“Really Nice Spot”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My wife and I came out on a Friday night. They had a really cool reggae band playing classics and originals. There was a nice vibe and a real friendly crowd. The drinks are a bit expensive, but really really really good. They are all made with fresh fruit and premium liquor. The glass is pretty tall too so I guess you get what you pay for. We didn't have dinner but shared an appetizer between dancing and it was great. We had the calamari and it was fresh and flaky and they deep fry it with these peppers that give it a real nice tang. Awesome spot and we will surely be back.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Tequila Jacks has become our go to Thanksgiving restaurant. Our family comes over from CT on the ferry and we take the 40 mile drive to Port Jeff. The first year we just happened on TJ's and enjoyed the experience so much we go back every year. Sometimes we sit at a table and sometimes we just eat at the bar, either way it proves to be a great time. The menu this year, I can't remember years past, offered a great turkey dish.The new chef served the dish as more gourmet then momma's. The food was wonderful but could have been served a little hotter. It feels a little like manhattan meets the islands.The staff is great. Just ask and if they can they will. We look forward to spending more time at Tequila Jacks

1  Thank Anne K
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

Delicious drinks and food. Enough said. I had a tequila flight on my birthday. I had a three course dinner and everything was great. I wish I could remember what it was but it was awhile ago. The next time I went I had grilled calamari. It was a great change from the traditionally fried stuff.

1  Thank Wiffleball21
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Alot of fun the band was really good!! with Bufallo solider and the beat to bop all night. Small dance floor a nice thing to do on a Friday night mixed crowd. we didnt eat there but have in the past... it was good

Reviewed 9 July 2012

The only reason we ended up here is because it was the only place open after 9pm and we were starving! Desperate times lead to sub par food! We had the homemade guacamole and tortilla chips special....chips were soft and guacamole was ok....I can make one a helluva lot better! We got the house special which consisted of beef & chicken satay and jacks shrimp cocktail....best out the 3 was the shrimp which wasn't even that good. It was so bad we didn't eat it all. STAY AWAY!!!!!