Danford's Hotel & Marina
GardenInn.com
US$162
US$138
HIExpress.com
Three Village Inn(Stony Brook)
US$261
US$123
US$178
US$155
US$189
US$103
US$144
All reviewsport jeffmain buildingthe galleywater viewlong islandbanquet managerseveral buildingscocktail hourstony brookwavelynnweddingeventbrunchctfireplacemaitre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was a great place to stay,it's right on the marina with a little beach. Our room was very nice and the little town was great. We stay there because the restaurant across the street was were my sister-in-laws baby shower was. Would stay there again if we could.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alicia P
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The location on the marina is absolutely beautiful, and the grounds were well kept. The rooms were large and clean. All of the staff were extremely friendly, and the food was good too. It is hard to find anything to complain about. Wonderful for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank houswhit
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at Danfords because a friend was getting married there. We opted for a "village view" instead of a water view to save a little money. Our room was in an older, pretty beat up building, with no view at all except of a little brick courtyard. And we still payed quite a bit! The room itself was nice with a few exceptions. The bed was wonderful. But the TV was directly in front of the only window in the room and was so far across the room it was hard to see. There was plastic and duct tape covering what I assume used to be an overhead light. Two of the lights in the room would randomly turn on and off. There was a strange wooden door cut into one wall with a little knob. When pulled, it opened only an inch and I could only see insulation under it. So strange! Why is that there? And while the bathroom was really lovely, and the shower probably my favorite hotel shower ever, the cheap plastic toilet seat kept slipping off the rim of the toilet while I was sitting on it! We also returned from a day of sight-seeing to find neither of our keys worked. While the front desk blamed it on us putting the keys near something that demagnetized them, I find it hard to believe two keys in two separate people's pockets/backpacks got demagnetized at the same time. Parking was pretty convenient but was an additional $8 per day on top of the high price of the room. They seem to be pretty much the only hotel on the harbor so I guess they can charge outrageous prices and get away with it. I enjoyed my stay but didn't think it was worth over $260 a night when all was said and done.

Room Tip: We were in the Jetty or "J" building. No water views, no views at all really, but it was pretty quiet except for hearing other people in the building slamming doors and walking past our door.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I booked a weekend with my Mom (who I will mention is a young 85)..!! Anyway it was originally to be a 2 night stay but after speaking with her, it did seem she was not comfortable with staying 2 nights, so I agreed we will go only for one. The dates chosen were May 3 and May 4 2014. So as I said she was not all happy about the two night thing so I changed to one night. Well lo and behold we arrive to Danfords at about 1:30 on May 3 and meet up with Bob and Paul at the desk and to my embarrassment we were booked for May 4 not May 3. !! OMG ( I did mention my Mom was 85 right) . Anyway the short of the story is this Bob offered to look for a room for us with due diligence and very pleasantly and it was booked. Busy weekend but he took our bags for us and apologized for not being able to accomodate us (it was my fault!!!) and suggested we walk the town and hey maybe a room will come to be. We walked and came back and had a lovely lunch in the Wave and laughed over my stupidity.. fun afternoon. Well now we are heading to get our bags back at the front desk and Paul comes out to say that they found us a room!!! OMG again but for a good reason . they really found us a room!!! It was great ( and I guess I should have also thanked the bride who did not use it!!). It was right upstairs and one flight (good for MOM) and well it had a bed and bathroom and was very clean and comfy.

I cannot thank the Bob Paul and staff enough for turning a not so good outing into a very pleasant one. We enjoyed a lovely dinner across the street that evening and a cocktail at the bar and a walk around town on Sunday. Thank you again for your efforts that paid off for us for sure!!

All my thanks and kudos to you all

Jean Hughes (guest on May 3 2014)
BTW a small thank you should be there on May 23 for the staff

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jean h
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I was recently married here at Danford's in April. We had a lot of our of town guests so we wanted a venue with a hotel. My husband frequently takes the ferry so we knew when we got engaged that Danford's would be the perfect location. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to get married.

Besides being lucky with my perfect guy, and with the most amazing weather, the location was perfect and the staff was incredible!!!! Everyone at the wedding has complimented on how good the food was and how friendly and accommodating the staff was. Before you could blink they were coming to you checking on you to see if you needed anything. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day/evening!

During the wedding planning process, Lynn was great to work with and made sure everything was organized and ready to go
for the big day. Vicki was also amazing! She hosted our tasting and had great ideas for the ceremony and cocktail hour. She wasn't available the day of our wedding but she made sure she set up the ceremony room
before she left work the day before. Stephanie was around the whole day and was also extremely nice and had everything run smoothly! Kristin was my bridal attendant and she was so sweet and helpful in every way. I also worked with and communicated with Christine Weber a lot! Between setting up the hotel block and the morning after the wedding breakfast I have nothing but nice things to say about her. She was always sweet and continuously went out of her way to help out In every way.

If you're planning a wedding I would highly recommend Danford's. Great location, great food and more importantly, a fantastic staff that is there to help and please you in every way possible.
You want the perfect day and you'll get it here!! Xo

Stayed: April 2014