We recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding at Larkfield Manor in Northport solely because the bride/groom had organized a shuttle between this hotel and the wedding venue. They also paid for the hotel bar to stay open late for their guests (although we didn't go to the bar) after returning from the reception. We arrived at 5:00PM and the shuttle was not ready to go. They needed more people in order to depart. We checked in, dropped our bags, used the toilet went back to the shuttle within 15 minutes and as we got on, we were turned away, being told it was now full and we'd have to wait almost an hour (30 minutes for that shuttle to get to the venue and 30 minutes for it to return.) They would not let us on. Only one shuttle being offered. The staff said the problem was an accident that was causing delays. Anxious about missing the cocktail hour, we were told we could call a taxi, but it would take 30 minutes for it to get there and it would cost $60 - the hotel would not be paying for it, we would. Not getting us there any faster, we opted to wait for the shuttle. When the shuttle had still not returned at the suggested time, another guest who was waiting for the shuttle gave up and decided to drive to the venue himself and offered us a ride to the venue, which took us only about 20 minutes. There was absolutely no sign of a car accident on our way. Because of the problems waiting for the shuttle, we arrived at the cocktail hour at 6:50PM - with less than 10 minutes remaining- and were told that we were to move to the larger room because the cocktail hour was over. We literally had only a few bites to eat. Several others missed the cocktail hour completely because they were still waiting for the shuttle to return to pick them up. So, essentially, the bride and groom paid for the cocktail hour for numerous guests who didn't even get to enjoy it. VERY VERY disappointed. After the reception, instead of waiting for the shuttle we opted to instead drive with the gentleman who was kind enough to give us a ride to the venue. When we got to the hotel, we were told that they had just sent out a second shuttle to accommodate the line of guests waiting to be picked up at the venue. Very bad management, customer service and organization. DO NOT depend on this hotel's shuttle service if you are planning to use it for a wedding. Extremely disappointed not only for ourselves but for the bride and groom who put so much effort into making this a good experience for everyone. I don't have the heart to tell them how disappointing the hotel's service was so I'm posting a review here to warn others who might potentially use the hotel for this purpose.
The hotel itself was clean and quiet with decent size rooms. They provided us with a roll away bed at request, but only after suggesting they were not really allowed to give us one since we already had two queen beds in the room. But we were traveling with a toddler and wanted him to use the roll away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island is centrally located minutes from Melville area businesses, a short drive from Long Island shopping and entertainment, and a perfect break on a trip to the Hamptons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Plainview Long Island Hotel Plainview
- 4 Points By Sheraton Plainview Long Island
- Sheraton Plainview Long Island
- Four Points Plainview
- Plainview Sheraton
- Plainview Four Points