“Great service. Good Quality, comfortable and convenient.”

Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Glenview
“Great service. Good Quality, comfortable and convenient.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel makes a perfect base for visiting grandchildren in nearby Huntington, Long Island, The staff were very welcoming and helpful, in particular the front desk people Kunai Patel, Francisco Torres and Brian Adams. Rebecca Levy in the mornings at the restaurant was the best. Thank you all!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear ardoyne,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our Hotel and Staff. We are extremely lucky to have such a great staff. I appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you are on Long Island visiting your grandchildren.

Kristopher W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived on Friday. Check in was quick and easy. Arrived at our room (handicapped equipped) and was extremely happy. Everything works, bathroom was clean, bed was comfy, and and room was spacious. The pool was fabulous and the cleaning person (Marguerite) was very thorough. The only complaint was the fact that we were never offered free tickets for the restaurant for breakfast. We will stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on first floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Vicky S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us We greatly appreciate your positive feedback about your visit. I will be sure that Margarita is properly recognized for making your stay even more comfortable. I would also like to mention that we do offer rates that do include breakfast, at a great value. Please be sure to look into this option on your next visit with us, until than stay well.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed for three nights at the Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island. It seems as if they built a hotel around an old motel - very odd layout. The room we stayed in was large, but it had no window to the outside. Rather it has a window that leads to a hallway that was not well vacuumed..... I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant - the food was decent but it was not clear who was our waiter and service was sluggish. The bar was better -- nice ambiance. I tried to use the ice maker but it was broken. The hotel room itself was well appointed..... but this hotel sits on the LI Expressway and there is literally nothing in walking distance. Breakfast did not start until after 7am so I needed to drive out to Dunkin Donuts each morning for food..... I would not recommend this hotel. . . There is a pool but it was not private and nobody seemed to use it. I doubt that I will return.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room that has an external window.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear MontealMan49,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay. Our Staff works very hard to exceed all of our guest expectations and it appears that there were shortfalls in your case. Bistro 46 opens for breakfast at 6:30AM daily, Monday thru Friday and at 7AM Saturday and Sunday. Our service in the Restaurant is team service meaning you have a front and back waiter, this is done in an effort to afford our guests better quality service. I have looked into your issue with the ice machine as we had no reports of any issues with them. Our pool is located in our courtyard and is always a guest favorite. Depending on the time of week you are here the pool use varies, during the week days it gets used less as the majority of our guests are business travelers and during the weekend the majority of our guests are leisure travelers thus there is more pool use. I have spoken to our Housekeeping Department as well, as cleanliness is a top priority here. Our hallways are vacuumed numerous times throughout the day, but be assured that we are keeping a better eye on them. One of the biggest draws to our Hotel is our location. We are centrally and conveniently located between two major highways, which allows easy access to all of what Long Island has to offer. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and have a great day.

Kristopher W.

Travellers are raving about these Plainview hotels

Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
Reviewed 20 July 2014

great place to stay in LI. close to everything.
New hotel and it looks like they stuff are trying to keep it like this.
Great welcome.
Nice rooms (with safe!)
Quite.
Large parking
On the 495.
What can you ask more?

I like it.
5 star is it.

Room Tip: Just come. Its the best in the area!
1 Thank Rafael K
Dear Rafael,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your great comments about our Hotel. Our Team works extremely hard to exceed all of our guests expectations and I am so happy to see that we were able to do just that during your recent stay with us. I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here because we needed a central place on LI that would be convenient to Huntington, Plainview, and Syosset and the location of this hotel couldn't have been better, being literally right between both the LIE and the Northern State. The staff was always helpful and accommodating, the pool and pool area were convenient, clean and well maintained, as was the rest of the property. We had two rooms, both on the 2nd floor and were happy with the wifi and the mini fridges in the room. My mom needs to return back to LI for a class reunion in August and will be seriously considering this hotel as an option, despite the fact that there are other hotels significantly closer to the reunion site.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room overlooking the pool were nice and had easy access to the parking lot.
Dear Derky17,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely hope to see you and your Mom again in August.

Regards,
Joppa, Maryland
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I traveled from Maryland for her to attend a workshop given by Pat Longo; a well known medium and psychic. The room (on the first floor) was well suited for our needs for one night; however, more noise and loud conversations continued outside of our room for most of the night. We understood that the workshop and other events that took place on the first floor contributed to the noise level; making our decision to not stay at that hotel again unless noise is not a factor.

Room Tip: Try to get on the 2nd floor and higher.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Timamu2009,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Our Hotel has a very strict noise policy, when an issue is reported to us by a guest or observed by a staff member or security officer it is quickly addressed. I am disappointed that this was not the case with your incident, as we of course hold guest comfort as our top priority. I certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future, should you be in our area.

Kristopher Weich
Canaan, New Hampshire
Reviewed 1 July 2014

What a dump. Wow. Great example of a 1960's motel never upgraded. Rooms are on multiple corridors, even on one side, odd on the other, with room windows into facing the hallways...great for voyeurs. Systems are antique, at best. I haven't seen rooms without cooling controls in many years. Spent a very hot uncomfortable night.

The bath was even worse, with towels that could have been used in the Spanish inquisition as torture devices.

Beds were so soft that my back hurts hours after my amazing uncomfortable night. I should have slept in the rental car, which had better comfort and vastly better cooling.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear AndyV2011,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I was certainly very disappointed to say the least about your comments. We are very proud of our Hotels recent complete renovation and for receiving the Intercontinental Hotel Group Renovation of the Year Award for the efforts made. All of our rooms are completely new and updated and each room does in fact have individual climate controls; we would have been more than happy to assist you in setting a comfortable temperature.

I do apologize if you found our mattress to be too soft for your liking and for your displeasure with your towels. Our towels are to standard with all Holiday Inn hotels, but be assured I will share your feedback with IHG.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kristopher Weich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Four Points by Sheraton
Four Points by Sheraton
#3 of 6 in Plainview
Melville Marriott Long Island
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville

Been to Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island? Share your experiences!