“Fantastic Staff and Hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Summerville, South Carolina
“Fantastic Staff and Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I booked this hotel for the night of my wedding. This will be the second time staying in this hotel. The staff is awesome and always willing to do the little things to make sure you are comfortable and satisfied. I worked with Alicia to block off rooms and it was effortless. The rooms are very nice and clean and the hotel is great. I would definitely book here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear bweiss55,

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! We are thrilled to have been the hotel of choice for your wedding night and you and your spouse are always welcome here in the future. Cheers to many years of happiness and thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel online.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
WORCESTER
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed for just one night. Check in was easy. Our room was good sized and clean. There was a mini fridge and microwave in the room. There is a nice bar/restaurant area downstairs. Decent size and they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. We ate breakfast and it was good. Check out was also easy. The property is right off the highway which makes it easy to get to, but then it doesn't make it accessible to walk to anyplace. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Travelbugsforlife,

Thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our services, amenities and location. Please come back and visit us again in the future.
Huntington Station, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We had our 30 year HS Reunion at the Four Points Sheraton. I was EXTREMELY disappointed in just about everything. Dessert was served WITH dinner (they put a few pre-sliced cheesecakes out next to the chicken francaise). The DJ was constantly yelled at by the staff. At the end of the night the bartender (who was also apparently IN CHARGE of the function) screamed at the DJ to turn off the music and would not allow him to say goodnight and thank you for coming. As I was the head of the reunion committee, I approached the "bartender/maitre d" to tell him that I would have appreciated the DJ saying goodnight to the crowd and thanks for coming. He began to yell at me! He told me my event was "OVER!" (It was now 12:02 AM). He also told me we only paid until 12:00 and we were to leave. We each paid $125 for this party - and some people were staying overnight as well. I would NEVER recommend anyone have a function at this awful place. There are much better places nearby to stay AND to have functions.
A little aside - before the event we ordered some snacks at the bar. The "Seared Ahi Tuna" appetizer was terrible. I should have known not to order fish anywhere other than a decent sushi or fish restaurant. As soon as I saw the color, I knew it would be bad. Took one bite and it was tough and chewy. It appeared to have been refrozen. Beware...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank LanetteJ
FP-PlainviewGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear LanetteJ,

Thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate you sharing it with us. I apologize that we fell short regarding our services.

When we book the events in our catering space, we always ask the person booking the event how they would like the food served. I know that you had a planner book this event for you, so you might want to speak with them as to what went wrong in the timing of the food.

In regards to the DJ, the only issue we had with the DJ was the volume of the bass that the speakers were producing. We asked him numerous times to lower the bass, not the volume as the noise was reverberating into guest rooms. The DJ proceeded to raise it when he was asked to lower it. The response we got from the DJ was unprofessional.

You mentioned that you paid $125 per person for the event. I encourage you to speak with your planner to address that issue. Our pricing is not even close to what you were charged. If you feel you overpaid, I will be happy to speak with you in regards to what was offered, and the pricing we charged the planner.

You mentioned you had Seared Ahi Tuna from our restaurant menu. We do not offer Seared Ahi Tuna on our menu. We offer Salmon and Tilapia as our seafood entrees.

If you would like to discuss, anything with me, please email me at mpapierno@fourpointsli.com

Regards,
Campbell Hall
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here because it was designated as the wedding hotel for a nearby wedding. I expected the usual Four Points quality but was disappointed by its worned carpets and tired bathrooms, continuously running toilet, skippy towels ( few in number as well), the candy counter look of the check-in desk and the old 50's look of the cafe/bar immediately to the left of check-in. There are only 2 levels - one which is down winding stairs into a 'basement' type level. Other wedding attendees were are this level and told us they felt they were in a basement. Our a/c had an old digital control which was very difficult to adjust because the numbers were not viewable. The TV remote had old batteries in it- couldn't change channels. The pool out back was just as worn and old. The hotel is off a very busy commercial road - we requested a quiet room and faced the back of the hotel on the first floor (the highest level) - unattractive view either side of the hotel. The website photos are deceiving.

good points - bed was comfortable, the staff welcoming and the parking seemed adequate for all check-ins. The back room was quiet. The day-after-the-wedding breakfast in the 'down-basement' level conference room was good.

I read the most recent reviews of this property and can't help but wonder what the previous reviewers used to make their comparisons on this property. Maybe over my decades of traveling, I've come to expect much more. Usually Four Points are modern and new and located within a landscaped business park. This place obviously didn't make the grade for us. Those wedding guests who had to stay at the nearby Hilton when the Four Points filled up, were very, very pleased that they were redirected there and told us that the Hilton was lovely.

Room Tip: facing back of hotel, highest level and further end of hallway - which is the first floor. Otherwise...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank p3navy
FP-PlainviewGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear P3Nay,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations and provide you with the experience you were expecting or desired.

We will keep your feedback and opinion in mind. I can and will assure you and other travelers that the Hotel continues to invest time and money back into the Hotel and throughout the property. For us advancement and progress are very important.

We currently have completed a complete renovation of our lobby, restaurant, and fitness center. We are currently working on our Banquet space, and it will be completed with in the next 30 days. Our rooms are scheduled to be renovated in the 1st quarter of 2014, five years from our last renovation. Our industry standard is 7 years.

Our hotel is a 3 story hotel with pool views on one side and garden views from the other. I have spoken to my staff in regards to insure that all amenities are in the rooms as they should be. I apologize for the towels you received during your stay.

I encourage our guests and potential guests to continue to see and ask us about the upgrades and advancements we have and will make. As I have said, investing resources back into the Hotel is paramount, and the Hotel’s owners and management team are doing just that on a regular basis.

Please email me directly if you have any questions, at mpapierno@fourpointsli.com

Regards,

MIchael Papierno
Mineola, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here about a month ago and picked this place because the price was decent and it looked nice from other reviews and pictures. Beautiful and big rooms, very clean and the staff was extremely nice. It was a short distance to any restaurants or stores in the area as well. Overall this hotel was extremely pleasant to stay at and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Crissy L,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Long Island. We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to host you again soon.
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

The weather was raining hard and we were ready to get in off the roads. We finally got to the Four Points by Sheraton, 333 South Service Road, Plainview- Long Island. Did not have to wait long to get checked in. The place was packed for the night because of weddings. After settling in we decided to have dinner with some friends t their restaurant. What a nice surprise, they did not rush us, food was really good, and before we knew it the time had passed. Would highly recommend the Hotel or just to go out to eat at their restaurant.

Room Tip: I always like staying on the first floor. This hotel has many rooms so your choice should be easy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Eugene F,

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and restaurant even though the weather was bad outside. We hope to host you again in the future and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the four points for a wedding in the area. The hotel was in good shape and the bed was very comfortable. Staff was accommodating. Overall, a very nice place to stay in thr plainview woodbury area.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
BEST WESTERN Woodbury Inn
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Melville Marriott Long Island
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville

Been to Four Points by Sheraton? Share your experiences!