“great staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Plattsburgh
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I've been staying at La Quinta Plattsburgh for years. Recently renovated, the hotel is clean and reasonably quiet. Breakfast has variety (but could stand a bit more fresh fruit). Fridges in the rooms are a bit noisy but I like that most rooms have a fridge and microwave. wifi included. Staff is fantastic. Always pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were in town for a wedding and chose this hotel at a coworkers recommendation. She has stayed at several of the hotels right off the highway and likes LaQuinta best. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel appeared to be full. My husbands one complaint was the seating for the continental breakfast. With the large number of guests at the hotel, there was very little seating or room to move around. We heard several guests say that they would just eat elsewhere. This was unfortunate as the perk of a breakfast being included in the price is one of the reasons that people chose this hotel. Bottom line, I would return to this hotel if I was staying in town again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We come to this hotel yearly and are usually satisfied with the accommodations, the service and the way that we are treated. Hence the reason that we come back. However, this time, we arrived early in the afternoon on a Sunday (receptionist not busy with anyone else) and she was on the verge of being rude. We asked to check our room and this seemed to be an unrealistic demand, really!!! Went to the room, mattress was spongy soft, we both have bad backs, so we went back to the receptionist and asked for another room. She informed us that all the mattresses were changed as of a year ago. Be that as it may..... some mattresses hold their firmness longer... I work for Simmons ( a manufacturer of mattresses). Anyhow this got settled and we received another room. She never asked us if we needed anything else, whether we were comfortable... etc. This lady should get another job, cause customer service is not her strong suit. Asked for additional towels.... again a big deal, towels for the pool were practically thrown at me. really... I guess this person forgets that I pay her salary.... However, on the plus side other than this unpleasant person, all the remaining staff that we dealt with were delightful. The Hotel really does need a makeover in the worst case. Paint in the hallways are drab and need refreshing. Carpets seemed to be stained. Rooms are dreary, how about some color and new decorations. Pool area needs to be re freshened too.. On the plus side I used the gym was very satisfied with the machines. Buffet breakfast is skimpy, ran out of bagels at 8:30 a.m. on a Monday and except for some unripe bananas their was no other fruit available. Waffle machines work but the Teflon on the griddle part has been worn out and the waffles stick all the time.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel, then you will get good service and rooms from the 21st century.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We find this hotel to be an excellent place to stay for the price range if the breakfast area was increased to sit more then a few people at a time and that they would fix there pool shower ( been not working for at least 2 years that I have been going there) and keep the Jacuzzis and pool clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Sunday nite. Clean comfortable place to stay. Not 5 stars but nice. Elevator is clunky and slow. Ice on 2nd and 3rd floors only. Hot tub broken but they are gonna fix it! Family free for all at the free breakfast. Plenty of other relaxing places to have breakfast nearby!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I negotiate group hotel contracts for a living, so I am very brand orientated and am familiar with most hotel chains and their standards. I swore that I would never stay in a La Quinta Inn due to having many bad experiences working with their employees in the past. I had never stayed at one before, but I've contacted probably about 10 different hotels of this brand in the past few years and each time the employees were rude and very unfriendly so I swore I would never stay at one. Obviously I know that not every employee across the country would be like that, but I just was appalled at how many times in a row that I had received horrible customer service. I'm not a hard person to please and usually enjoy most hotels that I visit.

I was going to a concert on July 16 in the Plattsburgh area and by the time I decided to look for a hotel there were very, very few options still available. This hotel had the best reviews out of all the hotels still available (only like 2 or 3). I decided I would suck it up and give it a try.

The hotel was in a very convenient location, right off the highway. It was actually very updated and very comfortable. The front desk lady who checked us in (it was like 11pm) was very friendly. The beds were really comfortable and the walls were thick enough that you really couldn't hear your neighbors. The hotel did offer free continental breakfast and they had an indoor pool and fitness center too.

The only complaint I really have is that there really isn't enough parking in the parking lot. We got there late and every single spot was taken. We ended up parking in a spot that we probably shouldn't have but there literally was no other open space.

Overall it was a very decent stay and may have altered my opinion somewhat on the La Quinta Brand.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Traveling through Plattsburgh just needed a bed for the night. Had stayed at La Quinta Hotels out west so gave it a try. Found staff indifferent and hotel very noisy. Kids running up and down the halls screaming at 10:30 pm certainly the fault of their parents not the hotel, but also I could hear what sounded like a herd of elephants in the floor above me. Place not built with good sound insulation. Also found garbage in the room from guests the night before. Next I am driving through Plattsburgh I will probably try the Comfort Suites just down the road and right off Exit 37. A little more $, but quite nice. Also features adjoining Perkins restaurant so a real breakfast is within 200 feet. Also adjoining is the lovely Plattsburgh Brewing Company, featuring local microbrews.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business