24 hour pharmacy was 20 minutes away. Google maps said ten minutes, and at 3:00 am with no traffic, it was 4 minutes.
(4) Beds less comfortable than usual.

The breakfast was usual RI quality, except that each day we had to ask for fruit (apples, bananas), they were hidden.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My name is Scott and have been staying at this hotel for my business trips. Recently, my company started having another employee stay here and I asked Michael to put us in rooms that were close together. When we checked in, the rooms were within the same wing, which helped a lot. Michael and all of the staff have been wonderful for the time that I have been here.

• Stayed April 2014
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Hello, my name is Howard and being that NY is such a hot spot for visiting I felt the need to post this review and I hope that it helps. I have stayed at this hotel several times now due to the fact that I travel to NY for business. The customer service I have received has been amazing, especially from a gentlemen by the name of Mike. I receive a smile every time and he always greets me by name. I know that may not be a big deal to some but to me it makes me feel greeted and I like that feeling of family that Mike gives me every time and every day I walk through those hotel doors. The hotel service overall is very good and the food served is awesome and helps to keep business costs down for me as well. The only small gripe that I would have is that the parking arrangement isn't the greatest. Other than that I would give this place a big thumbs up! THANK YOU MIKE. ;O)

Room Tip: Make sure that you get here early (right after check in) to get a good parking spot. After that just...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The staff was just wonderful and everyone was so helpful. The quality of the food at the breakfast and dinner buffet was great. The rooms were clean and well laid out. I truly enjoyed my stay. I as here on business but my husband and I are thinking of staying here when we go to New York to visit relatives.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Huntingtown, Maryland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This property is deceiving. It looks very unassuming and actually dated but I was pleasantly surprized by the accommodations, the staff, the food and the overall character of this property. I have not been disappointed so far and have been here as part of a corporate relo for over 60 days. If your travels take you to this part of Long Island (or close) and you need spacious accommodations in a residential style hotel, I recommend the Residence Inn Plainview very highly. Pleasant travels are possible..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank William I
Alesund, Norway
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Me and my family stayed at this hotel in July 2013, and it was the most wonderful stay we`ve ever had. The rooms are big and have great standard.
The staff who worked there was helpful and very kind, and they gave excellent advise on where to go If we wanted to take a look around.
This was our first trip to the USA, and we are very pleased with the service we got on this hotel. The friendly receptionist who alway met us with a smile each morning, made us feel welcome. And we were treated on the best way ever.
We would love to stay at this hotel again If we go to USA another time.
It was clean and the rooms (the one we had) included a kitchen where we could make dinner If we wanted to. It also had a little fridge that made it possible to put ice cream in the heat.

The pool outside were, perhaps, a little to small. But the area was clean.

We really felt welcomed at this hotel.

Loved our stay!
Recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel every Christmas holiday for the last 10 years because it is such a welcoming and friendly place. The rooms are like efficiency apartments with a stove and refrigerator, a little dining area and mini living room. The hotel has washing machine which is good for us because we stay for over a week and allows us to pack less. Free breakfast every morning and a gym with new exercise equipment with individual TVs. Highly recommend for anyone staying for a few days.

Room Tip: I always chose a room on the first flooring the back as it is near the washing machine room and the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Four Points by Sheraton
Four Points by Sheraton
#3 of 6 in Plainview
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island

Been to Residence Inn Plainview Long Island? Share your experiences!