Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
US$115
US$101
ComfortInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plattsburgh(Plattsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
US$85
US$77
EconoLodge
Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh(Plattsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$132
Days Inn & Suites, Plattsburgh NY(Plattsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$80
All reviewsground roundpool sideattached restaurantlarge indoor poolgreat poolgreat place to stayeasy accesswafflesbed was very comfortableplattsburgh areabreakfast areaclean roomsnice roomparking lotwould definitely stay here againplattsburgh nyfront desk staff
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed for one night to do some shopping and take our kids to a music competition. We were very pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness and decor of the rooms. Rooms were quiet, beds were comfortable, and hotel staff was AMAZING!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for using TripAdvisor and for acknowledging the efforts of our staff. I wish you were not surprised at my property but pleased that you found it clean, comfortable, with appropriate decor and friendly. That is precisely what I would expect.
Safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Arrived on a Tuesday night without a reservation and got a room. Pleased that the facility had a washer and dryer. Room on the second floor, no elevator. People were very nice. Room quiet. Beautiful indoor pool. The TV kept getting digital interference.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for using TripAdvisor to provide me with information on your stay. I am sorry that our new elevator is waiting the installation of emergency power supply before we can officially open it to the public. I hope to have that completed soon as i am waiting for service from New York State Gas and Electric.
I will see what may have caused the digital interference which might have been caused by the weather we had to deal with Tuesday night. In any event we will check the reception in that room today

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Excellent buffet breakfast. Pool was clean and warm. Service was good and our room was renovated. Very close to the mall and shops. Good for kids too. The only complaint is that hallways were not heated.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Deldahari
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I appreciate the feedback and the time you took to advise me of your stay. I agree that the hallways in comparison to the pool are not as warm. We do keep the pool area at about 85 degrees and the water about 84 degrees. A 15 degree differential is noticeable especially coming out of the pool.
I will be sure to pass on to the staff you comments. Thank you and safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Best Western at Smithfield gave me an opportunity to relax. With with the pool located not far from the room I didn't have to go far to keep an eye on the kids. You can't beat it's location as the hotel is located directly in the middle of the shopping area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Peter M
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my hotel and for using TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and wish you and your family safe travels.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel is not noise proof. I can hear everyone next door having normal volume conversations. I also hear everyone walking in the hall.

Then I tried going to the pool. 4 different times. 10:30 PM, 9 AM, 10:30 AM, noon, every single time full of kids with their toys, kickboards, and waterguns. Could they consider kid free hours? Even 7:30AM-8:30AM and 10PM-11PM? I mean seriously why are kids up so late?!?
And to add to it, there are no towels at the pool even though they claim that there are.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Bob S, Owner at Best Western Plus Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you very much for completing a report on my hotel through TripAdvisor. While you are not happy with my hotel I do appreciate the comments and will address the issues that I can do something about.
The source of the noise in your room may be caused if you were assigned an adjoining room which have two lockable doors in the fireproof and insulated concrete block firewalls. Unfortunately the two doors do not offer the sound proofing qualities of the solid concrete block firewalls in all other rooms because of the door opening. I will also check to see if the door sweep on the base of your entrance room door from the hallway was operating properly.
I am sorry that on this holiday weekend and for that matter most weekends our pool is very popular with families. Children love the pool and the parents like to sit on the expansive deck and supervise them. Our hours of operation are 7 AM until 11 PM and i will not modify those hours or restrict the use of the pool to certain groups of people. I am sorry that the use of the pool by others has disappointed you.
Safe travel to you and your family