“Try the Ziggy Burger”

Gene's Michigan Stand
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Port Henry
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Today after many - many rides by Gene's my wife two friends and I stopped in for an early lunch. Our friends have been raving about this place for years and today we discovered why. We all had Ziggy Burgers and beer battered onion rings and they were delicious. Warning, unless you are extremely hungry DO NOT order the "double" version of this delicious cheeseburger ;-) The burgers were perfectly cooked, the lettuce, tomato, pickles were all fresh and crisp, the sauce which is a sort of mayonnaise/mustard blend sauce was good too.

Next time, I will try their Michigans and since we ride our motorcycles in that area frequently, I shouldn't have to wait long.

1  Thank Tom C

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stopped here for dinner this week. I had never been and will def go again. If you are looking for health food, this won't be the place for you. If you'd enjoy outstanding Michagins, onion rings and soft ice cream then you need to try Genes. Prices are very very reasonable.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We used to line up as soon as season started. 30 yrs and counting. Delicious! Good luck trying to replicate the recipe.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I have been eating michigan hot dogs there for over 30 years. I have been trying to figure out the sauce for exactly that long and haven't done it yet. A MUST try. Sooooooo good. :)

1  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Multiple trips all the time! Service great, friendly quick. Prices great. Close to home Close to lake! Curly ffies and fried veggies are always my favs... Thank you so much guys!!

1  Thank Renee N