“Great place, book ahead”

Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I am a regular Starwood traveler, and this Four Points is the best hotel I have stayed at in the area. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable to the area. Everything from the restaurant has been wonderful. The hotel gym has a few machines and dumbbells. There is a nice park with running trails just a block away. Note: it does seem to be booked two to three weeks in advance.

Enjoy your stay in Long Island.

Room Tip: I have never noticed the road noise, but it is close to the Interstate.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had my boyfriend stay with me overnight for his birthday and he absolutely loved it. The staff was friendly and helpful. They got to fullfill all my wants and needs. The bed was beyond comfortable. I would definitely recommend/stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Glendap22,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your boyfriend's birthday weekend at our hotel. Please feel free to join us for your next birthday as well!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed for four nights at the hotel and have mixed experiences overall.

The staff and management were just excellent, better than most five star hotels you visit. Everyone was very friendly, helpful and did their best at all times.

The bad side is the rooms on the front. The hotel is located less than 100yds from an expressway and major road. With the expressway being elevated this is the same level as the bedrooms. This together with poor, ancient double glazing and in the wall air conditioning means you are deafened day and night. The enormous trucks pound by right through the night and you dream you are being run over by an express train. When I asked to move this was quickly organised for me and after that was very happy.

To conclude avoid the rooms at the front at all costs and you'll be fine here. It's about time the owners put their hands in their pockets and did something about those front rooms as I don't think should have the nerve to offer them to customers.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This has been a regular stop when traveling to Long Island for business. Location, Location, Location. I have had rooms on both sides of this property. Yes the highway is right there, and for business the highway is right there. I have never had an issue with traffic noise. But if you do request a room on the other side.
The property has been doing renovations and they are great! The front desk staff has always done a good job for me, recently did a great job. They continue to improve and impress.
We had breakfast in the bar/lounge in the morning and were greeted by some very happy people and the cook had the buffet set up and really took pride in asking us how everything was. They were really busy that day also with events and still took a minute to take care of us. This is now and continues to be my first choice in accommodations.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. If occasional traffic noise bothers you request a room on the back side of...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Being a gold Starwood member I expected this to be another flawless stay at a SPG location (my first four points though). Boy was I wrong.

First room we stayed in was dirty, musky. Had to switch rooms the next day.

Upon checking in I was advised my service animal was fine and there were no additional charges or fees to bring her with me. Low and behold the next day I recieved a email from the manager advising of a $150 cleaning fee because I had a "pet" and he couldn't sell the room. Rest assured I'm filing a complaining with the ADA for bringing my "pet" and will be disputing with my credit company.

Not only was my first room dirty but then they charge you $150 to clean their dirty rooms. Avoid at all cost, there are better hotels in the area that dont try to surcharge every penny to scrape as much revenue as they can. Look into the holiday inn, marriot and Hilton across the streets.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Alanc4251
FP-PlainviewGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Alanc4251,

Upon check in, you never informed my Front Desk Manager that you were arriving with a service animal. With any guest with a service animal, we do not charge the guest for having their service animal at the hotel. However, upon inspection of your room, that the animal you brought in defecated all over the room. This required the hotel to put the room out of service on labor day weekend. The room needed a deep cleaning as well before we could sell it to another guest.

Based on various emails between the hotel and the guest. The guest's dispute centers upon a charge for room damages.

If you have any charges, please feel free to contact me at mpapierno@fourpointsli.com.

Regards,

Michael

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Four Points is the best hotel to stay, especially for out of town weddings. It is centrally located right off the LIE giving a lot of flexibility for both Nassau and Suffolk venues. Service at the front desk is prompt and friendly. SPG members enjoy reserved rooms with larger jacuzzi bathtubs. We had room service for both breakfast and dinner, food was very good and delivered within 30 minutes. Will return!

• Stayed: August 2013
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Melissa M,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel services, amenities and location. We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have been a regular at this hotel for the last nine months. The rooms are great, spacious and very quiet. The facilities are top notch (with the exception of the business center). Very nicely located.

But what makes this hotel stand out is the staff. Mike, Tina and Willie at the bar quickly welcome you like an old friend. The kitchen is great - extremely good food at good prices. The front desk is staffed be the nicest people ever who will always go that extra mile. Whether it is Sean or Katie during the day, Amanda or Tom in the evening or Keith late night, they are provide an extremely responsive and attentive service. The cleaning staff does and exceptional job and I have had them find items I did not realize I had lost.

I simply cannot say enough about the staff. I have been here over 100 nights this year Nd plan to continue to stay here as long as I am working in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite... and the basement rooms are the quietest without actually being underground. The b...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Eric T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our team members in your review. It means the world to them and we appreciate your continued business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Melville Marriott Long Island
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Hilton Long Island/Huntington

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island? Share your experiences!