“small town values”

Holiday Inn Plattsburgh
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Had to visit for work. Hotel was clean and quiet and the staff was very friendly. Enjoyed the free continental breakfast as well. The fridge and microwave are an added bonus. The restaurant had decent food too. Room was spacious and rates are comparable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Melimel1

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed one night here for a business seminar I was attending on Saturday Feb 22 2014. The hotel itself was immaculate. It did have a small dining area and bar area..which I can't comment on but did look comfortable. There were couches and a small lounge for TV watching down off the lobby. Vending machines and I saw kids running to the pool area in their swim suits.
My room on the third floor faced the front of hotel overlooking the parking lot. It was a good sized room with a King size comfortable bed with a large screen TV and a many channels to choose from. I had a mini fridge, microwave, and a small one cup coffee maker. It had a lounge chair with an end table, a desk with a chair and a nice clean bathroom.
Down the hall near the soda machine was the ice machine as well. I had a very comfortable stay here minus the inevitable kids running up and down the halls till around 10:30pm and even knocked on my door and woke me up once. I'm sure if I picked up the phone to complain that they wold have taken care of it. I just kept my TV on and it did pretty much drown out the noise.
Also..if you didn't have access to a car or didnt want to drive around..this hotel is set back off the main drag but in the middle of everything. In front of the hotel parking lot is a Five Guys.. cross the street and there was Wendy's and a small strip mall that even had a Walmart, Sam's, Staples etc..
I would stay here again if ever in Plattsburgh..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank livluvsunsand
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed for one night during a hockey tourney. The rooms were clean ( bed bug guards on bed) and comfortable. Beds were comfortable. Heater/cooler was either very warm or cool- no in between.
Free breakfast was bare bones. No cut fruit or warmed items. I asked for 5 slices of lemon as I drink lemon water in the morning. They told me I was limited to 1 or 2 lemons only ( really). So I had to tell them 2 were for a friend and another was for Someone else. A friend with a gluton allergy asked them to microwave her oatmeal she brought and they refused, they called the manager and her refused as well.
These requests were simple- yet not treated with an easy fix. I recommend they improve customer service and they would receive much higher reviews.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank trish f
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear trish f,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you found our rooms to be clean and our beds to be comfortable.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff and staying in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience our service level has caused you and truly sorry for we fell below your standards on some amenities. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and you can be confident that corrective measures will be taken to improve our guest services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Holiday Inn. We booked our room through Priceline and unlike previous reviews, we found staff to be friendly at check in and very efficient. We upgraded our room to a king bed (as opposed to two doubles) for $10.

Room was clean and spacious, bathroom was well attended and equipped. The downside was that we had a connecting door and would regularly hear the banging of the doors. If you are easily annoyed ask for a non-connecting room.

Walls are thin so beware of noises. We could hear children's laughter, talking, excitement. Good thing they slept through the night until the next morning.

There is a microwave in the room, although facing bed, therefore light in your eyes at night. Fridge makes noises but expected. Pillows are very soft, covers are decent and heater/cooler unit works fine.

Overall good stay for a night. Makes a good pit stop. Service is good, rooms are clean and decent size. Would stay again if in Plattsburg.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sanmtl2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear edenhreview,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We are delighted to read you liked your room accommodations and friendly staff. I apologize if some aspects of the hotel amenities and facilities prevented you from fully enjoying your stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is the best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 January 2014

When heading to Plattsburgh we enjoy staying at this hotel! The rooms are very clean and we are always treated nicely by the friendly staff! The breakfast room is very cozy and we love using the lovely large pool!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Beds were very comfortable. Heat was easily managed in the room. We were only there for one night, so we didn't swim at all. Lots of entertainment and room for groups of kids to hang out. Nice little bar for parents to hang out at. There were kids hockey teams and girls softball teams there. Breakfast is simple continental, but fine for a quick bite.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 315Ray
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Overall no major complaints. We stayed one night on our way to NYC, arriving a little later at night. The front desk staff was extremely friendly, the hotel and room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was plain, no hot foods like some locations and the only thing I would like to have seen is a recycle bin in the room. Good central location for some last minute shopping! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple