“Stinks like a litter pan” 2 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Plattsburgh
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milton, New York
“Stinks like a litter pan”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This is not the nicest. It is ok. You could do worse. That said, the room stinks like a litter pan. It is just one night, so I will live. I will say that it irks me to no end when I have to use the hangers that are bolted to the rod... Really??? can I just hang a shirt in the steam while i take my shower? Even motel 6 trusts me with the hangers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Pathrep,

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit. I am sorry if you weren't completely satisfied with the condition of the room that you were given. I have taken note of your valuable feedback and this shall be addressed with management to consider for upgrades and improvements.

We all hope you give us another opportunity to make your visit as best as it can be.

Pam G
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice lately and both times my family and I have had enjoyable stays.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are very comfortable as well. The bedding and pillows are very high quality. The Hotel is located right across the street from plenty of good shopping spots and restaurants and it has easy access to the highway. There is also plenty of free parking at the Hotel. There is an indoor pool but we've never had the chance to use it because we were too busy or tired. Service at the front desk it courteous and efficient.

The hotel offers a free continental style breakfast. For a free breakfast it's hard to beat. They never seem to run out of anything. There is alwalys plenty of hot coffee, cereal for the kids, bread , bagels, fruits, yogurt and orange juice.

Overall the Holiday Inn is my favorite spot to stay when we go to Plattsburgh for a shopping weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank jeeps_17
Gorham, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I should say this comment only applies to the gentleman closing up in the dining area. I asked at the front desk for a spoon. I was directed to the dining area. There was someone there closing down for the night reviewing receipts and paperwork. He blatantly ignored me as I patiently waited for a minute or so, not even acknowledging that I was standing there, poor service. When I asked him for a spoon, he said I'd have to wait for a few minutes. Ok, I thought, is he kidding me? His paperwork was obviously to important to pause for 30 seconds for a customer. He then came back and handed me a plastic wrapped knife and fork. When I again said I just need a spoon, he told me, that's all we have. With a dining area and a bar next door I find that hard to believe. Not the service I'd expect for a "platinum elite" member.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sean Y
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We take our service to our IHG rewards members very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the service and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Had to visit for work. Hotel was clean and quiet and the staff was very friendly. Enjoyed the free continental breakfast as well. The fridge and microwave are an added bonus. The restaurant had decent food too. Room was spacious and rates are comparable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Melimel1
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed one night here for a business seminar I was attending on Saturday Feb 22 2014. The hotel itself was immaculate. It did have a small dining area and bar area..which I can't comment on but did look comfortable. There were couches and a small lounge for TV watching down off the lobby. Vending machines and I saw kids running to the pool area in their swim suits.
My room on the third floor faced the front of hotel overlooking the parking lot. It was a good sized room with a King size comfortable bed with a large screen TV and a many channels to choose from. I had a mini fridge, microwave, and a small one cup coffee maker. It had a lounge chair with an end table, a desk with a chair and a nice clean bathroom.
Down the hall near the soda machine was the ice machine as well. I had a very comfortable stay here minus the inevitable kids running up and down the halls till around 10:30pm and even knocked on my door and woke me up once. I'm sure if I picked up the phone to complain that they wold have taken care of it. I just kept my TV on and it did pretty much drown out the noise.
Also..if you didn't have access to a car or didnt want to drive around..this hotel is set back off the main drag but in the middle of everything. In front of the hotel parking lot is a Five Guys.. cross the street and there was Wendy's and a small strip mall that even had a Walmart, Sam's, Staples etc..
I would stay here again if ever in Plattsburgh..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank livluvsunsand
lake placid ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed for one night during a hockey tourney. The rooms were clean ( bed bug guards on bed) and comfortable. Beds were comfortable. Heater/cooler was either very warm or cool- no in between.
Free breakfast was bare bones. No cut fruit or warmed items. I asked for 5 slices of lemon as I drink lemon water in the morning. They told me I was limited to 1 or 2 lemons only ( really). So I had to tell them 2 were for a friend and another was for Someone else. A friend with a gluton allergy asked them to microwave her oatmeal she brought and they refused, they called the manager and her refused as well.
These requests were simple- yet not treated with an easy fix. I recommend they improve customer service and they would receive much higher reviews.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank trish f
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear trish f,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you found our rooms to be clean and our beds to be comfortable.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff and staying in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience our service level has caused you and truly sorry for we fell below your standards on some amenities. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and you can be confident that corrective measures will be taken to improve our guest services.

Dhan M
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Holiday Inn. We booked our room through Priceline and unlike previous reviews, we found staff to be friendly at check in and very efficient. We upgraded our room to a king bed (as opposed to two doubles) for $10.

Room was clean and spacious, bathroom was well attended and equipped. The downside was that we had a connecting door and would regularly hear the banging of the doors. If you are easily annoyed ask for a non-connecting room.

Walls are thin so beware of noises. We could hear children's laughter, talking, excitement. Good thing they slept through the night until the next morning.

There is a microwave in the room, although facing bed, therefore light in your eyes at night. Fridge makes noises but expected. Pillows are very soft, covers are decent and heater/cooler unit works fine.

Overall good stay for a night. Makes a good pit stop. Service is good, rooms are clean and decent size. Would stay again if in Plattsburg.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sanmtl2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear edenhreview,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We are delighted to read you liked your room accommodations and friendly staff. I apologize if some aspects of the hotel amenities and facilities prevented you from fully enjoying your stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is the best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,