I stayed at the Four Points Plainview recently to be in proximity to a night out with friends. Overall the hotel was pretty nice, only one complaint and a few little annoyances.
My complaint arises from the staff member who checked me into the hotel. She was very short & to the point in her responses, speaking quickly as if to just move me away from the desk and into the room. I tried to ask her for a room on a higher floor as it's a personal preference, and was told they'd already held a room on the main level for me. Had she looked in the computer to see what was available and then told me they couldn't make the switch I wouldn't have been as annoyed, but her answer came with no attempt to accomodate, almost as if she was programmed to give this response instantly. My second request was for a late checkout. I was given a one hour extention, but she was a bit perturbed that I'd asked for this. As an SPG member I'd like to think that simple requests would be met with a little more desire to please. In all fairness I should note that any other staff members I met were extremely friendly.
Once this initial interaction was finished, my stay was pretty enjoyable. Albeit on the first floor, my room was labelled an SPG member room and was quite spacious for a standard one. Plenty of floor space complete with a king bed, couch, chair/ottoman, dresser, tv, fridge & microwave. The bathroom was plenty big & came with some pretty nice ammenities. Water pressure was good in the room & they even gave a complimentary bottle of water which was a nice little touch.
The little annoyances I referred to earlier stemmed from the lack of tv channels and the awkwardness of the pillows. There were about 15 channels to choose from, not a lot of variety in this day & age even for a hotel. As for the pillows, basically they give you two long narrow pillows that were for lack of a better way to put it, pretty mushy, then they give you two big square pillows that are a bit firmer. The difference in shape made it difficult to get comfortable in this bed, but once settled in I slept ok.
For the price & what's given I would certainly recommend the Four Points to anyone staying in the area. They give you alot for the money, and the location is very convenient for the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Four Points by Sheraton Plainview Long Island is in the heart of the business district, and a perfect break on a trip to the Hamptons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Plainview Long Island
- Four Points By Sheraton Plainview Long Island Hotel Plainview
- Sheraton Plainview Long Island
- Four Points Plainview
- Plainview Sheraton
- Plainview Four Points