Bridgeport and Port Jefferson Steamboat Company
Open today: 06:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
We had such a nice day

My sister and I took the PJ Ferry to Connecticut and back again and had a lovely day. A nice slow... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Arlene M
Selden, New York
Convenient and reliable

Enjoyed a day trip to Long Island from CT on the ferry (1hr, 15 minute passage). The free parking... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
DJMXX
Westport, Connecticut
via mobile

All reviews new england long island port jeff snack bar nice ride ferry ride top deck relaxing trip city traffic day trip upstate ny avoid traffic loading and unloading ferry service hour and minutes li sound make reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I live in MA near the cape, my parents live on Long Island. It’s about a 4.5 hour drive if I drive all the way around, but just under 4 hours if I take the ferry. I spend less time in the car driving and I get a little break on the boat.

I like how the crew lets you stay in your car during the trip. You buy your tickets online so there is no reason for me to go up on deck except to use the bathroom and buy food. I have three boys under 5 (including a small baby) so I try to avoid taking them all out of the car unless I really have to.

The ferry is always on time and they like you to get there 15 minutes ahead. Sometimes I’m running late and I show up minutes before the ferry leaves and the guys never give me a hard time.

2  Thank Rachel R
Reviewed 22 December 2017

I think this is a great way to make the trip more comfortable , you can rest and get something to eat, drink on your ride across the Long Island Sound. They even have a Mariners Delight trip where you can walk on for a reduced price take a ride to and from both sides of the Sound just for the view ad enjoyment of doing it. They do have a cash bar, and even decent food.Or bring your own food like a picnic for a sunset trip

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I live in Port Jefferson so getting to the ferry is very convenient. Driving to Bridgeport Connecticut involves many variables- traffic, accidents, road work, etc. Taking the ferry is reliable and the time to get to Bridgeport is predictable. It is not inexpensive, but the convenience and stress free travel are worth it.

1  Thank raymondcH223YJ
Reviewed 21 December 2017

You have a choice, take the multiple bridges and get stuck in a traffic jam or take a shorter, more scenic, more comfortable ride where someone else does all the driving while you sit with a cup of coffee, bagel and reading a paper. The choice is yours

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Went on a Family road trip to Boston from Nassau, NY. Does it save time? Not really. Easy to get to from a major roadway? No. More expensive to travel? Probably. Is it fun? Yes!
I guess its good for kids and those who never grow up. Seating inside, or up, on the windy deck. Has a snack bar and restrooms.

1  Thank HkudLongIsland_NY