“Ruvo never disappoints”

Ruvo Restaurant East
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruvo Restaurant East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cross street: Main Street
Port Jefferson NY
“Ruvo never disappoints”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We frequently choose Ruvo for celebrations and special occasions but also for every day meals. Their luncheon specials and prix fixe dinners offer options to try something new or to choose an old favorite at good value. I especially appreciate the skill of the bartender who always gets my Rob Roy right. The chef offers a delicious soup daily with a nice flavor twist as well as what might be his Mom's version of arrancini , a traditional blast from the past. Frequently there is live music to enhance the dining experience. This is a great "go-to" place that does not disappoint. The veal and fish dishes are my favorite palate pleasers and the chef will always tweak them to suit personal taste. I'm glad that I live in Port Jefferson so I can go whenever I want.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ginnyPortJeffersonNY

“A mainstay!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Since I live in PJ, this is a restaurant my husband and I frequent. We've had many a wonderful meal there and it's here where we have family celebrations. The food is consistently excellent, the staff are courteous, attentive without being obnoxious, and knowledgable. The environment is lively yet beautiful. Love, love, love this restaurant! You can't go wrong!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Doreen D
“Delicious”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We enjoyed our early Holiday evening dining experience. Warm welcome greeting at the door-service was timely/friendly/professional.We all had drinks from the bar-name brand drinks.house wine and specialty l wines-We had a combination of various dinners (Prix Fix menu) all excellent-the veal dishes -extremely tender and good potion and fresh clams served over linguine-white wine sauce- the clams a small and perfectly prepared including chopped clams to complete the meal.YUM!!!Dessert seems to be a specialty -all in agreement-highly recommend - all meals served with a rather large fresh salad and fresh warmed bread- we always look forward to our next dining experience and highly recommend. Reservations suggested especially on the weekends.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank pjprincess
“Delicious”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Excellent service-warm friendly greeting-Started with excellent drinks fr the Bar-Johnny Walker/apricot sour & captain Morgan followed by the most deliciously served meals-Mouth watering Presentation.Veal is extremely tender/lobster served w/ cannelloni beans --light & scrumptious the Bolonsese sauce is to die for-hearty and creamy YUM(my favorite) deserts are a specialty the Gelato is always perfectly flavored and memorable-
Special features:fit for foodies,good for groups,vibrant bar scene,great for brunch,notable wine list,kid-friendly,romantic,neighborhood gem,hot spot,great for lunch,special occasion
I would recommend this to a friend

• Visited January 2014
Port Jefferson Station, New York, United States
“They did respond”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

They read my review, apologized and sent me a gift card for $20. I will try it again and let you know.

• Visited October 2013