“Very Good Location and Overall Value”

Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am glad I found this hotel for my travels on Long Island. It is located perfectly near the highway and it has nice new equipment in the fitness center as well as a decent restaurant. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear MDM1414,
We're happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and some of the great amenities we offer. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We received good and accomodating service from the front desk. My brother had called several times earlier in the week to confirm reservations and room types. Upon his check-in, they still had it all wrong, and in fact had cancelled his reservations. The rooms were clean and adequate. Breakfast in the bar was a pleasant suprise. There were several large parties staying at the hotel and were very loud...until 4AM on a Saturday night. We could everything going on in the hallways.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at this property last year...my husband's work paid for it as he was here for a meeting. We're back again this year for the same reason and thank goodness it's on their dime again. I certainly wouldn't choose this place. To be fair, last year our experience was fine. We had a room on the second floor, it was clean and bright. This year we are in the dungeon, a seemingly forgotten wing of the hotel in the basement (H floor). The room is dingy and dirty with stained carpet and a view of a concrete wall. The comforter and pillow cases were covered in random hairs.
Had dinner at the hotel restaurant/bar first night. Rude bartender took our order for overpriced bar food.
The hotel advertises a free shuttle that runs til 10 a.m. and picks up again at 5 p.m. It runs for a couple hours. Unfortunately if they decide to change those times they don't tell you until you go to arrange a pick up. I called to arrange a ride to the mall at 10 a.m. only to be advised that on that particular day they only had someone there til 9 a.m. I had to pay $24 for a cab. I arranged for pickup from the mall for 5:30. The front desk said the driver would call me at 5-ish to find out where to pick me up. At 5:20 still no call. Imagine my surprise to find out that no one was scheduled to get me.
Not a good experience at this hotel the second time around. Wouldn't recommend it. Fortunately it will be our last trip here as my husband's work is relocating their headquarters.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms seem to be more updated than "H" floor dungeon rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Sebastian'sMom,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay on Long Island. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations and provide you with the experience you were expecting or desired. We will keep your feedback and opinion in mind. I can and will assure you and other travelers that the Hotel continues to invest time and money back into the Hotel and throughout the property. For us advancement and progress are very important. We currently have completed a complete renovation of our lobby, restaurant, fitness center, and banquet space. Our rooms are scheduled to be renovated in the 1st quarter of 2015, five years from our last renovation. Our industry standard is 7 years. Our hotel is a 3 story hotel with pool views on one side and garden views from the other. I have spoken to my staff in regards to insure that all amenities are in the rooms as they should be. I apologize for the towels you received during your stay. In regards to my service in my restaurant, I apologize for the service you encountered during your stay. I have discussed this with my Food and Beverage Manager, I can assure you that it will be addressed accordingly. I encourage our guests and potential guests to continue to see and ask us about the upgrades and advancements we have and will make. As I have said, investing resources back into the Hotel is paramount, and the Hotel’s owners and management team are doing just that on a regular basis. Please email me directly if you have any questions, at mpapierno@fourpointsli.com

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Good place for a night. Not exactly a tourist hotel, but it was perfect for us for the one night that we had two contractors doing work in our apartment. The rooms were big, couch and king size bed. Hotel was newly renovated. Just a nicer standard hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My girlfriend and I were in the area for a wedding and had a wonderful stay here. The front desk staff was great, we were able to check in early, were offered help with our bags and were welcomed very warmly. The room was excellent, the bed was comfortable and soft, the TV was great, the bathroom was clean, everything really was quite excellent and well maintained. The hotel bar has a great selection of beers on tap and the breakfast was hot and delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel to people traveling to the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Andrew P,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent wedding weekend. We are happy to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed our property and we hope to have you back here soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We used Sheraton for our wedding guests and our wedding night. Thanks to Ray and Alicia we had a wonderful experience from start to finish! The rooms are amazing for the price( wish I wasn't so pooped on my wedding night to use the tub!). We also hosted a breakfast in a private dining area down stairs- it was fresh, hot AND Delicious! Top notch. If you want a memorable stay, ask for RAY! I would not hesitate to stay there anytime the need arose!

Room Tip: Every room is large and spacious- there is no bad room!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janine K
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Janine K,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We have shared your comments with our team and we would welcome you back for your anniversary!

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and reserved two rooms. Starwood messed up our reservation, but the front desk staff was very helpful with correcting the situation. The staff was genuinely friendly.

Our rooms were exactly as expected... clean and comfortable. The rooms seem more spacious than the average suburban hotel room. They seem recently updated.

The breakfast staff is hard working and friendly. One gentleman made me oatmeal on request. The breakfast area/restaurant is a bit small, but it didn't really bother me.

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear jessicashirah,

Thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and our restaurant, Super's Cafe. We look forward to having you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Melville Marriott Long Island

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island? Share your experiences!