“Horrible”

Danford's Hotel & Marina
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Jefferson
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband and I stayed their on our wedding night. We chose it due to its long-standing great reputation. Well what a mistake! The place was not clean smelling. The heat in our room did not work and it was freezing that night. Someone came in to check it but they could not get it to work. We froze all night! Not a great experience to have on your wedding night! DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynne C

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We recently stayed at Danfords while on town attending a family wedding.We were delighted with our stay.The room was very cozy and comfortable.The front desk staff was very friendly.We also had dinner at the Wave.Our server Griselda made several suggestions on the menu.Glad we ordered the lobster bisque and bronzino!! server was very attentive and friendly.Overall it was a pleasure to stay and eat here,will be back hopefully in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha j
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business and was very happy with almost everything, except the lack of proper heating in some of the common areas and also in my room which needed an additional heater. The food and service on the other hand were excellent. I would return to Port Jefferson in the Summer and Danfords would be a great place to stay. Since it was the off Season, parking was free. Also, the wifi connection was very good in my room. I was staying in the G building accross the street from the main hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ellasbabe
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I had my baby shower here and the booking agent Chritne Webber was great! She was very porfessional, super friendly, and made sure that all my concerns and needs were taken care of. The service staff was amazing down to the valet parking attendants. The staff handled my every need and took care of the needs of my guests. The room was very clean and perfectly set up as promised and on time! And the food was AWESOME..my guest are still raving about the food (and we're a bunch of foodies). To top it off the atmosphere was beautiful with the water front view which was great for guest who wanted to do a little sight seeing and shopping afterwards.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank aleeyahh2014
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here while the floor on our house was being repaired. We had a room across street (galley building)that was very comfortable and clean. We ate dinner at the wave restaurant. The view of the long island sound was spectacular. The food was very good and everything was cooked to perfection. As we were leaving the manager Steve approached us to ensure we had a good experience, which we did. I was interested in the Sunday Brunch, which the manager explained to us in full detail. We came to the brunch on Sunday and it was amazing as well!! We will be returning.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Jess195
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stopped into wave this past weekend and had a great time. We started with drinks in the lounge area, then dinner in the restaurant. Food and service was excellent! The blackberry sangria was amazing. The manager (Steve) stopped at our table to check on our experience. We had questions about the history behind Danfords and Steve was very informative. We will be returning as weather breaks to enjoy the outdoor deck.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My time at Danfords was unforgettable! The food was cooked perfectly and my waitress Griselda was so helpful and helped my husband and I choose what to order. The view here is unbelievable and I recommend Danfords to all of my relatives and colleagues, as well as Danfords is my new favorite place to stay in Port Jefferson!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
#3 of 3 in Stony Brook
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia

Been to Danford's Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!