“Best restaurant in Plattsburgh!”

Anthony's Restaurant & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 130 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
New York
“Best restaurant in Plattsburgh!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This is a favorite restaurant for my wife and I. We've been coming here for years. We love the fish specials especially. My wife doesn't even like fish, but she has it here and loves it! We also love the coffee and the desserts. Make sure to ask about the homemade ice cream. Sometimes we'll come here for a few drinks. Other times for coffee and dessert. Lunch in the Bistro is really good also. Tonight I ordered the ostrich.

Visited July 2014

Plattsburgh, New York
“Not the best any more”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have eaten at Anthony's several times and semi-frequently the bar and bistro. I used to think it was clearly the best in the area. My experience this week left me wanting. Three (3) menu items we ordered they did not have. The were very polite, but they did not have them. I ordered a special venison chop. It had a nice reduction sauce and a very good version of a twice baked potato, but the chops were quite tough and not very tasty. I would have said average, but the bill was not average. For the price I would expect everything on the menu would be there and it would be excellent. Unfortunately it was not. There are a couple other restaurants in town that, in my mind, have clearly taken top spot away. Too bad, they did used to be tops.

• Visited July 2014
Indiana, PA
“Undoubtedly the best in town”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This is our second visit to Plattsburgh. We've heard of Anthony's but didn't try it last time. What can I say....the food is excellent albeit pricey. Fresh & local seem to be the keywords for this place. House smoked salmon, homemade sausage -- need I say more??

Plattsburgh, New York
“Hard to choose”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Every time I dine here I struggle with what to choose for an appetizer, since there are several that are drop dead delicious. Namely the the Lobster bisque and the grilled squid.

• Visited March 2014
Plattsburgh, NY
“Plattsburgh's Finest Dining”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Always new and interesting chef specialties. Truly the finest dining Plattsburgh has to offer! Dine in elegance or more casually in the bistor, either way the food is great and the service outstanding!

• Visited April 2014