“It was ok.”

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
rochester,ny
“It was ok.”
Reviewed 9 July 2010

They way they make this place look is all neat and tidy and new. That is not the case. The building is older and not in the best shape. It was close to where we needed to be for the wedding. The rehearsal dinner was even at the rest. right in the parking lot that joins w/ the hotel. All in all, for the price we paid for two nights, 151.00 us dollars it was ok. I never got a chance to use the pool but was glad there was one there and it was outside which was nice. I would go back for sure since it is the cheapest place around. The breakfast was nice to have if you just want a bagel or eng. muffin. out of 10 we would give it a 7. The free internet was great and it had a lot of channels on the tv. The ac worked great since it was hot out that was wonderful. When we pulled in we weren't too thrilled but by the end... we lived and it was a lovely trip. thanks. the staff was great.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We have always enjoyed staying here! Choice of different size rooms. Pool in season . I saw mostly minorities working there. They had cont breakfast. It was a Greyhound?tyrailways stop. I was happy there . Close to Restaurants and mall.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank butchgo43
lebanon
Reviewed 24 May 2010

This place was sooo dirty, bugs on the floor and walls, hair in the bed and bathroom, the room smelled. Did not get the room i booked, and was down graded, and would not do anything about it. The Manager was no Manager at all, don't think she knew how, Sleep in your car before you stay in this bug infested Slum Hole. Dont do it read some of these reviews and beleave them they are true. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank storm210
abviplattsburghny, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that you didn’t enjoy staying at our establishment.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness which they are required to maintain as our employees.

• The manager received additional training in the proper way to manage our establishment. She also received additional training in the courteous way in which she is to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Jaspal Kang

Travellers are raving about these Plattsburgh hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Be very wary! 1st time we stayed (2 years ago) the room was dark & gross. The second time I tried to stay, they lost my reservation & told me the hotel was then full! I spoke to 3 different people at the hotel and none of them could find my reservation even though I did have a confirmation number from the hotel (and of course they also said the manager was unavailable)! I know, I should have learned my lesson the first time, but due to it being the last day of college (this hotel is in a college town & I only stay there while visiting my college kid) all the other hotels had already been sold out this time. Now I know to look for rooms very early just to avoid this place at any cost.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank travelers90
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh for your recent stay in our area. I hope you had a wonderful visit with your college kid.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken.

• Maintenance staff was contacted and instructed to see what they could do to concerning making the lightening in the rooms brighter.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Management and registration staff received additional training in how to register our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh. I think you will be greatly pleased.

nyc
Reviewed 10 April 2010

This hotel was recommended by a colleague. My colleagues and I stayed at the hotel and was treated horribly from the time we walked in. This pregnant woman who I later found out was the manager was very nasty and rude. After speaking to several of the other guest. They stated the woman was nasty to everyone especially her black employees.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank bgoldstein2006
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry that you and others were not treated with the courtesy which we expect our employees to show to our valued guests.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The manager received additional training in the courteous way in which she is to treat our valued guests.

• The manager received additional training in the courteous way in which she is to treat our valued employees.

Burt, NY
Reviewed 27 February 2010

I booked this hotel and just found that they charged my account before I even got there. They are very uncooperative about taking the charge off. Not only that they do not even have my reservation or confirmation #. The person I spoke with was very rude and would not let me speak and kept talking over me. My reservation was for next weekend.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank charbar1985
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh for your upcoming stay in our area.

I am very sorry about the problem you’ve had with your registration. The matter is being looked into.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps have been taken:

• The management staff and registration staff received additional training in the proper way to register our valued guests.

• The management staff and registration staff received additional training regarding the courtesy with which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that when you stay at Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh, you will find that your problems have been satisfactorily dealt with and that you are treated with the courtesy which you should have received from the very beginning. I think that after the steps we took upon receiving your review, your treatment will be very different than what you have received up to this point and that you will be greatly pleased.

Glens Falls NY
Reviewed 8 February 2010

When we got to the hotel everything seemed fine, The front desk area was clean and the night auditor was nice BUT when we got to our door we couldn't get it to unlock after two trips to the front desk and two new keys that still wouldn't open the door they sent a maid down to see what the problem was another 30 minutes and we were finally in our room. YIPEE!!!!
The rooms are big and everything in the bedroom area worked fine
The bathroom was another story.... I dislike showers and was so looking forward to a long hot relaxing soak in the tub.... Guess what happrned? No long relaxing soak, The tubs stopper didn't work, it was broken, no way to keep water in the tub. I was stuck with taking a shower. The towels are a joke. No bath towels, their version of a bath towel is my version of a hand towel. the bath towels are the same size as their hand towels.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the night auditor to be nice.

• The maintenance staff was instructed to look into the matter of why the key didn’t work properly for the room which was assigned to you And to make sure that it is working properly.

• The maintenance staff was instructed to look into the matter of the broken stopper in the tub of the room assigned to you and to see to it that it is repaired.

• The housekeeping staff received additional training in seeing to it that the towels etc. in the rooms are the proper sizes.