“cheap lodging more money to spend in the stores...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Plattsburgh
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My regular hotel while staying overnight in Plattsburg
Always clean, comfortable with free breakfast
My only complaint about this hotel is that the breakfast area is very small makes it very crowdy in the morning when hotel is full

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brigitte156

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel was clean and the interior was very nice. The staff was very friendly. We had a suite on the 3rd floor. The suite was large and had a king bed and a seperate living room. Both rooms had a flat screen tv. There is a microwave and mini-fridge in the living room. The couch is a pull out sleeper. The suite had 2 full bathrooms. It is a very wierd layout. The suite has 2 entry doors from the hallway, and they both go through the bathrooms. The only way to enter the suite is through the bathrooms. The bathrooms are large, but just be aware if you are using the sink and someone is entering the suite if you need privacy. There is a door for the tub and toilet. I did not rate this hotel higher for 3 reasons. First, the walls are paper thin and the floor is no better. We stayed for 2 nights and the noise level was noticeable. Second, there is only 1 elevator, a small one at that. Three people with luggage is about all that can fit. This hotel has 4 stories, it needs another elevator. Third, breakfast was sparse and cramp. There was only 1 waffle iron with a very long line. The other options were boiled eggs, yougert, dry pasteries and cereal. The coffee was awful. The breakfast area is very small, way too small for the hotel size. All in all, I would stay here again, but these issues need to be addresses.

2  Thank Beckyone
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here overnight while visiting the Clinton County Fair and I will definitely be looking at this chain in other cities we travel to. If this one is any indication of others in this chain, it was a great value. The location was very central, the room was very clean and the bed very comfortable., a/c was quiet and worked well. Lobby and breakfast area were very clean.

If there were any cons to the stay, they were that we did not go to the free breakfast because they stop serving it too early. We were there mid-week and apparently on weekends it is served for an hour longer, but we were not there on business, but rather a vacation day to take in the concert at the Fair and we did not want to have to rush for breakfast, so that was a bit disappointing, and while I neard it was good, I could not say first-hand.

The other minor detail, which normally I would not have even noticed, but for the first time, I happen to forget to pack my shampoo and body lotion and there were no little bottles in the room, as there usually are. No big deal and I am sure I could have asked at the desk but it wasn't the end of the world, just made me take notice. Free wi-fi connected immediately.

I would definitely recommend this hotel in this area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pawpals16
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is the first time that I stayed at a La Quinta. I was looking at other hotel and my boyfriend suggested La Quinta because it looked nice and clean. I am glad we did. It was clean and inexpensive. It was also centrally located to all the places we wanted to visit. The hotel staff were friendly. The bed was comfortable and clean. The only complaint that I had was the air conditioner kept shutting off automatically at night and I would wake up sweating and had to turn it back on. It was on a motion sensor, which didn't make sense. I did not say anything, but probably should have. The breakfast area was very small, could not get into the area to get food. Waiting line to make waffles. We would only have coffee and we ate out to a restaurant because we wanted a hot breakfast. anyway other than that, I was happy with my stay.

Room Tip: it had 4 floors. we stayed on the 4th floor across from the elevator which was surprisingly quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank natties1mom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've been staying here for a few years now, it's always up to par ! never a disappointment. Close to many practical business, bank, shopping, food, booze, etc... Friendly environement, clean, I love the yellow building :) The only little thing, is breakfast... not enough to choose and never enough place to sit, but it's a 5 min walk to Friendly's.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I love la quinta hotels. Every time I plan a trip I search for the closest La quinta hotel.I stayed at the one in Plattsburg last night. The price was good. The room was exactly as expected and seemed clean enough. Everything in the room worked. The breakfast was awful though! White bagels,waffles, juice, fruitloops! NO FRUIT and NO YOGURT! apparently there was yogurt earlier, but I missed it. I would definitely stay here again, but I wish la quinta would try to offer healthy options for breakfast.

Room Tip: It can be a long wait time to use the elevator, first floor is very loud and busy. I think second fl...