“Verry good place to stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Plattsburgh
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you're looking for a clean and conveniently placed hotel with excellent and friendly service, this definitely fits the description! For a mere price of $125, our family of 5 people enjoyed a great overnight stay. I mean, it's not The Ritz Carlton or any 5 start hotels like that, but it does get the job done, especially if you're on a little family vacation/ on a budget.

We were really impressed with how the hostess at the front desk was constantly filling up the breakfast items while being interactive/friendly with the guests!

Location-wise it's spot on the State Route/main road and a 2 min drive from the big indoor mall called Champlain Center/Mall.

Room Tip: Book a week in advance on the web!
Green Features: There was an efficiently placed poster on the towel rack which was easily visible to read while we were at the bathroom. It advised guests to re-use towels in order to reduce the energy that the hotel sues to clean them. Great little initiative...every bit counts! :)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ryan M, Operations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Plattsburgh Microtel! We are one of the smaller hotels in town, but we do everything in our ability to provide the level of service and comfort that our guests deserve. I've passed your comment on about the front desk supervisor, Chelsea, to her and she was thrilled to have been able to impress you! Our staff is always looking for ways to make our guests' time here special.

If you are passing through Plattsburgh again we would be proud to provide you with another excellent stay!
Beverly Shores, Indiana
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very clean, but small room. Plus was that the windows open. We had a pleasant stay. We got a good recommendation on a dinner restaurant from the staff. Coupons for cocktails at Uno's. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan M, Operations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Plattsburgh Microtel! I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with the room and that you were satisfied with our cleanliness and our knowledgeable front desk staff. We always love to give suggestions for dinner (many of us at the front desk have done extensive "research"), among other helpful directions and tips for the city.

I look forward to another chance to serve you and hope you'll give us a call the next time you're in the area!
Plattsburgh
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I needed to be in Plattsburg to assist family so I was not at the hotel much. The Microtel fit my needs well ... clean and at a good price. I booked for 2 nights and easily added a third. Staff was very friendly. I was in the room next to the breakfast area and although others have noted noise issues from nearby rooms, I was not bothered by any noise. I did have the AC unit fan on, but not constantly. The last morning I slept 'til 9 AM ... heard no one at breakfast, nor any of the cars leaving the full parking lot outside my first floor window! One night I could smell smoke in my room so I called the front desk. The response was polite and the staff person (Ryan I think) must have found the source quickly because the smell did not linger very long (I did turn on the bathroom fan for awhile as the smell may have come through that vent somehow?? Breakfast suits me well ... coffee was great and food options were fine for my needs. I will stay at the Microtel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Ryan M, Operations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at the Plattsburgh Microtel! I am glad to know that we were able to exceed your expectations during your time with us. Although there will be occasions where our staff's intervention is needed (in the case of someone smoking in the hotel), we strive to address such matters quickly and effectively to prevent them from ruining anyone's stay. I'm happy that I was able to catch the smoker with your assistance and put a stop to it before it disturbed any of our other guests.

Thank you once again for your review and for alerting us to an issuie before it became a nuisance! We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay on your next trip into the area.