“Friendly & clean, a great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Plattsburgh

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Plattsburgh
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Plattsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I needed to be in Plattsburg to assist family so I was not at the hotel much. The Microtel fit my needs well ... clean and at a good price. I booked for 2 nights and easily added a third. Staff was very friendly. I was in the room next to the breakfast area and although others have noted noise issues from nearby rooms, I was not bothered by any noise. I did have the AC unit fan on, but not constantly. The last morning I slept 'til 9 AM ... heard no one at breakfast, nor any of the cars leaving the full parking lot outside my first floor window! One night I could smell smoke in my room so I called the front desk. The response was polite and the staff person (Ryan I think) must have found the source quickly because the smell did not linger very long (I did turn on the bathroom fan for awhile as the smell may have come through that vent somehow?? Breakfast suits me well ... coffee was great and food options were fine for my needs. I will stay at the Microtel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Ryan M, Operations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at the Plattsburgh Microtel! I am glad to know that we were able to exceed your expectations during your time with us. Although there will be occasions where our staff's intervention is needed (in the case of someone smoking in the hotel), we strive to address such matters quickly and effectively to prevent them from ruining anyone's stay. I'm happy that I was able to catch the smoker with your assistance and put a stop to it before it disturbed any of our other guests.

Thank you once again for your review and for alerting us to an issuie before it became a nuisance! We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay on your next trip into the area.
Plattsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We asked on checkin about a coffee maker in room and they said there was not one in that room, because of 2 queen beds. I am confident that they probably had one that they could have provided if a guest asked for one. My wife also left a pair of pajamas in the room and I called back to inquire if they had found them, but said they had not. Would never recommend motel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Ryan M, Operations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your recent stay in Plattsburgh. I'm sorry to hear that the room you had reserved did not meet your need for a coffee brewer in the room. Although all of our suites include a complementary coffee brewer in the room, our standard rooms (the more economical or the two types) does not. For this reason, we provide free coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day. We are always happy to make a change to the reservation at the time of check-in (provided we have the availability for it).

I am also sorry to know that the set of pajamas had not been found at the time of your call. We always advise our guests to contact us in a few days in cases such as these after our housekeepers have had the opportunity to further examine the room and the premises. In some cases, items may also take a little longer to be catalogued and filed into our Lost and Found for the front desk to reference. Within a couple of days, all items found are available for the front desk to search through when looking for our guests.

I apologize for your negative experience during your trip and hope that you will give the Microtel brand another try in the future.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My son and I did a travel trip in the northern part of NY the first weekend in April this year and had booked the Microtel in Plattsburg which were our trip begun. We were there only for two nights as we needed to set off for travel. I had booked this hotel a week ahead of arrival Hampton Inn. When we arrived, they had all my information at check-in. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The lobby area was nicely appointed. We really didn’t use the hotel amenities other than the printer located in the lobby area which worked like a charm.

The room was spacious and we chose the one that had a counter space between both queen size beds. I had to work at the hotel the first day there and it was a pleasure. There was free Wi-Fi, flat screen TV mounted overhead between both beds, and the counter space with sink, mini-fridge and microwave. We both loved it.

And the location is perfect: it's 7-10 mins away from Albany airport and there is a good selection of restaurants in the area and even a nice Pizza Uno restaurant walkable from the hotel with a fully stocked bar and awesome pizzas.

Because of the cleanliness and the low price, I am going to make Microtel my new go-to hotel when I’m on the road. Although not part of this review, on our drive back to Florida we stayed at another Microtel in Georgia. Same awesome experience.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone if you’re looking for an affordable, clean and well appointed hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank agarneau
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of the hotel! Although there are bigger hotels in the area, we strive to offer the same level of service, cleanliness, and hospitality that one can expect from the most well-appointed hotels in town at a very affordable price. We have taken every measure to provide high-speed, reliable wi-fi, a broad range of television stations, and a complementary breakfast that includes fresh fruits and yogurts as well as the typical fare. I will also let the housekeepers know that you found the cleanliness of the rooms to be above your expectations--they always love to hear when they've been able to impress our guests!

We are also fortunate to be located conveniently near shopping hot-spots and several excellent restaurants, the Uno included. The Plattsburgh International Airport is even located within ten minutes' drive time, making us a convenient stop for people anticipating one of those early flights.

We would be happy to provide you with another excellent stay on your next trip to Plattsburgh! We are available 24 hours a day to take your call.