“Really good!!”

Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Tibetan, Nepalese, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Homestyle comfort food from the Himalayas. Gluten and Vegan friendly.
Indiana, PA
“Really good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This is our second trip to Plattsburgh but unfortunately this place was closed the first time we visited. Wow am I glad it was open this time! Food, atmosphere, and presentation are very authentic. The staff is wonderful. Delicious and cooked to order, so it may take a moment but worth every moment. If I could give 6 stars, I would! Highly recommend.

2 Thank Luv2dryv

Morristown, New Jersey, USA
“Something really different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is not a steak and seafood joint. It is an adventure into unknown (for me) culinary territory. The food is spicy, fresh and interesting. Lots of well prepared veggie dishes for those looking to find a place for their vegan friends. You definitely need some coaching before ordering - which the server is happy to provide. I was surprised to find a place like this in Plattsburgh. It definitely has the Burlington look (or even Montreal or New York). It's worth a try!

• Visited June 2014
Plattsburgh, New York
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had dinner before the theater. The menu was interesting with both Bhutanese and Nepali dishes. The food did not disappoint! Delicious!!! Fresh and well prepared! The owner is also a server and can guide the uninitiated (as I was) through the choices. Wine choices were limited, but the wines were very good and very inexpensive, as was the entire meal. The fish curry had wild line caught salmon, any desired level of spice and delicious side dishes of pickled carrots and dal (lentils). The home made roti (bread) was superb. Will definitely be back!!

• Visited June 2014
Moira, New York
“Amazing evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I went to Himalaya last night. We arrived almost immediately after they opened, and we were the first customers of the night. I recommend that strategy to everyone! Because we were the only customers, we had the undivided attention of the owner, who was also our server. She explained all the food options and, upon our urging, made recommendations. When our food arrived, she taught us how her family eats the foods to maximize the flavor experience.

We started with the momos. We had four chicken, four beef. The owner helped us make a sauce mixture to dip them in, and advised us to take a small bite off the end and suck the juices out of the beef momos. INCREDIBLE! Next time, I'd do all beef and skip the chicken. The chicken was good, but the beef was off the charts amazing (they use all local raised, organic beef). I honestly don't remember the names of the entrees we ate, but again, the owner taught us how her family eats the dishes and we were not disappointed. She also had a few minutes to talk to us about her culture, how her restaurant came to be, and her experiences in the North Country. When eating at her restaurant, you're eating the recipes the owner and her husband's families ate in their native countries. These are the real deal.

Portion sizes were generous. I left with almost half of my dinner in a box (I ate too many momos), and we left for under $50.

I think some people are apprehensive about trying this restaurant because they are unfamiliar with the cuisine style. This is definitely worth a try! Lots of curries, peppers, cumin, anise... on really high-quality meats and vegetables. We couldn't have been more pleased. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited May 2014
Plattsburgh, New York
“Just moved home to the area, glad to have a great place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We recently moved back to the area. One of the things we had accepted in deciding to move to the North Country is that our options for eating out would be significantly limited- especially after living near NYC, Philly, New Orleans and Phoenix. We don't eat out often but it's nice to have enjoyable places to eat when we do. We went on a weekday evening, we were already hungry but if we hadn't been so, we would have after entering. We were greeted and seated quickly. The menu had gluten free options clearly marked and no one blinked an eye when I asked about the options. We had a hard time deciding what to choose because everything on the menu sounded good. I love the fact they use organic/grassfed/local options!

We saw other dishes come out at other tables and found ourselves wishing to just order one of everything and sample it all! We made our choices and patiently waited. The woman who served us explained it would take time as everything is made when ordered- which doesn't bother me at all, I prefer freshly prepared meals.

Our food was worth the relatively short wait. We expected it to take longer actually. It was served hot. My husband ordered his spicy. He said it was really right on for heat level. I asked for medium spiciness and mine was perfect for me. We were happy with the portion size, the service and the food. We are looking forward to the next time we go so we can try other dishes!

• Visited May 2014