“fishing tournament”

Days Inn & Suites Plattsburgh
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A gross hotel.Hallways had food and crumbs everywhere, the first thing you smell when you walk into the room is smoke, even though its suppose to be a smoke-free hotel, there were water stains on the roof, stained and sticky carpets, you can see where there had been holes in the door, the sink wasn't even in the bathroom. Very over crowded. Overall a unpleasant stay and wasn't worth the money. I should have spent the extra money to get a hotel that was actually decent.

1 Thank Kathy M
WellsJac1, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Kathy M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us! I sincerely apologize your stay was unpleasant. Please know I will be discussing the issues with my staff to help us improve the guest experience for all of our guests.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stay in this hotel long time ago and didn't like it, however destiny make me choose this hotel as last resource and they improve since my last visit. Rooms are renovated , I stay in the second floor and the elevator was in service so I have to use the stair with the luggage. when I enter the room it was nice however the beds looks like they where use by someone else, especially how the pillow where arrange you can see in the pictures, but I was told by the service desk that they had a full booked hotel the night before and we assume that the room service person was in a hurry to get all the rooms done.
The room Improvement Improvement clean except for a long hair in the bathtub (see picture) and because is summer there was a lot of kid from a baseball team running all over the halls and the outdoor pull, My daughter loves the pool but this time she said no way with so many boys around :)
The Hotel has a complementary Breakfast, nothing special but its ok . the bed linen look vey used but clean I can stay again in the future for the right price

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
WellsJac1, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Rianca,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your stay! I apologize for those issues during your stay. Regardless of how busy we are, you should never experience that. I will be sharing your photos with my staff to further help them improve.

West Babylon, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had an excellent experience at this hotel. We stayed 2 nights for my son's college orientation and had no issues. They are actually kind enough to hold onto clothing I had forgotten when I stay there again in August. Would defininetely reccomend this to others.

Dear Ellena S,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.com! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time in Plattsburgh and at SUNY orientation.

See you in August!

Parishville, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This place is not worth the money. I was traveling with my son's baseball team. Some of the team stayed at Days Inn and some chose other cheaper places. Wish I had chosen somewhere else. We got stuck in a smoking room. I didn't even think smoking was allowed in buildings in NY anymore. The elevator was out and the hallways were gross. The only good thing was the outdoor pool. All in all a big disappointment.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank clarkfourfan
Dear Clarkfourfan,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I apologize for the inconvenience of the elevator being out of service. Unfortunately mechanical issues can be out of our control at times. However we did have it back and running within 6 hours. We did our best at communicating the issue and offering help to all guests that needed at that time.

I have showed my housekeepers the pictures you posted and they have taken care of the issues immediately. Please feel free to bring any issues to our attention and we will take care them during your stay.

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We requested a handicapped accessible room which we got. However, the room included a tub instead of roll in shower and the counter in the bathroom was very high. When I checked in I asked where to park and was instructed that the closest area was by entrance 'A'. This entrance had STAIRS so we went to entrance 'B' which had a ramp. Unfortunately this entrance was as far away as possible from the handicapped rooms. The only alternative was to park in the check-in area which was not always available nor did it have a handicapped space.

The air conditioner ran constantly and was noisy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Glenn S,

I apologize for the these inconvenient issues during your stay. I will be sharing your comments and suggestions with my staff so they may accommodate future guests better in the handicap accessible rooms.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future stays and I will be happy to personally assist you.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Room not ready for check-in upon our arrival at 6:15 p.m.!!! Front desk attendant asks us to return in a half hour. Room was adequate for a short stay, however it was very stuffy and the air conditioner didn't provide much relief. On the morning of the second day our toilet plugged. We reported the toilet problem at 8:30 before we left for a day of college tours. Upon our return at 4:30 our room still hadn't been cleaned, nor had the toilet been fixed! I went to the front desk to express my displeasure only to be told that she'd call Housekeeping and try to have someone up shortly - never mind that we didn't have a working toilet! No apologies or reassurances from the front desk, just a look of bewilderment. When someone finally fixed the toilet we declined the offer to make the beds as we were trying to get ready for dinner. Ended up having to go to the front desk in the morning for Kleenex and toilet paper both of which we were out of. We will not be returning.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sue G,

I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I want to thank you for bringing them to my attention so I may address your experience with the staff.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you this is not the ordinary service from our staff! Please feel free to contact me on your next visit to Plattsburgh.