“Great food, service, staff, location, beautiful decor.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island

Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
New York
“Great food, service, staff, location, beautiful decor.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

What a wonderful and pleasant stay. The room was spotless and modern. Beds are very comfortable. The hotel was recently renovated and it shows! Beautiful lobby, bar/restaurant. Conveniently located to the Long Island Expressway(495). Front desk staff and everyone I encountered was friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I especially enjoyed the bar with Lynn(days) and Christine(nights) who were amazing, and personable. They both went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcomed. They have a great happy hour Monday- Friday with a good selection of half price food and drinks. Max in the restaurant offered impeccable service and great food. I would highly recommend this hotel. All around great value. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I will be sure to share your words with the Staff as we work very hard to make sure every guest has an enjoyable stay. Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed that this property a couple of weeks ago and can't say enough about it. The Hotel has definitely gone through a recent renovation, the rooms are clean, new and extremely comfortable. I think what made this a truly great experience is the Staff. EVERYONE I encountered was happy and smiling...service was spot on. The breakfast buffet was a real pleasant surprise as well and had alot to choose from for the price. This is definitely the place to stay in the area and by far the best value I have seen in a long time!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your kind words. Myself and my Staff are sincerely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I hosted a large party here for my wife's 40th birthday.
First the caterers....
They were fantastic. They took the time needed to go over each and every detail with me. They instilled confidence that my guests would leave satisfied from the food and beverages. The ballroom was amazing and recently renovated. The food was great and the bartenders were fast and courteous. This is the place to book your next event as without a doubt, you will get a value that is second to none in this area.
The rooms....
The front desk was super nice. Never had any issues. They always greeted me coming and going. The rooms look new and renovated. I would put them on par with a W or Hilton. Super clean which is very important to me.
Thanks you all of you for helping make my party a success and I so glad I chose your property!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank ToddNewYork_NY
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. I am so happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and that your wife's birthday party was a huge success. We look forward to the opportunity to host another of your special events in the future.
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We booked an executive suite for an overnight. Nothing special in that room versus any other room, however, In our "suite" the armour was missing half of the harware, so that you couldnt even open the bottom drawer unless you could pry it open with your fingertips. When we woke up the next morning, after a long night, we find that our shower has no hot water. We call concierge, and tell us that maintenance will be up to fix it. 20 min later we call again, in which they tell us that he is working on it, but it could take up to an hour longer. The male employee then states, that we can get another room key from him if we'd liek to shower somewhere else. My husband states that this is unacceptable not to have hot water, in which the employee responds " It happens". Not an apology, or an offer to come drop off a key for another room, so we dont have to trample through the hotel/lobby in our pajamas, and morning appearance. We did get another room with a shower, but when we approached the lobby, the man again said "it happens, and never apologized or offered any type of remedy other than showering in another room. Which he then had the audacity to say was an "acceptable solution". Solution..yes, acceptable no! What would have been acceptable is offering to bring us the key and apologizing on behalf of the Holiday Inn, perhaps even offering a complementary breakfast. Instead he hands us the managers business card, and says if you have an issue you can call him (the gm). My husband calls, leaves a voicemail, asking to call back. Never returned the call. Completely disgusted with room, service and amentites, for approx 300.00/night

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Erica Z
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your concerns. I do apologize for the issue that you experienced. As was explained to you there was an issue with the hot water circulation pump from our boiler to to your room. Although this was indeed an issue that we could not control, our Engineering Department did immediately work on repairing the problem. I have spoken to the Front Desk Agent to show more apathy in the future in the event a similair situation presents it self. Although he did offer the only solution possible based on yor time frame to shower in a near by room, perhaps he could have showed more concern. In closing, I did receive a voicemail from your husband, who left only a first name...no room number or contact number. If you feel you would like to discuss this issue futher please feel free to contact me directly.
Carmel, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I traveled here on business. Rooms were nice and clean, elevators are not conveniently located so if you have a lot of bags be prepared to haul them up the stairs. WiFi didn't connect in room near sitting area, only near door. Staff is friendly, and restaurant is nice for dinner or breakfast. Like I said great place for the money.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Ronald H,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Thank you again for your comments.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and comfortable.the staff was helpful and courteous . But the hotel is forgettable. The elevator was not located in a convenient place so the stairs are basically the only option. I wish the windows didn't look out into the hall way some natural light would have been nice without everyone walking by being able to look into my room. Also the AC was loud and in efficient.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Die989,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. We would like to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I were in town to visit relatives and we had a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn Plainview. Everyone was so nice and very accommodating. The GM Chris even made sure to stop and say "Hello" to us when we checking-in and checking-out. You can tell he really cares about the service in the hotel which was refreshing to see. One of the nights we had a enjoyable evening at the bar with friends and family. Ken the bartender was awesome!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dawn w
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Plainview. I will be sure to share your kind words with Ken, as well as, the rest of our Staff.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Four Points by Sheraton
Four Points by Sheraton
#3 of 6 in Plainview
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
BEST WESTERN Woodbury Inn
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
No photo provided

Been to Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island? Share your experiences!