“Delicious food - a rare find for the area!”
Review of King's Inn

King's Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Port Henry
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Upstate, NY
“Delicious food - a rare find for the area!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Moving from an urban area back up north left me with a real desire for delectable cuisine. There a very few restaurants within an hour drive that are worth the trek.

The King's Inn, however, is worth the trip. While the menu is a little pricier than any others in the area-the quality and portion sizes more than make up for it.

Immediately upon being seated we were presented with our salad cards-yes, you choose exactly what you'd like on your salad! Fun stuff.

I had the seafood Alfredo dish and not only did I enjoy it along side a fresh mini loaf of yummy bread, but I was able to box the leftovers and feed 2 people the next day with it. Effectively $25 for 3 meals!

I highly recommend this place - the atmosphere was simultaneously comfortable and classy.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank JessicaVivian8

Harlingen, Texas, United States
“Awesomeness”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Brought my wife and four friends up from Harlingen and Raymondville for dinner. I had heard the place is a legend and that's exactly what we got! Fried Drum, shrimp, and oysters sent down from the (eatin gods) and man was it fantastic. Even the salad and secret sauce raised the bar. Two thumbs up; two thumbs and a big toe!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Bryan H
Bridport, Vermont
“BAD FOOD, BAD SERVICE WAY OVER PRICED”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Went for a birthday dinner 7/26/13.They did not have many of the simplest of menu items. No balsamic dressing, no filet mignon, this was a friday evening at 6pm. Our waitress said she wasn't sure if they would have filet for the rest of summer. She commented that because it was a friday evening they were short of many menu items. Saturday and Sunday dining must be a pretty limited selection. She wasn't capable of taking the order, took forever, picked up plates prematurely, brought you drinks you didn't order all and all I would recommend a career change for the waitress. Don't order the veal oscar, I was sick 20 mins. after eating it and lucky enough to be able to make it to their bathroom and return it to where it belonged. 270 dollars for a memorable birthday of food poisoning. save yourself

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank jo n
westport, new york
“Great food but air conditioning still broken”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had dinner with some friends end of June, 2013. Food was great as usual. Fresh crisp customized salad, ample appetizer and I had broiled seafood trilogy, which had shrimp, scallops and salmon filet. Although portions are a little smaller than in the past, the amount was adequate. Everyone in my party was pleased with their choices.
However, it was a very warm, humid evening, and air conditioning is still not functioning in Dining room or bar area, which made it quite uncomfortable, despite several fans blowing hot, humid air around! It was a night of their prix fixe menu which had many choices and included salad or soup, appetizer, entree and dessert for $20.00. Add a couple glasses of wine at $6 each + tax and tip and enjoy a great meal for about $40. Our male server was attentive and personable. Overall a nice dining experience.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank northcountrynurse
Vermont
“Another Great Meal!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We visited Kings Inn last night for Dinner. I have to say they have one of the greatest menus I have every seen. It began with a nice cool crisp salad, a nice large portion appetizer that the three of us shared. I had the Prime Rib and Shrimp. The Rib was cooked perfectly and the Shrimp had just the right amount of breading on it. The side veggies were fresh and the baked potato was a good size. The freshly baked bread was delicious! We all enjoyed our meals.The staff, as always, treated us like we were family. Makes me question myself, why do we not come more often? Thanks Kings Inn, we'll be back very soon!!

• Visited June 2013