“Best place to stay in Plattsburgh.”

Holiday Inn Plattsburgh
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Plattsburgh, New York
“Best place to stay in Plattsburgh.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I travel a lot for work and this is one of the best places I've stayed in a long time. Very comfortable with lots of extras. Recommend it to anyone looking for a nice hotel in Plattsburgh. The staff was very friendly and made me feel right at home.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Saint-Lambert, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

If you're looking for a modern hotel, this is definitely not the hotel to go to.
However, I highly suggest to bring your own pillows since they have the extra puffy decorative ones to sleep with, both my boyfriend and I had really sore necks the next morning. The service was fine, the continental breakfast as well. The cost wasn't too bad but it wasn't worth more than 100$ a night!
I wouldn't go back!

Room Tip: I would choose the top floor to get a nicer view!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. We use these reviews to identify areas where we can improve and appreciate your insight. As a result, we do have new pillows as a part of our update now. Each bed has two kind of pillows soft and firm as per our Holiday Inn pillows standard.Also there are four pillows on each bed.You can request feather pillow too .Thank you.
Milton, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This is not the nicest. It is ok. You could do worse. That said, the room stinks like a litter pan. It is just one night, so I will live. I will say that it irks me to no end when I have to use the hangers that are bolted to the rod... Really??? can I just hang a shirt in the steam while i take my shower? Even motel 6 trusts me with the hangers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Pathrep,

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit. I am sorry if you weren't completely satisfied with the condition of the room that you were given. I have taken note of your valuable feedback and this shall be addressed with management to consider for upgrades and improvements.

We all hope you give us another opportunity to make your visit as best as it can be.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
montreal
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice lately and both times my family and I have had enjoyable stays.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are very comfortable as well. The bedding and pillows are very high quality. The Hotel is located right across the street from plenty of good shopping spots and restaurants and it has easy access to the highway. There is also plenty of free parking at the Hotel. There is an indoor pool but we've never had the chance to use it because we were too busy or tired. Service at the front desk it courteous and efficient.

The hotel offers a free continental style breakfast. For a free breakfast it's hard to beat. They never seem to run out of anything. There is alwalys plenty of hot coffee, cereal for the kids, bread , bagels, fruits, yogurt and orange juice.

Overall the Holiday Inn is my favorite spot to stay when we go to Plattsburgh for a shopping weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jeeps_17
Gorham, Maine
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I should say this comment only applies to the gentleman closing up in the dining area. I asked at the front desk for a spoon. I was directed to the dining area. There was someone there closing down for the night reviewing receipts and paperwork. He blatantly ignored me as I patiently waited for a minute or so, not even acknowledging that I was standing there, poor service. When I asked him for a spoon, he said I'd have to wait for a few minutes. Ok, I thought, is he kidding me? His paperwork was obviously to important to pause for 30 seconds for a customer. He then came back and handed me a plastic wrapped knife and fork. When I again said I just need a spoon, he told me, that's all we have. With a dining area and a bar next door I find that hard to believe. Not the service I'd expect for a "platinum elite" member.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Sean Y
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We take our service to our IHG rewards members very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the service and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Had to visit for work. Hotel was clean and quiet and the staff was very friendly. Enjoyed the free continental breakfast as well. The fridge and microwave are an added bonus. The restaurant had decent food too. Room was spacious and rates are comparable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Melimel1
Albany, New York
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed one night here for a business seminar I was attending on Saturday Feb 22 2014. The hotel itself was immaculate. It did have a small dining area and bar area..which I can't comment on but did look comfortable. There were couches and a small lounge for TV watching down off the lobby. Vending machines and I saw kids running to the pool area in their swim suits.
My room on the third floor faced the front of hotel overlooking the parking lot. It was a good sized room with a King size comfortable bed with a large screen TV and a many channels to choose from. I had a mini fridge, microwave, and a small one cup coffee maker. It had a lounge chair with an end table, a desk with a chair and a nice clean bathroom.
Down the hall near the soda machine was the ice machine as well. I had a very comfortable stay here minus the inevitable kids running up and down the halls till around 10:30pm and even knocked on my door and woke me up once. I'm sure if I picked up the phone to complain that they wold have taken care of it. I just kept my TV on and it did pretty much drown out the noise.
Also..if you didn't have access to a car or didnt want to drive around..this hotel is set back off the main drag but in the middle of everything. In front of the hotel parking lot is a Five Guys.. cross the street and there was Wendy's and a small strip mall that even had a Walmart, Sam's, Staples etc..
I would stay here again if ever in Plattsburgh..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business