All I wanted was a nice place to stay for a Saturday evening to be well rested for an early Sunday morning bicycle tour on the Island. I admit I was not there to party. Boy did I pick the wrong place. My first clue was seeing all of the function rooms that were directly adjacent to and across from my room. My second was seeing all of the chairs that were being setup directly outside my ground floor room in the afternoon for a reception. I’ve never been to a hotel that forcefully subjects guests to someone else’s wedding directly outside their room. I’m fairly certain I wasn’t invited. In any case, that was done with by the time we went to bed in the evening. I breathed a sigh of relief until I realized that there were several other “parties” going on (as well as the hotel’s restaurant/bar) that would continue late into the evening, all of which were well within earshot. One of the musicians even took a break outside our room and decided to regale us all with various old Black Sabbath tunes and random scales. I guess he had nothing better to do. When I informed the front desk, they said security would be out shortly, and that I should help them find the person…as though a lone Sax player playing Iron Man and Crazy Train would be difficult to spot. In any case, the noise eventually died down…right around 3:30 a.m. Just in time for me to get a couple of hours of sleep. The only thing that drowned any of it out, was the heat pump/air-conditioning unit in the room. It would kick off every 20 or so minutes. Its whisper quite operation (if you consider a tractor engine whisper quite) gave me something else to listen to…a new form of white noise. Luckily (I’m being sarcastic), as a final insult I got a bit more sleep because the front desk conveniently forgot to place my wake-up call. This is the worst night’s sleep I have ever gotten in a nice (and certainly not cheap)hotel, bar none. My room was very nice, quite obviously recently renovated and very well appointed. Sadly, the one thing I wanted it for, it did not deliver.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by spectacular views of Long Island Sound and nestled in the heart of historic Port Jefferson Village, Danfords Hotel & Marina offers the finest accommodations with contemporary comfort and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Danford's Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danfords Hotel And Marina
- Danfords Hotel Port Jefferson
- Danfords Port Jefferson